Best heavy metal- Started as a courtesy to Buffalo Barbarian.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What part of megadeth was awesome didn't you understand.

Sorry slayer is way better.

If you like those other styles great, not my cup of tea, to each his own.

Gotta back you up on this, brother.

I love the Big 4 and have since the 80s, and Slayer is at the top. I hear their influence in so many other bands it's not even funny - it's everywhere in metal and that tells me a lot about their stature in the genre. I saw Slayer with Testament and Carcass last week and they were, as always, awesome even without Jeff and Dave - and their new video that came out yesterday is pretty cool as well.

I do like other forms of metal - sludge (Crowbar, Down), metalcore/mathcore (Dillinger Escape Plan), goth (Type O) but it's hard to stay away from the stuff you first liked and for me that's thrash and that's Slayer.

Gotta back you up on this, brother.

I love the Big 4 and have since the 80s, and Slayer is at the top. I hear their influence in so many other bands it's not even funny - it's everywhere in metal and that tells me a lot about their stature in the genre. I saw Slayer with Testament and Carcass last week and they were, as always, awesome even without Jeff and Dave - and their new video that came out yesterday is pretty cool as well.

I do like other forms of metal - sludge (Crowbar, Down), metalcore/mathcore (Dillinger Escape Plan), goth (Type O) but it's hard to stay away from the stuff you first liked and for me that's thrash and that's Slayer.

I do actually like sludge, big fan of crowbar and had there self titled album way back in I think 93.

To me I would drop out anthrAx for pantera even though they aren't thrash. Just never liked em, better as SOD.

Going to check out the math below.

For people who don't know math metal:

Not feeling this, maybe there more

For people who don't know math metal:

I'm a huge fan of Mathcore/Mathmetal, and to me that isn't math enough. Not enough key changes or time changes. Seems pretty straight forward. As Avenger said, Dillinger is a much better example, IMO. Or even Fall of Troy.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I'm a huge fan of Mathcore/Mathmetal, and to me that isn't math enough. Not enough key changes or time changes. Seems pretty straight forward. As Avenger said, Dillinger is a much better example, IMO. Or even Fall of Troy.

Meshuggah? Or are they considered Djent

Meshuggah? Or are they considered Djent

I'd say more Djent or Progressive. It's pretty straight forward 4/4 time signature.

Mathcore is more about the time changes, going from like 4/4 to 6/8 then to 3/4 or something like that and then throwing in key changes and different cord progressions. Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan and The Number 12 Looks Like You are really the pioneers. Converge is more on the Hardcore side but still Mathcore. It's certainly not for everyone.

Black tusk is missing a guitar player. Bass and drummer could be bad ass in another band.

Dillinger Escape Plan sux.

IMO

Cookie monster should shut up and eat some cookies.

IMO.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

• 4 weeks later...