Embarassing win

Bocephuz

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never feel embarrassed by a win.

This is football. Lots of games are won by grit, determination... and defense.

We committed four turnovers and still won. Somebody did something right.

I've too often seen the Bills find ways to lose. How exciting to see them find a way to win at the end!

Go Bills!

I've heard of embarrassing losses but not embarrassing wins. So when the pats beat the jets on a last second field goal block was that an "embarrassing win?" Whats embarrassing is the "fans" who want to piss and moan even when we win. Get over it all you doom and gloomers we won. Be happy for five minutes.

Then why do you even watch? I bet the neighbors 5 houses down heard my YAHOOS when Sammy caught that TD. Bills win on a TD with 5 seconds on the clock and you don't get excited?

it's not about week 7 .. It's about 16 weeks and what I saw today does not give me confidence about us winning 10 out of 16 weeks. I want to be watching in week 18 or 19 when the yahoos are truly meaningful and memorable. Noone will be talking about this amazing comeback win against the Vikings 10 years from now

Young teams have to learn how to win close games. I'll take 19 ugly wins every year.

This!

Then why do you even watch? I bet the neighbors 5 houses down heard my YAHOOS when Sammy caught that TD. Bills win on a TD with 5 seconds on the clock and you don't get excited?

This too!

The people who are bitching about Orton's 31 for 43 and a win need to get clue! Dude stood in there and made plays when it mattered. On the priority list of problems he is way down the list!

I don't feel good about that at win at all. O Line is an embarrassment , Orton had 2 unforced turnovers, bad fumbles . Thank God for our D. Rbs getting hurt is no excuse

So, if they won a playoff game or better yet the Super Bowl this way you'd be embarrassed??

Geez, take the joy when you get it!!

As I mentioned in another thread, how impressive could the Patriots have been with their lack-luster win over Oakland? At the end of the day, good teams forget the mistakes they made, forget how good/bad the team they are playing is, and they just win.

So, if they won a playoff game or better yet the Super Bowl this way you'd be embarrassed??

Geez, take the joy when you get it!!

if we were in the playoffs or Super Bowl that would mean we'd be playing an incredibly solid opponent. Ugly wins against good teams on the road ( ie Lions win) are something to be proud of. An ugly win in week 7 at home against a rookie Qb with no Adrian Peterson does not even remotely compare

if we were in the playoffs or Super Bowl that would mean we'd be playing an incredibly solid opponent. Ugly wins against good teams on the road ( ie Lions win) are something to be proud of. An ugly win in week 7 at home against a rookie Qb with no Adrian Peterson does not even remotely compare

The only thing a fan should worry about at the end is this. Our final score is greater than the opponents. Everything else is secondary.

The issue with the win isn't about being embarrassed or whatever you want to say about it. Its the continued recurrence of the same issues game after game. Playcalling and oline play will keep this team from accomplishing anything on a larger scale. Its a good win for the season standings and playoff hopes, but this one didn't really pass the eye test.