Best heavy metal- Started as a courtesy to Buffalo Barbarian.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to each his own. I personally think it's a completely wasted resource, especially considering the incredible level of musicianship in most modern metal bands, to relegate the vocals to little more than the ogre/cookie monster-on-steroids that most metal bands employ in recent years. but like I said, to each his own.

cookie cookie cookie :D

I could care less about vocals, to me they are an extension of the music, Cannibal Corpse one of the best Throats out there.

I've gotten into Tool and Perfect Circle....

Even at age 46 I still love the emotion you get out of metal...

:thumbsup:

nothing like good tunes that make you want smash somebody, all in good fun of course B-)

If you like 80s metal or just a fan of great musicians in general give X-Japan a try.

I caught them live at Madison Square Garden last week and it was by far the best concert I've ever been to. And I've seen them all. Really theatrical and emotional performance. I've been a casual fan since the 90s, but seeing them live took it to a whole other level.

not an 80s fan, except for thrash and the beginning of death

Slayer, hands down. I'm a big classic thrash guy - never really got into the death metal/cookie monster vocal stuff - not real impressed with that. Give me Slayer, Anthrax. Megadeth, Exodus, Pantera, Testament, Overkill, Metallica, Kreator, COC any day, but even in that group Slayer reigns supreme.

not bad but still love Obituary, Cannabal Corpse and Malevolent Creation more (BTW the last two bands originated from Buffalo)

The one thing I don't like about death is the over the top gore and satanism, I feel like telling them that stuff sux and just make good Heavy music with out all the garbage. I used to throw out the album art so I didn't have to see it or know what that said, and you cant understand a word anyway so its all good :D

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

some of my favorites are tool, machine head, volbeat, mushroomhead, in this moment. used to love metallica and iron maiden. always thought corrosion of conformity (the pepper keenan version) was seriously underrated. but if i had to choose one, i would have to go with tool. they are not necessarily "metal", but they are incredible.

I am see Volbeat today with five finger death punch, killswitch engage, Hellyeah, and others. should be a good time....

I am see Volbeat today with five finger death punch, killswitch engage, Hellyeah, and others. should be a good time....

they are probably the least metal of all those bands, but volbeat really makes some good music and play to the crowd very well. hellyeah is interesting to me because i constantly wonder what happened to the mudvayne that put out LD50...loved that album.

i just wanted to drop back in and say that the show i saw last sat night was awesome. Volbeat didn't really fit in with the others. And Hellyeah was my favorite. Something about their music hit my rage just right. i prefer a certain tempo, fast and hard...for music i mean.... :flirt: :flirt: :death: :death:

i just wanted to drop back in and say that the show i saw last sat night was awesome. Volbeat didn't really fit in with the others. And Hellyeah was my favorite. Something about their music hit my rage just right. i prefer a certain tempo, fast and hard...for music i mean.... :flirt: :flirt: :death: :death:

yeah volbeat wouldn't fit in there, guy has a weird voice like Type O Negative, Although I heard their singer died.

You are definitely a thrash fan, you must love Slayer best thrash band of all time

wow, that was a disturbing video. Liked the song. Not sure why the videos have to be so over the top.

Well, i do really, i just dont like the outright evil. Why cant we just rage and rock without the soul eating ?

wow, that was a disturbing video. Liked the song. Not sure why the videos have to be so over the top.

Well, i do really, i just dont like the outright evil. Why cant we just rage and rock without the soul eating ?

Amen to that!!!

If you want to talk Slipknot, I think this is their best.

Dude that is so wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:

THE KINGS. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=ootZVJOWOcv2yQSn-YDYCw&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DRRXOgUDYn1Q&ved=0CB4Q3ywwAA&usg=AFQjCNGMWRoOL43oZJMyastpUIuPAOBf3Q

THE FOUR HORSEMEN.

CHOOSE YOUR FATE, OR DIE!

You've been dying since the day you were born...

THRASH BITCHES!!!

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER