Bryce Brown time is here

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of confidence in Brown. I think that he is a middle of the road #1 that has the whole game. I am looking forward to him getting his chance.

You're not alone. I loved this trade when it happened, love it more now. I never expected Brown to challenge CJ or Fred this year as a starter, but have been disappointed to see him consistently inactive as he's certainly worth putting out there for a few plays a game.

Now it'll be his chance to play a big role in getting this team over the hump. It's the kind of situation all athletes dream of -- though I'm sure he didn't wish for injury to his backfield mates to get it. Brown has the ability to be a feature back in the NFL, that's why he cost us a 4th round pick. I'm excited to see what the kid's got.

I predict no significant drop off in running game performance. In fact, it may slightly improve.

Fred can weave through the first one or two levels of defense "like pouring water from a glass" to quote Tasker.

Spiller tends to dance too much and doesn't get a chance to use his speed very often with all the inside running plays that he is inexplicably assigned.

If Booby and Bryce can just plow ahead for "a few yards and a cloud of dust" (or rubber pellets, whatever) then the net result may not be all that different.

the kid bagging groceries can run with a football.. can he run routes and catch an NFL pass? can he pick up blitzes? can he hold onto the ball?

Good point about picking up blitzes. Fred was the best. Spiller, not so much. And both could run routes and catch. Both had pretty good ball security (I said pretty good, not great).

@RQUINN619: What can we expect from #Bills RB Bryce Brown? I broke down his game w/ vids @TheBillsMafia

http://t.co/IcjRHYucbP http://t.co/gRmA8Wab8Y

Bryce Brown has prototypical size and speed for an every-down running back as he’s got a compact frame that can handle punishment when running between the tackles. He’s got great speed, but his best asset is his ability to see a hole, cut, and burst through it for a big gain. Brown is incredibly elusive and shifty for his size and can make defenders miss, or run through them.

To me, Brown’s biggest issue is that he tends to bounce stretch runs too far outside and too often.

Sounds a lot like Spiller except for better ability to see hole; even has Spiller tendency to bounce outside.

Now we KNOW Fred will be going to game and help his running back coach any way he can. Maybe this will be week when Jackson decides coaching is the nxt step in his career after he is ready to hang up his cleats.

Sounds a lot like Spiller except for better ability to see hole; even has Spiller tendency to bounce outside.

Now we KNOW Fred will be going to game and help his running back coach any way he can. Maybe this will be week when Jackson decides coaching is the nxt step in his career after he is ready to hang up his cleats.

totally agree on Fred. He's going to make brown his personal mission.

Jackson added that the team has the utmost confidence in Bryce Brown to carry the load.

"He's an every-down back," Jackson said, per the Bills' official Twitter. "He can do it all. We won't miss a beat."

Www.NFL.com

Fred Jackson represents . . . always.

He makes me proud to be a fan.

@RQUINN619: What can we expect from #Bills RB Bryce Brown? I broke down his game w/ vids @TheBillsMafia

http://t.co/IcjRHYucbP http://t.co/gRmA8Wab8Y

Those outside kicks, he should have cut it inside on both, for a couple yard gain, instead of multiple yard losses going out of bounds. Basically what I saw during pre-season. :|

Anybody who watched him fill in for McCoy a couple years ago knows he is explosive but also very tough. He struggles with fumbles though.

Too bad you didn't watch his second season. He had zero fumbles.

Dixon has looked really good in his limited role so far this year. He seems to usually get 2-3 yards at minimum . And I think I trust his ball security. Brown will get playing time but we will have to see how much. Doesn't he have ball security issues? Not sure that is a good thing when we have 7 turnovers in the last two games.

Too bad you didn't watch his second season. He had zero fumbles.

Good to know. He also had 35% less carries and his rushing average was half a yard less per carry that year compared to the year prior. Hope he can keep protecting the ball, I can deal with the decreased yards per carry.