On to the Jets

Gisele

Absolutely. I'm actually kind of glad the Jets played the Pats tuff last week. I think our defense matches up well with the Jets. Basically, as long as the team we are facing does not have an elite QB, this D can be good enough to keep us in any game. The offense is a concern with all the turnovers. But I mean come on, 7 turnovers in the last two games?? You got to figure we are due for a turnover free game or at worst one turnover. Orton just needs to focus on holding onto the ball when under pressure. I am totally fine with the fact that he is throwing one pick every game. They tend to come early. And he is fantastic about moving the ball when we absolutely have to. But the fumbles are costly.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. I'm actually kind of glad the Jets played the Pats tuff last week. I think our defense matches up well with the Jets. Basically, as long as the team we are facing does not have an elite QB, this D can be good enough to keep us in any game. The offense is a concern with all the turnovers. But I mean come on, 7 turnovers in the last two games?? You got to figure we are due for a turnover free game or at worst one turnover. Orton just needs to focus on holding onto the ball when under pressure. I am totally fine with the fact that he is throwing one pick every game. They tend to come early. And he is fantastic about moving the ball when we absolutely have to. But the fumbles are costly.

key matchup is our run D vs their run O. Take that away, make them one-dimensional and put it in Geno's hands is our best shot. They looked good against Pats because they mauled them in the run game (+200 yards). Cant see that happening against us

The Jets team that played the Pats this week will win by two touchdowns. The Bills are a year away. If the Jets can gouge the Bills on the ground, it will make Geno look like a Hall of Famer again. This game worries me.

The thing is, the Jets tend to play the Pats better then the Bills over the last 5 years are so. I think it is all about match-ups and scheme employed by Rex. But it doesn't necessarily translate to the Jets being able to dominate the Bills.

Similarly, we match-up extremely well against the Dolphins. Yet, the Dolphins have always played the Pats better then the Bills.

I need to watch the game over again, as it was more of a background today, but one thing I noticed about Minny pass rush was they were doing the same stunt all the time and still getting through. That worries me with Rex having 11 days to game plan.

yep - they overwhelmed our center and guards by blitzing the two gaps between the three.

without a speedy back to make them pay on the edge, or a back gifted in blitz pick-up - this was a no-brainer for a defensive coach like Frazier.

expect Rex to apply pressure in a similar way, and with more efficiency - having an entire week to plan how to exploit our pass protection

Hackett has his work cut out for him this week.

I don't like our chances. Jets will get physical with us. I see us having a very hard time moving the ball. Geno Smith is the type of qb that you should blitz the hell out of, but schwartz will sit back, rush 3-4, and allow geno to get comfortable enough to hurt us with a few throws. I smell a 10 point loss.

well Im looking forward to seeing some fresh looks from the backfield. Fred/CJ combo wasnt getting it done. Yes the line has a lot to do with that, but barring fumbles it cant get any worse. Boobie held his own as a replacement, boobie + bryce sounds good to me (but so does boobie + anything for that matter) :)

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Scary game because I loathe the Jets, and losing to them would ruin my entire weak. Jets still a tough out despite the 1-6 record, but we have the better team and a better QB. They are better coached. In the end, hope we got enough to win it, because losing would really set back our playoff chances. Huge game.

Scary game because I loathe the Jets, and losing to them would ruin my entire weak. Jets still a tough out despite the 1-6 record, but we have the better team and a better QB. They are better coached. In the end, hope we got enough to win it, because losing would really set back our playoff chances. Huge game.

I dont have the data behind me, but I think dropping to 1 & 4 in conference maybe we can stomach one more loss at most and have a chance at WC tie breakers ... so yeah, this is big. But I think we will win .... strength against strength, I think we win the run D vs run O matchup

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack