Spikes, man...

YoloinOhio

His play has been inconsistent, and downright stupid at times. He's tough against the run, but can't cover a midget football tight end . . . we now see why BB wasn't a fan of him. Nonetheless, he's our slow and stupid.

And this game does not set up well for him, the Lions will be throwing the ball, certainly not his specialty.

But, I hope for all of us, he comes up big today.

GO BILLS!

the bills know what he is and what he isn't. It is up to them to get out of him the positives he brings and not allow the negatives to be a liability. Aside from the 2 personal fouls I think the coaches have done that.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. I still don't know if I believe it. He called it the armpit of America or something like that once (I get his and Omer Kelly's comments mixed up).

I am willing to believe it. When you are in our community, you realize the reputation is not neccesarily reality. I am not shocked that someone's attitude towards Buffalo would change once they are there.

He's a one down backer...Couldnt beat out Brown to stay on the field during passes...let him go free! Keep Pepper or are they a couple?

foolish talk

yes he did. Had a knee issue though.

It's everyone.

I agree .

But may i suggest his attitude and leadership have had an effect ?

I do think he loves it here. Having fun and kicking nards.

Excellent pick up

But may i suggest his attitude and leadership have had an effect ?

I do think he loves it here. Having fun and kicking nards.

Excellent pick up

Yes, you may. The attitude is contagious, I think. How many new guys get chosen as Captains? We have two, don't we?

Edited by Augie

I'm not sure where the idea of the Patriots not paying their players comes from. We aren't talking about baseball here. Every team has a similar dollar value to work with. Only a few teams in the entire league are notable for not paying close to the max. Their cap number this year is 128 million. Denver, for example, is at 129 million.

The Patriots opened up the checkbook to lock up Gronk and Hernandez long term. They offered Welker what they felt he was worth. Welker got insulted and walked. Turns out that the deal the Broncos offered Welker was even LESS, but by then the Patriots had already signed Amendola. Obviously no one could have predicted that Hernandez would turn out to be a double murderer. Everyone knew he was a thug, but no one expected that. As for defense, the Patriots already locked in Wilfork and Mayo. They will probably sign McCourty long term. They are obviously paying huge money to Revis as well.

****, even their kicker is the third highest cap hit for a kicker in the NFL this year.

Spikes would have had a place on the Patriots defense even as a firey, two down LB. Ted Johnson was excellent in that role for the Patriots during the dynasty years. However Spikes never seemed to quite buy in, and it was clearly a culture clash with the coaching staff. A combination of that and a desire to be paid like a three down MLB doomed him in New England.

Everyone assumes there was something wrong with him because Bellichik let him leave. But if the Pats* still had Welker, Mankins, Talib and Spikes, all who they got rid of or let walk, they would be a much better team. Jmo.

Bellichik has let a lot of quality players walk and they have gone on to be productive with their new teams. The idea that the Pats* always dump players at the right time hasn't been true and its been even more glaring the past 6 years. Granted they have cut bait on some players at the right time (Randy Moss comes to mind) but they have let some guys go that have been productive elsewhere (Asante Samuel, Richard Seymour, Welker, adam vinatier, Damian Woody, ect).

Even Schwartz knows he is a liability in coverage. Bills have a better chance of winning if he is not on the field much. I would rather the Patriots be forced to throw it. They should not be able to beat us deep. The Bills three top DBs are all better then every one of their WR's. Brady is a sitting duck back there. Play man to man. Normally I would say blitz Brady up the middle, but this week I would drop 7 and rush four.

In fact Spikes' best use may be to blitz up the middle.

I have been saying for YEARS that the Bills need to sign some FAs whom may not be superstar players, but are superstart leaders who know how to win in this league. Even back when we sign Takeo Spikes - a total stud LB - he had never been the playoffs.

Both B. Spikes and Graham are solid veterans who have played for championship ball clubs. The Bills have needed that kind of leadership and winning mentality for way too long.

It seems to me we finally have it. please GAWD dont let it go!!!!

PS: His weakness is pass coverage, but I have noticed he is one hell of a blitzer. If he gets stuck out there on a pass play, just blitz him!!

Edited by peterpan

Can he stop Gronk?

matchup nightmare for us this year without Kiko. I don't think he will be Spikes' responsibility but could see Bradham. Maybe AW but Gronk's size is an issue. Anyone but Preston Brown!

Ive noticed Gronk tends to avoid contact more now with that arm, and has regressed as a blocker for that reason. He also looks slower in YAC. I don't know if we can completely take him out of passing game. He will have at least 1TD.

Edited by YoloinOhio