ESPN Writes Article About Bills Penalties

Heeaaayyy

I watched without sound so I didn't know what every penalty was, but the most egregious one that I saw was the unsportsmanlike conduct on Hughes, but they missed the FG anyway so I wasn't too upset by it. The biggest call against the offense, which may have actually cost us the game (we'll never know) was the offensive PI on Robert Woods. It was a bad call and it really !@#$ed our team, but it was one where I could understand how the Ref could reasonably think it was the right call only seeing it once at game speed. MOST of what I saw called against the defense may have been ticky tack, but wasn't egregious like some of the Detroit calls.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Second game in a row where announcers have openly questioned the calls against the Bills. Really weird.

I've heard them being openly questioned/criticized in quite a few other non-Bills games this season. Then Mike Terry will pop up on the screen and try to explain what just happened. There were times where it was clear he didn't know what they saw.

Losers complain about the refs. Winners win. There is no agenda against the Bills. Superstars get more calls in every sport and the Bills have no stars.

Woods pushed off. Hughes dove at Brady's legs. I agree with you on the first Hughes unsportsmanlike penalty but I wonder if he dropped the N word during that celebration.

People with these blinders on are why this sh*t continues. You must be a whiner, sore loser, and/or a conspiracy theorist to question the amazing NFL officials. Gimme a break

I thought most of the calls were legit. I really don't know what everyone is screaming about this week. I thought there was one obvious hold that was missed but it was on a postitive play if I recall and would have been declined.

And when Duke Williams commits the worst PI penalty in the 30 years I have been watching football I wouldn't be blaming the refs.

you're one example is the one call EVERYONE agreed with. You're right. Duke committed PI on that play.

People with these blinders on are why this sh*t continues. You must be a whiner, sore loser, and/or a conspiracy theorist to question the amazing NFL officials. Gimme a break

Some people don't mind taking it up the butt and think they somehow deserved it. It's pretty pathetic.

I am not a loser. I have won a lot in my life. And, I am sure many others on here have experienced success.

This BS stuff about winners win and losers wine is the same crap that people spew to make themselves feel superior when they aren't really invested in the situation.

I don't believe all the conspiracy stuff. But, I also have seen some of the best coaches in sports argue and make it clear to the refs that they feel like they are not getting a balanced shake. Anyone who has ever coached or been a ref may say this has no impact. BUT, in reality they know it makes it harder to not think about it when the next questionable call comes up. This is AKA arguing to get the next call. I know when I coached there were times I decided to shut up and take it. They were the worst officiated games ever and we took it up the wazoo. Then other times I called out refs and it many cases it helped us get a better shake!

I would also like to point out that it is when these penalties occur more than how many. 25 First downs on penalties throughout 6 games. My god, what team can overcome that to the tune of more than 3-3.

In summary, the Bills better become the squeaky wheel. Yes they should work on discipline! blah blah blah. But, if Im Marrone I want my guys to know I have their back when it calls for it. Whaley too.

I completely disagree with you except the bold part. Seriously why? What could he have possibly been thinking there? He is basically giving the TD up by committing that penalty so why not try to make him earn it and catch the ball. That is one of the stupidest plays I have ever witnessed.

Playing devil's advocate, without the interference, Edelman was going to catch that ball. Odds are probably better than 99%. Egregious PI or not, the defense has a chance to stop them if they make a helluva goal line stand. I take more issue with the ****ty coverage than the penalty.

You know we got screwed when ESPN actually writes an article about the penalties called against the Bills, even if it is just a blog post.

http://espn.go.com/b...ls-10-penalties

Jesus, when Mike freaking Rodak writes an article saying 7 out of 10 penalties fall into the questionable and iffy categories, you know we got screwed. Our offense has to play better and our D needs to step up, by the refs left us at a severe disadvantage.

Jesus, when Mike freaking Rodak writes an article saying 7 out of 10 penalties fall into the questionable and iffy categories, you know we got screwed. Our offense has to play better and our D needs to step up, by the refs left us at a severe disadvantage.

And that's just the penalties called against the Bills...It does not touch on the non-calls the Pats get every game doing the exact same thing other teams get automatically called for...

Edited by KOKBILLS

Playing devil's advocate, without the interference, Edelman was going to catch that ball. Odds are probably better than 99%. Egregious PI or not, the defense has a chance to stop them if they make a helluva goal line stand. I take more issue with the ****ty coverage than the penalty.

Not sure how you think that since the ball literally hit Duke right in the helmet. If he just would have stood there and done nothing the ball still would have hit him and not got to the receiver.

Not sure how you think that since the ball literally hit Duke right in the helmet. If he just would have stood there and done nothing the ball still would have hit him and not got to the receiver.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-10-12/bills-duke-williams-commits-worst-pass-interference-penalty-of-the-season (not for those who want to wretch at the sight of the play).

hi-res-03ffcf5723f3d08c67c8789e5c517b83_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Exactly...

Edelman has a step for sure...so it looked like it would have been an easy 6 at first glance...As it turned out the ball was ever-so-slightly under-thrown which put Williams in the perfect position to make a damn play had he just turned around...The Ball hits Duke in the helmet...Plus you have the length of Duke's arms...Had he turned around he would have been able to box Edelman out easily...Had he just continued to run and not push Edelman the ball still probably hits Duke in the back...

You don't know that. There's a good chance he doesn't make the catch. The odds of him making that catch are less than the odds of us stopping the Pats on first and goal at the one.

Exactly...

Edelman has a step for sure...so it looked like it would have been an easy 6 at first glance...As it turned out the ball was ever-so-slightly under-thrown which put Williams in the perfect position to make a damn play had he just turned around...The Ball hits Duke in the helmet...Plus you have the length of Duke's arms...Had he turned around he would have been able to box Edelman out easily...Had he just continued to run and not push Edelman the ball still probably hits Duke in the back...

Exactly. He thought he was beat and panicked. Look for the damn ball. It hit him in the head - would not have been hard to find.

You don't know that. There's a good chance he doesn't make the catch. The odds of him making that catch are less than the odds of us stopping the Pats on first and goal at the one.

Agreed...

And the odds of him making that catch if Williams is looking back for the ball is close to slim and none...That ball is coming down in the middle of the end-zone...Not the back half where it needed to be...It even looks to me like Edelman was beginning to slow up ever so slightly before Duke pushes him...

Anyway...I think assuming that would have been an easy catch for Edelman is incorrect...Williams is only about a half a step behind Edelman when they hit the goal-line...For it to be an easy catch the ball would have to have been placed perfectly in the back corner of the end-zone...And it wasn't...it was short...

Edited by KOKBILLS