Would Pegula vote "yes" to the Rams relocating to LA?

http://profootballta...to-move-to-l-a/

This would set up a VERY interesting vote for Terry Pegula.

Being the owner of the Bills, it would seem unlikely that he would vote in favor of relocation, especially given how taken he was by fans voicing their fears about the Bills moving and how emotional they were. It's true that the Rams have moved before and the Bills have not, but they have won a Super Bowl in STL and have been there quite a long time now.

However, being the "new guy" would he want to be the one guy who votes against what the NFL obviously wants to happen and is working to make happen?

This would be one of the first "big votes" of his tenure as owner. What would he do?

Personally, I see him voting "NO" especially since it won't really matter, as he might be one of 2-3 guys who vote no.

Now if somehow (extremely unlikely IMO) he was the deciding vote, THEN it gets very, very interesting.

Thoughts?

Edited by TheFunPolice

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope he'd vote "no." I doubt it would prevent the move but it would be a symbolic gesture in keeping with Ralph's legacy.

Some might see it that way. Others would argue that the Rams going to LA would be a case of putting the team back where it belongs, after it had been out of place for a while. Could be argued either way.

Some might see it that way. Others would argue that the Rams going to LA would be a case of putting the team back where it belongs, after it had been out of place for a while. Could be argued either way.

Any Bills owner should vote Yes to an LA franchise unless the team was in its original (since the merger) location.

LA is the Rams original location.

It shouldn't be a question. the vote is Yes.

Now if the Vikes wanted to move the answer is No.

(The vacuum in Minnesota would create the need for another relocation to fill it, Like Baltimore, Cleveland (expansion), Houston (expansion))

Any Bills owner should vote Yes to an LA franchise unless the team was in its original (since the merger) location.

LA is the Rams original location.

It shouldn't be a question. the vote is Yes.

Now if the Vikes wanted to move the answer is No.

(The vacuum in Minnesota would create the need for another relocation to fill it, Like Baltimore, Cleveland (expansion), Houston (expansion))

Cleveland is actually where the franchise was originally located. But I agree with you since there is no long standing tie to the St. Louis area.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

His mo with the sabres is to play good soldier for the nhl for payoff down the line (which we are seeing).

I think he votes yes. There will also be an understanding that st louis will have the opportunity for an expansion team if they get that stadium built before toronto, oakland/san jose, San Diego... or whoever else bails to la...

Are there stats available on net worth of various team owners? I'd be interested to see how much everyone (or group) has.

Yes, I believe ESPN just reported a list of the net worth of all pro sports team owners. This was a week or two back. Pegula was well positioned.

It's also important to note that the majority of his net worth is not tied up in the ownership of the team and/or stadium as is someone like JJ.

He should vote yes. Those bastages would have all voted "yes" for the Bills moving to Toronto, London, LA, San Antone, or the Darkside of the Moon. And the fans in whatever city will be ultimately affected by their team's move to LA would just have laughed, laughed, laughed at The Bills fans.

F'em all, I say.

Edited by Nanker

Once again, I will say what must be said:

LA is such an awesome! NFL market.....

.....that it hasn't had a team for 20 years. :rolleyes::lol:

LA is such an awesome! NFL market.....

.....that 2 owners decided St. Louis(:lol:) and F'ing Oakland(:lol: :lol:) were better places to do business. :wacko:

(Has anyone else been to all 3 cities? Not weekends, I'm talking projects = months/years. That's why I can say this. I'd rather move a team to Oklahoma City, live off the college rivalry, and take on Jerry Jones in his own TV market backyard, than go to St. Louis or Oakland. Buffalo gets 10x the crap that Oakland and St. Louis do, but Buffalo is a much better place to live. LA must have something seriously wrong with it, when Oakland and St. Louis somehow make more bottom line sense.)

I began saying this 10 years ago. I thought it was ironic/funny 10 years ago. You can imagine the hilarity I derive from 20 years of the same clowns, saying the same thing, hyping the same crap, usually tying it to Buffalo...and still...nothing. Hey, at least the tying it to Buffalo part is over. :thumbsup:

Ladies and Gentlemen, please. LA is a ridiculous place to try and do business. This is the reason why Anaheim...is Anaheim. But having said that, the entire area is a business nightmare.

Something about "the rich". Oh, and by the way, you need to provide "alternative entertainment" for the people that have the "right" to attend the football game, but choose not to watch football. :wacko:

Does anybody here really think that EVERY team in the NFL hasn't reasearched moving to LA? It would be CEO/CFO incompetence not to have at least researched it, never mind created a preliminary plan for it. Any business as large as an NFL franchise, with their resources, always does these sorts of contigency plans/studies. I know, because people like me get hired to do them. We get hired to them, because this way, the executive suite can never be accused of doing anything "bad" themselves.

If it leaks out, they can always blame us for screwing up. It's a nice arrangement for all involved: they blame us, then quitely cut us our check. We couldn't care less about what anyone says. We get our check, a good reference for taking the heat, and move on. You think Jerry Jones AND Bob Kraft, and every other owner you can't imagine ever moving their team....doesn't have a "Move to LA Plan, Created by X Consulting Firm, LLC" filed away somewhere? You think most owners haven't gotten past the preliminary/requirements stage, and asked the consultants to begin formalizing a real plan?

Then you simply don't know/get it.

What has stopped all of them from moving? All these owners, for 20 years? The problem isn't small markets, or revenue sharing, the NFL itself. and certainly not shoddy consulting work.

LA is the problem. The people, both those in power, and those that keep them there, are the problem. LA is the reason LA hasn't had a team for 20 years. That business environment? For a large scale, public business thinking about moving to that town? I'd simply hand the client a single piece of paper with the words "We don't find this feasible at this time." written on it, then I'd charge for an hour. :lol:

It comes down to a business decision, and for 20 years, LA is a terrible business decision. These owners didn't get where they are by making terrible business decisions.

I would hope he'd vote "no." I doubt it would prevent the move but it would be a symbolic gesture in keeping with Ralph's legacy.

This^^

Ralph always voted against relocation even if he was throwing his vote away. Pegula in many ways is the representative for his constituents. He votes for what is in the best interest of not only the Buffalo Bills, but the fans. While it is better financially (shared revenue) to have the LA market it will drive the cap (nonshared revenue) so there are pros and cons. After decades of relocation threats I think that it would be a good sign of solidarity if he stands by the people of St. Louis and votes no.