Is Kyle Orton Lucky or what ?

HOUSE

Kyle Orton holds out in Dallas, is waived and pockets 3 million. The Bills beg him to come to Buffalo, he refuses then Doug Whaley raises the offer. He now receives 5 million per season plus he then pockets the 3 mil from Dallas, Total 8 million for the year!!

The Bills waive 3 backup quarterbacks then bench the starter after week #4, just as predicted by many....

Buffalo offense is loaded with some of the best Wide Receivers in the NFL and all he really needs to do is look better then EJ Manuel who was dreadful.....Is this really impossible ? ? :rolleyes:

The Bills have a dynamic running attack so Orton can still WIN in bad weather as the DEFENSE holds most teams to minimum points.

It just so happens he signs with a team where the fans have completely forgotten what a real quarterback looks like...so if he passes for over 300 yards....... he receives the key to the city and fan worship......maybe his own TV show. "Sir Kyle Orton and his Merry Men" :worthy:

Must be nice ..........

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was his goal all along to play as a starter. He knew he'd never start for Dallas with Romo, so he walked into a sweet deal, and good for him if he plays well.

We'll see. He's played with some bad teams, except one year with a good defense with the Bears. Even then, he didn't have much for receivers, and running backs. Again, that was many years ago.

If he could be anything close to Alex Smith, we'll turn this team around. If not, we'll suck again as always.

Perhaps. He made a calculated move to get out of Dallas and keep his cash, the Bills needs worked out well for him . Timing wise it couldn't have been better. As for on the field, the Bills do have some talented wideouts and a big ( though slow) tight end. The running game is not really dynamic, though. In fact it seems overrated by Bills fans. They hardly ever get big runs on first down and struggle in short yardage. Those are not hallmarks of a dominant O line. The best running teams are effective in those situations, when the D knows what is coming and can't stop it. So I wouldn't be too giddy about the Bills running game. That may change if Orton is able to hit intermediate routes effectively, our run struggles may have had a lot to do with EJ. That will bear itself out over the next several games. Yes Orton is a lucky guy. As the saying goes.. luck is where opportunity meets preparation. Hopefully he is prepared enough to steer this season back on the course it was headed after the first two weeks.

Perhaps. He made a calculated move to get out of Dallas and keep his cash, the Bills needs worked out well for him . Timing wise it couldn't have been better. As for on the field, the Bills do have some talented wideouts and a big ( though slow) tight end. The running game is not really dynamic, though. In fact it seems overrated by Bills fans. They hardly ever get big runs on first down and struggle in short yardage. Those are not hallmarks of a dominant O line. The best running teams are effective in those situations, when the D knows what is coming and can't stop it. So I wouldn't be too giddy about the Bills running game. That may change if Orton is able to hit intermediate routes effectively, our run struggles may have had a lot to do with EJ. That will bear itself out over the next several games. Yes Orton is a lucky guy. As the saying goes.. luck is where opportunity meets preparation. Hopefully he is prepared enough to steer this season back on the course it was headed after the first two weeks.

With a much better passing the running game SHOULD greatly improve......

Edited by HOUSE

I hope he left the bottle of Jack at home!

I bet Orton knows he has his chance of a lifetime right now. Also he knows that their will not be another chance. For a guy that has been kicked around this is the chance for the the kickers is kiss his ass.

I bet Orton knows he has his chance of a lifetime right now. Also he knows that their will not be another chance. For a guy that has been kicked around this is the chance for the the kickers is kiss his ass.

I hope you're right. I just wonder about why he didn't just go to the Cowboy's camp and collect his money. If he wanted a chance, saying you're going to retire seems like an odd way of showing it. Is he sly enough to wait for the best scenario? Maybe. Does he really love the game, or does he already have enough to be happy? And we just gave him more. I hope he loves it and makes the most of this enormous opportunity! And, of course, wins Super Bowl MVP.

I hope you're right. I just wonder about why he didn't just go to the Cowboy's camp and collect his money. If he wanted a chance, saying you're going to retire seems like an odd way of showing it. Is he sly enough to wait for the best scenario? Maybe. Does he really love the game, or does he already have enough to be happy? And we just gave him more. I hope he loves it and makes the most of this enormous opportunity! And, of course, wins Super Bowl MVP.

A competitor cant be happy on the bench and in Dallas he wasnt playing if Romo was healthy. After seeing EJ in preseason it was a safe bet that he would get a chance.