Seahawks Trade Percy Harvin to the Jets

He did have 3 TDs called back on one game.

Harvin, when healthy, is the most explosive player in the NFL. He hasn't been healthy too often and he has had reports of not being all there mentally. A total wild card. If the Bills had picked him up I would have been happy so I can't knock the Jets.

Rex and Harvin might be kindered spirits, I don't like him in the division.

That's great and all, but his 1 actual TD for the year shouldn't have counted. He clearly stepped out of bounds on the run.

The guy has been all hype his entire career, never statistically coming close to a #1 receiver.

Let's not forget, in season trades rarely work out as there just isn't adequate time to develop chemistry or learn the system. But I'm sure the Jest/Geno will force the ball to Harvin, meaning probably more INTs for Geno.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great and all, but his 1 actual TD for the year shouldn't have counted. He clearly stepped out of bounds on the run.

The guy has been all hype his entire career, never statistically coming close to a #1 receiver.

Let's not forget, in season trades rarely work out as there just isn't adequate time to develop chemistry or learn the system. But I'm sure the Jest/Geno will force the ball to Harvin, meaning probably more INTs for Geno.

At least they're trying to address their needs and get geno more targets. Unlike us who have a desperate need for quality guards, and aren't looking outside at all

He missed seven games with Minnesota in 2012 due to an ankle injury. he missed 15 last year for Seattle with a hip problem. currently he is questionable for Week 7 with a thigh injury. not to mention his recurring migraine headaches and previous concussions. nagging injury issues have caused him to miss or skip practice this year. Harvin is a difficult personality and has had confrontations with teammates (Russell Wilson) and dealt with anger issues.

has it been reported what round(s) the "conditional pick" is?

2-4

At least they're trying to address their needs and get geno more targets. Unlike us who have a desperate need for quality guards, and aren't looking outside at all

we actually don't know that he isn't looking outside for "quality guards." The issue is there are a lot of teams with injuries on the OL and everyone is still in playoff contention. There aren't many teams willing to trade a "quality guard" in week 7. They signed a guy in FA and then drafted one. One is on IR and the other is now starting. The problem IMO is they didn't spend more on that position in FA. Kim may be more willing this year.

harvin is a big wild card behaviorally. lets not forget he chokeslammed a coach in college, and was banned from high school athletics. and allegedly had to be separated from a near fight with coaches in minnesota.

it may just not make sense YET.

There was a nice dialogue on Moving the Chains yesterday. The speculation was his salary was too high for his production, and he still is having anger mgmt issues along with he's never made it a full season. I don't see him as a huge threat other than on special teams. MN moved on from him, Seattle has moved on from him when he was their big free agent acquisition. What does that tell you?

Regarding the Jets, they looked sharp as they just kept running on the Pats. I don't see the Jets being able to run on the Bills, so they will have to win with Geno's arm.

This actually is great news. The Jets are going to count on a player who rarely shows up and has the potential to unravel their locker room even more. They are pairing a diva WR with a fragile young QB who can't handle criticism. They are allocating $$ towards a player who is always injured. They are going to devise gameplans around a guy who may or may not show up every week.

There is nothing not to like about this - it's almost as good as when they brought in Tebow.

This actually is great news. The Jets are going to count on a player who rarely shows up and has the potential to unravel their locker room even more. They are pairing a diva WR with a fragile young QB who can't handle criticism. They are allocating $$ towards a player who is always injured. They are going to devise gameplans around a guy who may or may not show up every week.

There is nothing not to like about this - it's almost as good as when they brought in Tebow.

actually if they brought Tebow back they could have a little Florida NC reunion with Harvin, Nelson and Tim.

What difference does it make? Theyre already 1&6. They need to try new thing . And his contract after this year is not guaranteed, so theres little downside

If they were willing to spend upwards of 10 mill this year I wonder why they didn't sign a Starting caliber CB.

I suppose the calculation is that the Jets pay him the 6 and change for this year. He either works out and earns his salary or is cut. Looks like the guaranteed portion would be almost covered by the end of this year.

From PFT:

In the coming days, specific details undoubtedly will emerge regarding Harvin’s lack of chemistry in the locker room. As one source explained it to PFT on Friday evening, the Seahawks possibly feared that Harvin had sufficient influence over enough of the locker room to launch a mutiny against quarterback Rusell Wilson, who despite not yet getting a franchise-quarterback contract possibly has become the target of some resentment among players who don’t share his complete devotion to the game, and who regard the third-year quarterback as a player-coach.