A Team Player- CJ Spiller

I know some people are not that happy with CJ because of his vision, missings holes, etc. But I don't think the Bills will ever have someone so much a team player then CJ Spiller.

From day one CJ came in and worked his butt off. Even though as a rookie he didn't see the field much, I never recall him ever complaining about not seeing the field. He always came back to the same thing " whatever is best for the team" He was always a team player.

Even in running the football he always credits everyone else for his plays... He gets a big run he always will say " because of my blockers" he is a humble player, and we don't see much of that anymore in the NFL. Even when he was breaking records back in 2012, he said" I give credit to my teammates".

And probably the biggest thing is, he truly cares for his teammates. Everytime someone is hurt you always see him there right next to the the man down. Sunday, as Jackson was being carted of the field, Spiller goes over and gives him a hug. He's one of those players that is always there when you need him. Someone has something wrong, he's always always reaching out to them. CJ Spiller is a team player!

To see him maybe play his last game as a Bill ( I hope not though) and to have it end like that was truly sad. To see this Humble, great, team player go off the field crying in pain... was sad.

No matter where he goes my favorite player will always be C.J Spiller, he's a player people.should like. Get Well CJ!

And I know its a business, but I hope Whaley sees how much a team player he is and how much he wants to be here, and try as hard as he can to keep him in Buffalo.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love CJ and would love to see him stay in Buffalo. I think him crying as he was carted off was a combination of the pain, him knowing this was his opportunity with Fred being out and knowing his career in Buffalo might be over. He is a great guy and I wish nothing but the best for him and his family. I was hoping he was going to wave to the crowd as he left, but I'm sure lifting his right arm was painful as well.

Love CJ and would love to see him stay in Buffalo. I think him crying as he was carted off was a combination of the pain, him knowing this was his opportunity with Fred being out and knowing his career in Buffalo might be over. He is a great guy and I wish nothing but the best for him and his family. I was hoping he was going to wave to the crowd as he left, but I'm sure lifting his right arm was painful as well.

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure it was a combination of everything.

I think CJ has a player option for the sixth year. Usually those are a decent amount of money, sometimes the amount of say, a transition player. Before this year it was a foregone conclusion that he wouldn't exercise that option and try to work out a long term deal with the Bills or enter FA. Now, after not starting out well, and getting hurt like this, his best option may be to take that last year and play it out hoping he does well and enter next year's free agency. I'm not sure when the deadline is to choose, perhaps it's already past. But since it's a player option and not the team's, it's CJ's choice.

Sorry to break up the love fest, but...

Pretty sure CJ caused a stir in his rookie season and 2nd season when he didn't get carries and was removed from the starting spot in week 2-3 I'm favor of Lynch and Freddie.

No link. It was over 4 friggin years ago.

Pretty sure CJ caused a stir in his rookie season and 2nd season when he didn't get carries and was removed from the starting spot in week 2-3 I'm favor of Lynch and Freddie.

Young player makes a mistake and learns from it to become a great teammate, better bring up what happened 4 years ago instead of his recent actions.

Oh and no link or proof, it must be true!

Edited by NDBUFFCUSEFAN

The guy has been an absolute class act. Give the crusade a rest...

Young player makes a mistake and learns from it to become a great teammate, better bring up what happened 4 years ago instead of his recent actions.

Oh and no link or proof, it must be true!

just because I have no link doesn't make it incorrect.

The guy has been an absolute class act. Give the crusade a rest...

ill give it a rest when either he's off the team or when everyone else gives the love fest a rest.

How's that?

I usually trust people with no proof and a clear agenda. Give it a break man, it just makes you look petty and whiny.

ill give it a rest when either he's off the team or when everyone else gives the love fest a rest.

How's that?

Any other demands?

"Pretty sure"? You've jumped the shark, FYI. I don't have a link but you can take my word.

CJ is a great teammate and I would bet that every player on the Bills (with Fred first in line) would love to see him back.

Given that someone took issue with my saying haters will hate, I will end with:

Crusaders will crusade - even those who in other posts (accurately) critique our guards, but, at the same time go out of their way to trash CJ.

I wish CJ a speedy recovery - and a long career with the team and city he loves - the Buffalo Bills.