Best heavy metal- Started as a courtesy to Buffalo Barbarian.

In the best traditions of metal: A THREAD NECRO

I felt this thread was doing a great injustice to metalheads not including rev. al. Easily the LOUDEST metal band I've ever seen, and I've seen dozens. And after all, isn't loud and angry what metal's all about xD

Edited by joesixpack

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is probably the heaviest band out there and they can actually play, not a fan of their name but they sing more about politics than anything.

I am amazed someone beside me knows dying fetus! Awesome! Much respect. If we are talking pure musicians, children of bodom.

I am amazed someone beside me knows dying fetus! Awesome! Much respect. If we are talking pure musicians, children of bodom.

Gotta say not a fan of Bodom, to light and dream theaterish

props to knowing Dieing Fetus

Also big fan of Malevolent Creation, Cannibal Corpse ( both orginated from Buffalo) Obituary and Swedish death Metal band Grave.

Also Misery Index and Suffacation, could go on forever with this; Nepalm Death, Incantation, Carcass, Bolt thrower, Crowbar ...

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Funny story I dated a girl who was such a fan of carcass she actually carved it into her leg with a knife, you wouldn't see it unless she had a tan (she never has a tan, she pointed it out, she also named her dog Shane for Embury) yet she a family practice physician.

I've seen cannibal corpse 6 times, I know one of their producers, he lives in tampa, where the band now lives. Real nice people.

Suffocation, God I forgot about them! Good choices

Have you ever seen Bodom in concert? Amazing performance, but I understand you probably dislike the synth.

Funny story I dated a girl who was such a fan of carcass she actually carved it into her leg with a knife, you wouldn't see it unless she had a tan (she never has a tan, she pointed it out, she also named her dog Shane for Embury) yet she a family practice physician.

I've seen cannibal corpse 6 times, I know one of their producers, he lives in tampa, where the band now lives. Real nice people.

Suffocation, God I forgot about them! Good choices

Have you ever seen Bodom in concert? Amazing performance, but I understand you probably dislike the synth.

not much of a concert goer, I went to a show at the peppermint beach club in VA beach when I was in the Navy back in 92. I just got into Death Metal at the time so wasn't real familiar with them so it would have been better if I saw them later but it was Agnostic front (eh) Malevolent Creation, Cannibal and Obituary. That's a crazy girl but it must have been nice to be with a girl who like metal, my wife hates it and bitches about even light stuff on the radio like Korn.

Ever hear of Disciple? I was weary of them, because someone at church told me about them, and they're a Christian band which is usually terrible. But they're actually an awesome band that just happen to have Christian lyrics.

Don't know them but Mortification and Living Sacrifice are Good old school bands. Impending Doom is a good modern one but they have a touch of emo but still solid. Being a Christian I should listen to more of them but I really don't listen to music too much bc I'm busy. Any band that is overtly Satanic I wont listen too but the rest I can tolerate bc I can't understand a word they say and I only like it for the music.

Don't know them but Mortification and Living Sacrifice are Good old school bands. Impending Doom is a good modern one but they have a touch of emo but still solid. Being a Christian I should listen to more of them but I really don't listen to music too much bc I'm busy. Any band that is overtly Satanic I wont listen too but the rest I can tolerate bc I can't understand a word they say and I only like it for the music.

Christian music is so hit and miss. The ones that are good, are really good. But most, are terrible. Barren Cross sounds almost identical to Iron Maiden. You'd think you were listening to Bruce Dickenson.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the raw sound of this guitar riff.

And this is REALLY old school metal.

NWOBHM

Like Metallica's version better

who sings the song? when I listened to it on youtube it just said NWOBM, which I thought was a style.