Week 8: Jets' Game Preparation - Sammy Voted ROW

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A preview of why their DL is very likely going to destroy our offensive interior, courtesy of Bakyard Banter's eye in the sky:

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/the-eye-in-the-sky-picking-apart-the-jets-defense-all-22-breakdown.html

This is really the question of the week. If we can protect Orton, we win.

A preview of why their DL is very likely going to destroy our offensive interior, courtesy of Bakyard Banter's eye in the sky:

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/the-eye-in-the-sky-picking-apart-the-jets-defense-all-22-breakdown.html

I would note that that's from last year, right around the time that EJ roasted them.

I would note that that's from last year, right around the time that EJ roasted them.

Indeed it is...and I think that brings me around to the point: the short passing game is going to be key in beating these guys. That, and forcing turnovers.

EJ hit a lot of short timing patterns early on, and it paid off later as he was able to hit a few long throws in the 2nd half.

The overarching point I was making with that link is that our interior is going to be over matched by the "son trio" (Wilkerson-Harrison-Richardson).

Indeed it is...and I think that brings me around to the point: the short passing game is going to be key in beating these guys. That, and forcing turnovers.

EJ hit a lot of short timing patterns early on, and it paid off later as he was able to hit a few long throws in the 2nd half.

The overarching point I was making with that link is that our interior is going to be over matched by the "son trio" (Wilkerson-Harrison-Richardson).

Good point. Does anyone have the numbers on Orton's screen accuracy? I don't remember seeing Sammy doing a lot of them so I would love to see him getting in on some Sunday.

Good point. Does anyone have the numbers on Orton's screen accuracy? I don't remember seeing Sammy doing a lot of them so I would love to see him getting in on some Sunday.

Tell you what: if Rex is crazy enough to back his boundary CBs off of Sammy/Woody at the line, we should be WR screening them to death until they adjust...and when they do, hit them deep. I'm not worried about having enough protection, run 9 routes with an outside stem and throw it on a 3-step drop. With Sammy's ability to get a clean release off the line you can hit them for 30+ yards on that route routinely.

O-line looking to sharpen things up fast

Buffalo’s offensive line again had their share of struggles at the line of scrimmage. The men up front are well aware of the issues they have to address, correct and improve moving forward. And it won’t be easy going up against one of the most physical defensive lines in football.

“We have to do a better job. That’s evident,” said Eric Wood. “We’re going to keep working and get this thing figured out because we’re not doing a very good job up front right now.”

Indeed it is...and I think that brings me around to the point: the short passing game is going to be key in bedefectedating these guys. That, and forcing turnovers.

Check out when the first post was made. :lol:

http://forums.thegan...n-thread.82226/

No language filter there. :lol: Filters are for :censored:

RB Phillip Tanner joins Bills, C.J. Spiller goes to IR-Return

The Bills placed C.J. Spiller on the Reserve/Injured Designated for Return list and signed RB Phillip Tanner.

5 things to know about new Bills RB Phillip Tanner

Running back Phillip Tanner, who signed with the Bills on Wednesday, will help to fill the shoes of the injured C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson. Learn more about Tanner with these five fast facts.

The timetable for Spiller under short-term I-R

With C.J. Spiller placed on injured reserve – designated to return, or short term injured reserve, he will have the ability to return before the regular season is over, but not for much of it. Today, Oct. 21st is the first day that the clock starts on his possible return. Here’s how the timetable lays out under the short term I-R rules.

RB Tanner with some parallels to Fred Jackson

By no means are we indicating that Bills newest RB Phillip Tanner is the next Fred Jackson. What we have found though is that Tanner has some interesting personal parallels with the veteran back.