Week 8: Jets' Game Preparation - Sammy Voted ROW

Decker and Salas limited in practice.

Who else thinks Rex was lying when he said Harvin wouldn't be playing much?

I don't think Rex was lying. I don't think Harvin is smart and he needs to learn the playbook. So, I would think returns and some deep threats. Maybe a couple others plays too. Maybe some sweeps.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manish Mehta: "It's a must win" for the Jets

NFL and Jets Columnist for the New York Daily News Manish Mehta joined The John Murphy Show to share his thoughts on the Jets and Sunday's game including why he thinks it's a must win for the Jets.

Preview: Buffalo Bills vs. New York Jets (2:32)

NFL Films previews the Week 8 matchup between the Buffalo Bills and the New York Jets.

Under Review: Scott Chandler (3:30)

Alexandra Vitale talks with Bills tight end Scott Chandler about the Bills upcoming match up with the New York Jets and recapped last weekend's game against the Vikings.

Scouting Report: Bills at Jets

The Bills and Jets meet at 1 p.m. on Sunday at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.

Watkins Wowing in Buffalo

Jets Will Defend Against an Emerging Tandem in Kyle Orton & Sammy Watkins

@mikerodak

Marquise Goodwin is officially doubtful for Sunday. Did not practice Friday.

Marcus Easley and Aaron Williams are questionable

Rex Ryan: 10/24 Post Practice Press Conference

Coach Ryan Addressed the Media Following Friday's Practice

Cumberland Creating Mismatches

In His Weekly Review, Jets HC Rex Ryan Shows TE’s Ability to Separate from DBs

Sheldon: Jets Not Overlooking RB Dixon

DT Expects Bills to Run the Football, Despite Injuries to RBs C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson

It's curious that two teams with such different W-L records have such similar production.

Rank, Offense (Yards Gained)

Bills 22

Jets 26

Rank, Defense (Yards Allowed)

Jets 8

Bills 10

The Bills score about 19.3 points a game while the Jets give up about 26.4 points per game. Splitting the difference, the Bills should score about 23.

The Jets score about 17.3 points per game while the Bills allow about 20.3 points per game. The Jets should therefore score about 19.

Given the Jets are the home team (about a 3 point advantage), this game's more-or-less a toss up.

Bills vs. Jets preview

Since taking over the New York Jets in 2009, Rex Ryan is 7-3 against the Buffalo Bills -- the only team in the AFC East he can beat on a fairly consistent basis. Now Ryan and the Jets could be on the verge of losing that.

The Jets (1-6), losers of six straight, are heading nowhere. The Bills (4-3), in their second season under Doug Marrone, still have a chance to make something of their season. They meet Sunday at MetLife Stadium.

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini and ESPN Bills reporter Mike Rodak discuss the matchup:

W2W4: Bills at Jets

The Buffalo Bills (4-3) will look to string together back-to-back wins as they travel to face the New York Jets (1-6) on Sunday.

Here is what to watch for:

SI Now: Sammy Watkins on how the banged-up Bills adjust (1:39)

Don't let the 1-6 record fool you, the Jets are highly competitive and the Bills surely know it. The last thing the Bills will do is look past this game.

Well, there's a guy who gets it.

While looking at this match-up there are concerns as to how we match up against this team. On the other hand, if you put yourself in the shoes of a Jets fan what you will find is similar issues. Our O-line is my #1 concern. We got Boobie though. He'll pick up the blitz. Most of the time. We have good Special teams. We have a VERY good defense and a pretty good offense....which would be EXCELLENT if we had a just above average O line. Weather wont be a factor.

I dunno fellas, but I think we're gonna be OK going into the bye week. It'll be a dog fight though. Fer sher.