I believe Whaley will trade for a guard

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Boone anyone? Not that I think it will happen, but not entirely out of the question either. Much of this could be resolved long term if Marrone would just allow Kujo to develop as a RG, much could be relieved. But alas....

Yeah, really. Kujo should be starting guard since he looked so good at tackle in preseason. What makes you think you know more than the coaches that see him everyday. Edited by klos63

Yeah, really. Kujo should be starting guard since he looked so good at tackle in preseason. What makes you think you know more than the coaches that see him everyday.

Ā 

First, I believe I said, "allow Kujo to develop as a RG", indicating not that he should start but that when Marrone asked about Kujo to Guard he shot down the idea saying it is easier for a Guard to bounce to Tackle vs. a Tackle coming inside to Guard, which all I've ever heard from anyone else is the opposite...second, I don't think I've said I "know more than the coaches" but refusing to allow Kujo to work on the line as a RG in practice and working with the Coaches doesn't seem to bode well for a 2nd round prospect when assuming all other aspects remain constant, they now have their book end Tackles in Glenn and Henderson, with Richardson taking LG - his natural position - and of course Wood at Center, that remains just RG...the opening permitted by Pears' abysmal play...so developing Kujo is a fair idea IMHO, not starting him now as that doesn't make sense. Furthermore, if the BILLS refuse to move Kujo inside and keep Henderson at RT, which why would they move him given how well he's done all things considered (he's a Rookie), that leaves a wasted 2nd round pick...and again, I did say long-term...

Ideal trade situations

1) NFC team

2) NFC team we will not be playing this year or next

3) NFC team that has an OG they'd be willing to trade

Ā 

Chicago does not need Spiller, Carolina doesn't have enough OL to even fill out their own roster, NO would not have the $$, etc etc.

First, I believe I said, "allow Kujo to develop as a RG", indicating not that he should start but that when Marrone asked about Kujo to Guard he shot down the idea saying it is easier for a Guard to bounce to Tackle vs. a Tackle coming inside to Guard, which all I've ever heard from anyone else is the opposite...second, I don't think I've said I "know more than the coaches" but refusing to allow Kujo to work on the line as a RG in practice and working with the Coaches doesn't seem to bode well for a 2nd round prospect when assuming all other aspects remain constant, they now have their book end Tackles in Glenn and Henderson, with Richardson taking LG - his natural position - and of course Wood at Center, that remains just RG...the opening permitted by Pears' abysmal play...so developing Kujo is a fair idea IMHO, not starting him now as that doesn't make sense. Furthermore, if the BILLS refuse to move Kujo inside and keep Henderson at RT, which why would they move him given how well he's done all things considered (he's a Rookie), that leaves a wasted 2nd round pick...and again, I did say long-term...

Fair enough. But a couple points to make. Henderson is far from a book end. He may get there someday, but not there yet. If Kujo stinks at tackle, which we all saw the preseason, he was horrible, why think he would do well at guard? If they want to address the RG position long term, I suggest they get a guard, not a failed tackle. It is too early to give up on Kujo, but he really looked like crap. Edited by klos63

Fair enough. But a couple points to make. Henderson is far from a book end. He may get there someday, but not there yet. If Kujo stinks at tackle, which we all say the preseason, he was horrible, why think he would do well at guard? If they want to address the RG position long term, I suggest they get a guard, not a failed tackle. It is too early to give up on Kujo, but he really looked like crap.

Ā 

Considering how well Henderson has done in his Rookie campaign against some good Defenses, I'd say he's done about as well as anyone could expect to this point. Does he need to get better? Well, yes...as do many others and not just him. But if his development continues, and there's no reason to suggest it won't, he's the RT of the future given his starting status, as you seem to say, the coaches know better....as for Kujo, again you said, "It is too early to give up on Kujo", and that's my point...if you have Henderson at RT, and all other spots utilized by players with RG such a gaping whole, it makes more sense *TO ME* to allow him to develop with proper coaching into a RG...keep in mind, he came to football late, and some of the issues he's had are related to that - according to coaches and other observers that were present in camp.

We have three good runners in Freddy CJ and Bryce Brown. I believe Whaley will make a move for the best available Guard a team is willing to trade. I also believe we could be just as good with Freddy and Bryce Brown running for us, and that CJ has a lot to offer the right team (San Diego?)

We are yet to see anything at all from Bryce Brown, so we have no clue how good or bad he is or could be.

Ā 

Also, Branden Oliver has 148 yards and a TD on 31 carries...whereas CJ Spiller has 215 yards and 0 TD's on 62 carries.