how does new ownership impact original pizza logs?

Dirtbag

one thing lost in all the pegula talk is how new ownership will impact the future of original pizza logs in western new york.

as we all know, original pizza logs are the official finger food of the sabres and bills. since both teams are housed under a single group, the synergy between original pizza logs and the respective organizations should be seamless. now, when people think, "buffalo sports teams" and "official finger foods" they will automatically think, "original pizza logs!"

does anyone know of any planned cross promotions between the bills/sabres and original pizza logs? maybe if you buy season tickets to both teams, they will send you a voucher for a free log. or instead of hand delivering tickets to fans, the pegulas/ted nolan/ted black/russ brandon/thurman thomas/joe battista/mike gilbert/murph/st. doug/ryan fitzpatrick (when the bring him back next year)/etc. will show up on your front porch to deliver a log or or two. could you imagine indulging in an original pizza log with kim pegula while facetiming your wife?

it certainly would further incentivize folks to buy tickets -- git 'r dun, buddy!!!

thank you kim and terry pegula for saving our teams! and thank you original pizza logs, official finger food of both the bills and sabres!!!

(p.s. has anyone considered the possibility of a brand spanking new "original pizza log stadium" in downtown buffalo? wink! wink! hint! hint!)

They are a very high margin product

only if they cut down in the sauce and pepperoni. But I've been hearing lately that the night manager has been getting high in crack and doubling up on sauce and cheese. The owners probably don't notice yet but they will in time.

I think they should come up with a "Pizza Log" mascot. No one would confuse the slender, brown appearance for anything else. During a game with rain or snow, they could protect the mascot's cloth fabric with a raincoat or other protective cover.

day3rtcp047.jpg

Is your log really that small or did you just get out of the pool?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

p

I'm still trying to find them in the Ralph. 0-2 so far hope to change it this week!

My seats are in the upper deck. They did not have them at the concession in the concourse, but the concessions outside the concourse did.

I'm still trying to find them in the Ralph. 0-2 so far hope to change it this week!

original pizza logs are also sold at fine food outlets throughout western new york. i suggest purchasing some beforehand, stuffing them in your pants and sneaking them into the stadium. the mild fall weather paired with the warmth of your body will get them to a nice lukewarm temperature, thereby enhancing the eating experience.

Yeah. Pizza logs have an extra billion laying around for a new stadium.

i never said they would do it alone. perhaps they could pair with bon jovi. everyone tells me he has $300 million. that means original pizza logs only have to come up with $700 million. easily do-able!

I think they should come up with a "Pizza Log" mascot. No one would confuse the slender, brown appearance for anything else. During a game with rain or snow, they could protect the mascot's cloth fabric with a raincoat or other protective cover.

this is a terrific idea. a latex covering would ensure that the log doesn't go limp in damp weather. please forward this idea to russ brandon and ted black today!

My seats are in the upper deck. They did not have them at the concession in the concourse, but the concessions outside the concourse did.

please see my response above (i.e., stuffing your pants with logs and sneaking them in). that way, you have easy access to pure deliciousness!

original pizza logs are also sold at fine food outlets throughout western new york. i suggest purchasing some beforehand, stuffing them in your pants and sneaking them into the stadium. the mild fall weather paired with the warmth of your body will get them to a nice lukewarm temperature, thereby enhancing the eating experience.

I find the crotch area provides more warmth for heating. Plus women like to ask you "is that a pizza log in your pants or are you happy to see me?"

I find the crotch area provides more warmth for heating. Plus women like to ask you "is that a pizza log in your pants or are you happy to see me?"

yes, the crotch area is an ideal environment for a log or, really, any finger food. i would also suggest wearing an adult diaper so the log is cushioned against any "overly handsy" security guard you might encounter at the gate.

Just reading the endless Jauronimo pro franchise ownership thread and it begs the question: Is there anything in the NFL/NHL bylaws that allows for Pizza Logs to be the official finger food of both the Bills and the Sabres?

excellent question. the only rule is that consumers cannot buy original pizza logs from both the sabres and bills on the same day. for example, if you go to the bills game on a sunday and purchase an original pizza log, you WOULD NOT be allowed to purchase another log later in the day at the sabres night game. that's a strict no-no.

you would, however, be able to purchase a log at a sunday bills game and a monday night sabres game since there's no conflict of interest.

it's almost an identical policy to the no-trade policy to the same geographic area that i laid out in the other thread. same idea except with original pizza logs.

hope this helps!

excellent question. the only rule is that consumers cannot buy original pizza logs from both the sabres and bills on the same day. for example, if you go to the bills game on a sunday and purchase an original pizza log, you WOULD NOT be allowed to purchase another log later in the day at the sabres night game. that's a strict no-no.

you would, however, be able to purchase a log at a sunday bills game and a monday night sabres game since there's no conflict of interest.

it's almost an identical policy to the no-trade policy to the same geographic area that i laid out in the other thread. same idea except with original pizza logs.

hope this helps!

Thank you for clearing that up! I was afraid to click on any links addressing this for fear of getting peter panned! Now I'm armed with the info I need to impress at the water cooler!

I created an original pizza log after dinner last night...

DO NOT DISRESPECT THE LOG!

I don't want to seem like a snob, but I've never heard of a pizza log, and does Western NY really need additional junk foods?

hey rockefeller, why don't you go eat your snickers bar with a knife and fork?