Kyle Orton in action vs. the Eagles (video)

QCity

I've come to realize there are a lot of people speculating about Orton that obviosuly haven't ever seen him play. Here's a 6 minute video of all his throws in his last game. It was last year's final week 17 game against Philly with the season on the line (the winner advanced to the playoffs). This was his only start of the year.

As you can see he has excellent footwork, is very decisive, and has a quick release. He has lapses in accuracy which has lead to some Fitzpatrick-like INTs, one of which you will see to end the game. Since he was "thrown" into this game after spending the season as a backup, there is a lot of conservative underneath passing -- a gameplan we will probably see this Sunday.

Orton 30/46 358yds 2TD 2INT

Kyle Orton vs Philadelphia Eagles

Boxscore

Edit: fixed link, added boxscore

Edited by QCity

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've come to realize there are a lot of people speculating about Orton that obviosuly haven't ever seen him play. Here's a 10 minute video of all his throws in his last game. It was last year's final week 17 game against Philly with the season on the line (the winner advanced to the playoffs). This was his only start of the year.

As you can see he has excellent footwork, is very decisive, and has a quick release. He has lapses in accuracy which has lead to some Fitzpatrick-like INTs, one of which you will see to end the game. Since he was "thrown" into this game after spending the season as a backup, there is a lot of conservative underneath passing -- a gameplan we will probably see this Sunday.

Orton 30/46 358yds 2TD 2INT

Kyle Orton vs Philadelphia Eagles

I watched this game the other night on Game Rewind and Orton was good for the most part. He relied on TE Jason Witten heavily.

Love it. That long seam to Roy Williams in the second quarter is exactly the type of throw EJ refuses to make. Receiver is open by NFL standards. Orton led him with the ball, put it in a place where only he could get it. Great vision, great timing. Hope he's ready to do that on Sunday.

Good find on this video.

Love it. That long seam to Roy Williams in the second quarter is exactly the type of throw EJ refuses to make. Receiver is open by NFL standards. Orton led him with the ball, put it in a place where only he could get it. Great vision, great timing. Hope he's ready to do that on Sunday.

Good find on this video.

Roy Willams? He hasn't been on the Cowboys for several years.

Oh and that decisive run that he makes for a first with a little over a minute left to go in the half looks hella better than any run I've seen EJ make this year. Not mobile? Looks mobile enough to make the right decisions when they're there to be made.

Roy Willams? He hasn't been on the Cowboys for several years.

Terrance Willams. my bad. Slip of tongue... err type.

Oh and that decisive run that he makes for a first with a little over a minute left to go in the half looks hella better than any run I've seen EJ make this year. Not mobile? Looks mobile enough to make the right decisions when they're there to be made.

Terrance Willams. my bad. Slip of tongue... err type.

:lol: It happens.

I watched this game the other night on Game Rewind and Orton was good for the most part. He relied on TE Jason Witten heavily.

I thought he threw the ball to Dez Bryant a lot, as well. If you look at Dallas, Witten/Bryant are really their only star receivers so at least he got the ball to the playmakers, which has been severely lacking with Buffalo.

I thought he threw the ball to Dez Bryant a lot, as well. If you look at Dallas, Witten/Bryant are really their only star receivers so at least he got the ball to the playmakers, which has been severely lacking with Buffalo.

Orton was also supported by the strong running of DeMarco Murray. It is critical for the OL to give Fred and CJ some room to run or it's going to be a long, long day for Orton.

Orton was also supported by the strong running of DeMarco Murray. It is critical for the OL to give Fred and CJ some room to run or it's going to be a long, long day for Orton.

Don't hold your breath. Not getting much push up front the last couple weeks and this DL is hard to move on a good day.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't hold your breath. Not getting much push up front the last couple weeks and this DL is hard to move on a good day.

GO BILLS!!!

The interior OL struggles coupled with having to face the formidable DT duo of Suh and Fairley means I'll certainly not be doing that. :sick:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

You want to know what? I've been getting used to watching EJ play in the past four weeks and realize just how quick Orton gets the ball out versus EJ. We had three areas to improve on this year to make the playoffs...1 - our run defense; 2 - our red zone offense; 3 - develop an effective passing game.

One is complete, I think the other two get better. Cautiously optimistic for this Sunday.

I did not see much to really be excited about. I saw some staring down of targets, some pretty quick dump offs and check downs. He didn't look hurried, though. We'll see if that changes when the Lions DL is in front of him.

I clicked on the link and it said it was removed because of copy right issues?

It worked for me.

I did not see much to really be excited about. I saw some staring down of targets, some pretty quick dump offs and check downs. He didn't look hurried, though. We'll see if that changes when the Lions DL is in front of him.

It worked for me.

Yes it's working again now..