Would Pegula vote "yes" to the Rams relocating to LA?

This is true, of course. But, it's also true that LA-- especially Downtown LA-- is not the same city it was twenty years ago. I've been here since '91, and for decades they were talking about "revitalizing downtown." And, it was a joke for decades, but it has now happened. Staples Center has been enormously successful. Silverlake, Los Feliz, Echo Park (home of the famous Rampart precinct), have all gentrified. Even the downtown loft district is unrecognizable from when I lived there in the 90s. $80,000 cars parked on the street an no homeless population to speak of. There were entire homeless communities when I was there.

Los Angeles will have an NFL team. I just hope it isn't the Raiders.

The transformation of all those areas is true, and I totally agree. I have been here 20 years.

L.A. could easily support a team, and they would sell out for the first several years of a new stadium. And probably for the couple years it takes for the stadium to be built, simply because big companies and big players would buy up all the tickets to ensure it.

But there isn't much call for an NFL team here. I don't hear people talking about it at sports bars EVER. The stadium issue is far from being fixed, AEG never had a chance in hell, and Roski didn't either. If the NFL really wanted a team here they would have one. But the fact is, the other owners really wouldn't make considerably more money, the TV rights wouldn't go up a bit, the NFL doesn't NEED Los Angeles to prosper one bit, and the owners make more money threatening to come here than they would with a team here.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever anyone thinks of Ralph, he had a way of setting things up to ensure he got whatever he wanted.

Just ask Ted Rogers. Rogers thought he was going to get the Bills but all he got was 70+ million dollars poorer.

Back to the question at hand... I think Pegula would vote NO, but I'm interested to see what happens once he starts casting meaningful votes as owner!