The Walking Dead Return

is that to the current episodes or beyond the TV show?

I've read complete books on TV shows I'm watching... knowing all the forks in the road and then complaining when they "ruin" the timeline or "event"

I'd like to keep TWD as unspoiled as possible :lol:

No spoilers in that link, it's mostly about characters that have been killed and the timelines between the show and comics when they die.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

too many pop ups and adds for me to follow that link it's like :blink: :blink: :blink:

Yep, that sight is annoying. you have to keep clicking NEXT>> for the next piece of information and there's is a good chance of clicking on another link. I'll cut and past the info in a "spoiler" tag, even though there aren't any, maybe some don't care to know.

1. Mellow Morgan - From his very first scene, Morgan is very intense in the show. He continues to be until the point of lunacy.

In the comics, he's depicted as more levelheaded. When Rick meets him again, he's obviously having a hard time with the death of his son.

But he hasn't moved on to the booby-trapped paranoia depicted in the show.

2. Down on Hershel's farm - Hershel's farm is a mere pit stop in the comics, but the second season of the show takes place almost exclusively on the farm.

It killed the excitement and momentum from the first season and drew a lot of criticism.

3. Shane the villain - Shane lasts much longer in the show, making it to the end of season two. In that time, he turns into a borderline psychotic villain.

Shane doesn't quite make it as far in the comics. He's dispatched before the group leaves the camp outside of Atlanta.

The circumstances around his death are similar in both instances, though.

4. Right hand man - One very obvious difference to people up to date on the comics is Rick's hand--or lack thereof. In the show, Rick still has both hands, but he lost it to the Governor in the comics.

Creator Robert Kirkman has admitted he didn't think about the difficulties a one-handed Rick would face in everyday life.

5. Carol's journey - In the show, Carol makes an amazing transition from doormat to stone cold killer. When it comes down to it, she has no qualms about making the tough decision or resorting to violence.

However, in the comics, Carol doesn't progress much. She also starts a relationship with Tyreese early on, only for it to become strained when Michonne shows up.

Tyreese isn't the only one she tries to get with either. Carol suggests a threesome with Lori and Rick, but her idea doesn't go over too well.

6. What, no Daryl? - One of the biggest, and well-known, differences between the show and the comics is the addition of Daryl.

He's nowhere to be seen the comics but has become one the most popular, if not the most popular, characters on the show.

7. Tyreese's story - Tyreese shows up before the group reaches the prison in the comics and is travelling with his daughter and her boyfriend.

Tyreese shows up before the group reaches the prison in the comics and is travelling with his daughter and her boyfriend.

His daughter Julie's tragic death (a botched suicide pact with her boyfriend Chris) is wiped from the show, too.

8. Lori's Death - Many fans didn't care much for Lori on the show, but she lasted longer in the comics. She dies during the Governor's raid on the prison, but her death comes earlier in the show.

The biggest difference between the two is the fate of Judith. In the show, she lives and is cared for collectively by the group.

In the comics, Lori falls on the baby and smothers her to death. AMC probably thought that would be too much of a bummer even for a show about the zombie apocalypse.

9. A different Andrea - Andrea was another character that people weren't crazy about due to her hot-and-cold emotions and her defection to Woodbury.

But that plot line, including her relationship with the governor and her death, were fabricated for the show.

In the comics, Andrea becomes a sharpshooter and leader of the group.

10. Hershel's Barn - Hershel housing a barn full of walkers was a major twist in the show. He never comes clean to the group about it.

In the comics, Hershel is pretty up front about what he's keeping out there. It backfires spectacularly, though.

The walkers get out and kill most of his family.

11. So long Sophia - Speaking of the barn, the disappearance and subsequent search for Carol's daughter Sophia was a major story arc during Season 2 of the show.

To the horror of viewers, it was revealed that Sophia had turned and was in Hershel's barn of nightmares.

In the comics, she survives and is allowed to develop an innocent relationship with Carl.

12. Dale's demise - Dale's path is much different in the show compared to the comics. Dale and Andrea had a complex relationship, but, in the comics, they actually end up together.

There's some speculation by group members on the show but nothing is ever confirmed. The main difference, though, is Dale's death.

Viewers were shocked by his sudden death during the Governor's assault on the prison. He survives longer in the comics and is subject to a more drawn out end.

He gets bit and performs an amputation only to be bitten again before falling into the hands of sadistic cannibals.

Edited by ricojes

Good episode.

was the back page of the comic a foreshadowing of the rest of the season?

Are you referring to Wolves? I saw that. but then I thought that the Wolves were way down in the Richmond area. Since I read a spoiler I'll not comment further.

there was a lot going on behind the scenes. A bunch of pretenders trying to be tough.

What was the girl doing climbing the fence for?

I thought it odd that they "had to drive to the safe" zone when Rick and Carl just walked there in a short time.

Who took Ricks blender gun? The girl or a Zoner? or Some other?

Where was the carper crawler when Rick first hid the gun? taking a nap and his fellow groaners woke him up?

Other than the initial entry scene, where was the Rev? I don't recall seeing him much after.

Carol the new Mrs Carol Brady?

Hairdresser was hot. her husband a deusche

RIP...Rick's beard.

