Best heavy metal- Started as a courtesy to Buffalo Barbarian.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably too sophisticated to wear the "heavy metal" label, but definately elements of metal and hard rock: Give the songs at least two minutes or so, as things happen later on:

http://youtu.be/6AKaUr_nDeM

BTW, use the Share link on Youtube to get the video to show up. Unfortunately I think you can only post one vid per post.

Edited by The Dean

yep, really. the funny ting is, that's exactly what I though of what you posted.

deep growls over high pitched screams everytime

Probably too sophisticated to wear the "heavy metal" label, but definately elements of metal and hard rock: Give the songs at least two minutes or so, as things happen later on:

http://youtu.be/6AKaUr_nDeM

BTW, use the Share link on Youtube to get the video to show up. Unfortunately I think you can only post one vid per post.

Sharklink, will give it a try next time.

deep growls over high pitched screams everytime

to each his own. I personally think it's a completely wasted resource, especially considering the incredible level of musicianship in most modern metal bands, to relegate the vocals to little more than the ogre/cookie monster-on-steroids that most metal bands employ in recent years. but like I said, to each his own.

If you like 80s metal or just a fan of great musicians in general give X-Japan a try.

I caught them live at Madison Square Garden last week and it was by far the best concert I've ever been to. And I've seen them all. Really theatrical and emotional performance. I've been a casual fan since the 90s, but seeing them live took it to a whole other level. Edited by Dr. Fong

Slayer, hands down. I'm a big classic thrash guy - never really got into the death metal/cookie monster vocal stuff - not real impressed with that. Give me Slayer, Anthrax. Megadeth, Exodus, Pantera, Testament, Overkill, Metallica, Kreator, COC any day, but even in that group Slayer reigns supreme.

I've seen them on just about every tour since '85 and have tickets to see them with Exodus and Suicidal Tendencies in November - should be a killer show.

pity about Jeff Hanneman (RIP), but it still ought to be a good show.

some of my favorites are tool, machine head, volbeat, mushroomhead, in this moment. used to love metallica and iron maiden. always thought corrosion of conformity (the pepper keenan version) was seriously underrated. but if i had to choose one, i would have to go with tool. they are not necessarily "metal", but they are incredible.