EJ

YoloinOhio

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ takes lots of bad sacks, doesn't run when he can and should, he can't throw a spiral, can't identify defensive schemes, can't make more than one read, checks down every other play. The cat is terrible. I can't believe there are fans that actually want to see him back out there.

we needed another Anti EJ thread?

what was that word someone used the other day? Hater?

http://www.buffalobi...d1-0aaa5aa6b26b EJ v Carolina (as a rookie)

http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-player-team-news-features/buffalo-bills-secondary-manuel-key-in-victory-in-jacksonville/

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I just hope EJ is learning from what he sees Orton doing on the field. Simply because I think its only a matter of time before the line gets Orton killed.

I think Orton is plenty tough but you're probably right. Orton is great at scanning the field and finding the open receiver. EJ could learn a ton from that.

I think one day we will look back and see how bad it was to trust Hackett to develop a young QB. You should not trust a guy who has only been an OC at Syracuse for 2 years to develop a QB. Not one person has progressed in his offense.

EJ takes lots of bad sacks, doesn't run when he can and should, he can't throw a spiral, can't identify defensive schemes, can't make more than one read, checks down every other play. The cat is terrible. I can't believe there are fans that actually want to see him back out there.

who said they want him back out there?

we needed another Anti EJ thread?

what was that word someone used the other day? Hater?

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-Focus-Relive-the-Game-Winning-Drive/8ea1d5ea-b16a-4d9f-afd1-0aaa5aa6b26b

it was not an anti-EJ thread. I was commending him on his class and positive attitude on the sideline and recognizing the fact he has led this team to game winning TDs. Edited by YoloinOhio

it was not an anti-EJ thread. I was commending him on his class and positive attitude on the sideline and recognizing the fact he has led this team to game winning TDs.

Your intent is understood and I read that you meant no malice, but knowing this forum ... it will turn that way very easily Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

EJ was in the game we lose by 24. he is worthless and never should have been picked by the Bills. IF This front office has any guts and integrity whatso ever, they cut him this offseason and admit they made a mistake

You know who he is never going to be. Jordan Palmer. Man that guy is good.

Consider what happens if the Kyle Orton of these past three weeks is the Kyle Orton of the entire season: 8-4, 3,600 yds 20 TDs 12 INTs. Do you sit him? I wouldn't. At that point he's the guy for the foreseeable future.

There's really not a huge statistical difference between he and Manuel from an overall standpoint. Given that they have a similar number of attempts, you can make a decent direct comparison.

Orton: 124 attempts, 85 completions (68.5%), 890 yards, 5 TD, 3 INT, 7.2 YPA, 10.5 YPC, 13 sacks.

Manuel: 131 attempts, 76 completions (58.0%) 832 yards, 5 TD, 3 INT, 6.4 YPA, 11.0 YPC, 7 sacks

Point production is pretty similar, 19.75 with Manuel, 18.7 with Orton.

That largely agrees with what I've seen. There's not a huge overall difference, except for one. Orton makes plays late in games that EJ doesn't and that's why he's on the field instead.

Edited by Brandon

It's funny how complimenting EJ triggers a crap storm about how he wouldn't have done this or he wouldn't have done that.

He came out of FSU as a project and ended up being immediately thrown to the wolves. I think sitting, watching, and developing behind a vet will help him immensely.

And because I'm a Bills fan, I hope he shows up at camp, smokes Orton, and forces the coaches to name him the starter - that would be a best-case scenario for the team.

It's funny how complimenting EJ triggers a crap storm about how he wouldn't have done this or he wouldn't have done that.

He came out of FSU as a project and ended up being immediately thrown to the wolves. I think sitting, watching, and developing behind a vet will help him immensely.

And because I'm a Bills fan, I hope he shows up at camp, smokes Orton, and forces the coaches to name him the starter - that would be a best-case scenario for the team.

Yep.

I do think the better QB is starting right now, but I also don't think EJ was anywhere near as bad as some of his critics make him out to be. Hopefully he'll learn from his time on the bench, because honestly, he's probably going to have to play some later this year unless the pass protection improves.

EJ doesn't complete that game winning drive. Sorry, he just doesn't. Convert a 4th and 20? No way.

I assume he'll get another chance as starter next season, but since his college coach apparently told teams he wasn't NFL starter material, I have little confidence in his longterm prospects.

Ej probably wouldn't have thrown the pick or got the grounding penalty or taken all of the sacks

Yeah I think EJ gets kinda shafted on here, kid wasn't supposed to really play last year but thanks to the Evil Wet Mat/demise of Kevin Kolb he was thrown to the wolves. Maybe he gets this year to sit down and make up for that, maybe he's already broken we really don't know. He is doing exactly what he himself needs to be doing right now and that is staying positive, involved with the team and taking notes on Orton.........I think we see EJ again at some point, he isn't as done as some on here think. And yeah about that 4th and 20, I doubt EJ puts the team in that position. This is all coming from a guy who hated the EJ selection, so don't tell me I just refuse to be wrong. If we had my way Mike Glennon would be being broken behind this O-Line.

Yeah I think EJ gets kinda shafted on here, kid wasn't supposed to really play last year but thanks to the Evil Wet Mat/demise of Kevin Kolb he was thrown to the wolves. Maybe he gets this year to sit down and make up for that, maybe he's already broken we really don't know. He is doing exactly what he himself needs to be doing right now and that is staying positive, involved with the team and taking notes on Orton.........I think we see EJ again at some point, he isn't as done as some on here think. And yeah about that 4th and 20, I doubt EJ puts the team in that position. This is all coming from a guy who hated the EJ selection, so don't tell me I just refuse to be wrong. If we had my way Mike Glennon would be being broken behind this O-Line.

To me, he looks 100% more relaxed. Maybe he just needed to get the giant pressure of 14 years/no playoffs off his young shoulders for a few weeks and breathe.

EJ is a bust. Not even close to being a number one qb. You can't go by personality.

You can go by the QB's arm, and EJ doesn't have the arm......Orton has the arm.....can throw....like a pro should. I don't like the fact that the Bills picked EJ on intangibles......and failed picking on the ability to pass the ball. I hope the Bills don't waste 5 years on EJ like they did on Losman.......

What if EJ turns out to be an incredible backup QB for this team?

Not what you want, for sure, but not a bust....

If the 16th pick in the draft turns out to be a backup they are a bust.

Great backups aren't "incredible". They have great moments and games from time to time but they're a backup for a reason..

You can go by the QB's arm, and EJ doesn't have the arm......Orton has the arm.....can throw....like a pro should. I don't like the fact that the Bills picked EJ on intangibles......and failed picking on the ability to pass the ball. I hope the Bills don't waste 5 years on EJ like they did on Losman.......

:lol:

I think you might be the only person on the planet who believes that. The kid is far from perfect but he has an absolute cannon for an arm.