DING DING DING

We have a winner.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Good episode.

was the back page of the comic a foreshadowing of the rest of the season?

Not a comic book guy, but I do know this from the comic:

The longest amount of time spent in any one place was Alexandria

I thought it was a pretty good episode. All the Daryl scenes were classic! Shooting the opossum, declaring he brought dinner, gutting it on the clean porch, not showering, and telling Carol she looked ridiculous, were all great. The gun scene was pretty funny as well, all the guns stacked and Carol barely able to lift it off her shoulder.

Who took the gun Rick hid? I guess that's why there was a J on it, so it will be easy to identify in a future episode. The girl climbing the fence and running somewhere in the woods. My initial thought is she is a spy for the Wolves. The 3 exiled people, did they become/start the wolves? I really can see Rick and crew taking over the place, who's going to stop them? Still so many questions. But we're getting there.

I knew the beard was going to go eventually, but I had no idea it would be that fast. RIP Rick's beard. I shaved for the first time in a week this morning and I felt a lot like Rick.

What was the girl doing climbing the fence for?

I get the feeling she's running recon for someone. I wouldn't be surprised though if it was just because she came in from the outside world too and still isn't in the right frame of mind. That way, she sticks around and winds up helping with character development for Carl down the road.

Carol the new Mrs Carol Brady?

She's so incredibly badass right now. One day into Alexandria and she's already undercover. I'm not sure who is the ultimate survivor at this point, her or Daryl.

Hairdresser was hot. her husband a deusche

One very quick scene and that guy already reminds me of Carol's husband.

Not a comic book guy, but I do know this from the comic:

The longest amount of time spent in any one place was Alexandria

I thought it was a pretty good episode. All the Daryl scenes were classic! Shooting the opossum, declaring he brought dinner, gutting it on the clean porch, not showering, and telling Carol she looked ridiculous, were all great. The gun scene was pretty funny as well, all the guns stacked and Carol barely able to lift it off her shoulder.

Who took the gun Rick hid? I guess that's why there was a J on it, so it will be easy to identify in a future episode. The girl climbing the fence and running somewhere in the woods. My initial thought is she is a spy for the Wolves. The 3 exiled people, did they become/start the wolves? I really can see Rick and crew taking over the place, who's going to stop them? Still so many questions. But we're getting there.

carrying the opossum while pacing in front of the camera. LOL

I knew the beard was going to go eventually, but I had no idea it would be that fast. RIP Rick's beard. I shaved for the first time in a week this morning and I felt a lot like Rick.

I get the feeling she's running recon for someone. I wouldn't be surprised though if it was just because she came in from the outside world too and still isn't in the right frame of mind. That way, she sticks around and winds up helping with character development for Carl down the road.

One very quick scene and that guy already reminds me of Carol's husband.

the Recon seems a good angle.... but for who?

Like I said he's a douche. As to being an abusive husband? good point, Not sure Deanna would allow it. She may be shady, but IMO she is looking for a secure stable environment

the Recon seems a good angle.... but for who?

Like I said he's a douche. As to being an abusive husband? good point, Not sure Deanna would allow it. She may be shady, but IMO she is looking for a secure stable environment

I'm not really sold on the recon idea. More likely, I bet she winds up being kidnapped and used as leverage at some point.

As for the husband, yeah, I don't think he'll wind up as being abusive, but instead the jealous type. He just reminded me of Mr. Carol for whatever reason. If by some chance he does wind up as abusive, they absolutely need to let Carol be the one to take care of that problem.

And a quick question about the beginning. As they were entering the town, Carl saw someone in a window and then quickly the person was gone. I didn't catch a good view, was it an actual person or just a hallucination? For a second I thought he was seeing Lori.

Rick shaves showers and gets a hair cut. OK I get it he's trying to return to a civilized life but must showing the process of him shaving showering and getting a haircut go on and on and on? In and out done.

The beard removal deserved an entire one hour episode. It was a much bigger loss to the group than Tyreese was.

Rick shaves showers and gets a hair cut. OK I get it he's trying to return to a civilized life but must showing the process of him shaving showering and getting a haircut go on and on and on? In and out done.

Women watch the show too Jim. Let me apologize for the writers for hurting your sensibilities

I'm not really sold on the recon idea. More likely, I bet she winds up being kidnapped and used as leverage at some point.

And a quick question about the beginning. As they were entering the town, Carl saw someone in a window and then quickly the person was gone. I didn't catch a good view, was it an actual person or just a hallucination? For a second I thought he was seeing Lori.

The beard removal deserved an entire one hour episode. It was a much bigger loss to the group than Tyreese was.

I had to do a quick rewind for the disappearing girl myself. POOF I'll watch it again later to see if it's the same girl

Another thought I has WRT the girl... maybe she's got a walker relation out there contained. But the spy theory does hole merit.

Trivia Factoid - Norman (Daryl) has "Rick's" beard in his refrigerator in Atlanta ...

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I had to do a quick rewind for the disappearing girl myself. POOF I'll watch it again later to see if it's the same girl

Another thought I has WRT the girl... maybe she's got a walker relation out there contained. But the spy theory does hole merit.

My guess is it's the silent girl, Enid. Probably the one that has his gun as well. One other thing that has me thinking, shouldn't the support for the walls be on the inside of the compound?