We will finally see Robert Woods....

DougTheBug

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watkins is on pace for 28 more catches, 200 more yards and 5 more TDS. He is trending like this with more options than what played around Woods. Again, I love Woods but there really isn't anything that he does better than Sammy (except maybe mentality). I LOVE Woods' mentality.

Probably punches people in the face better!

I'm in the same group, actually. I believe Woods is our best receiver.

As am I. As of right now Woods is better at catching the football. Sammy while I have been told he catches everything, seems to not catch too many. In the Fish game EJ hit him in the hands on the long ball he just couldn't bring in for some reason. A couple of drive killing drops last week.

If Sammy starts playing better than Woods I'll change my mind. So far though, I see no need to change.

As am I. As of right now Woods is better at catching the football. Sammy while I have been told he catches everything, seems to not catch too many. In the Fish game EJ hit him in the hands on the long ball he just couldn't bring in for some reason. A couple of drive killing drops last week.

If Sammy starts playing better than Woods I'll change my mind. So far though, I see no need to change.

Isn't Watkins playing better? He has 6 more catches, about 80 more yards, 2 more TDS on only 3 more targets.

I like Robert Woods but I think the intention on drafting him was that he was a top #2 receiver. He is a possession, move the chains guy, and I love his ability to play defensive back (I think it is fair to say if he couldn't EJ would have at least 4 more INTs against his name in his Bills career). I have to say I was sceptical on Sammy Watkins. I thought giving up a 1st was too heavy a price when there were long term doubts at least to some degree about the QB position (I still think that). I thought "just take one of the bigger guys, and Evans or a Benjamin" - both of whom have shown some good flashes so far and will be good receivers in this league. However, Sammy Watkins is special. He might well have been the best player in the draft. He was the top of their board and so far he looks the real deal. He is better than I thought and whilst I still worry a bit about giving up the first rounder (because you need a guy to throw him the ball) he is already the most dynamic weapon on this team.

I like Robert Woods but I think the intention on drafting him was that he was a top #2 receiver. He is a possession, move the chains guy, and I love his ability to play defensive back (I think it is fair to say if he couldn't EJ would have at least 4 more INTs against his name in his Bills career). I have to say I was sceptical on Sammy Watkins. I thought giving up a 1st was too heavy a price when there were long term doubts at least to some degree about the QB position (I still think that). I thought "just take one of the bigger guys, and Evans or a Benjamin" - both of whom have shown some good flashes so far and will be good receivers in this league. However, Sammy Watkins is special. He might well have been the best player in the draft. He was the top of their board and so far he looks the real deal. He is better than I thought and whilst I still worry a bit about giving up the first rounder (because you need a guy to throw him the ball) he is already the most dynamic weapon on this team.

He is definitely a #2 but I believe it was said (after the Stevie trade) that he was drafted to replaced Stevie. They have a similar skill set.

He is definitely a #2 but I believe it was said (after the Stevie trade) that he was drafted to replaced Stevie. They have a similar skill set.

I think he's faster and more explosive than Stevie.

I'd love to see what he can do with a slant or crossing route pass that hits him in stride.

I think he's faster and more explosive than Stevie.

I'd love to see what he can do with a slant or crossing route pass that hits him in stride.

I should have said he is better than Stevie, but they are same type of WR. He was drafted to replaced him but considered an upgrade.

Isn't Watkins playing better? He has 6 more catches, about 80 more yards, 2 more TDS on only 3 more targets.

Who's leading who in the category of "intended recipient of wildly inaccurate passes"? Watkins has registered a few in that category, but Woods is most definitely the team leader.

Who's leading who in the category of "intended recipient of wildly inaccurate passes"? Watkins has registered a few in that category, but Woods is most definitely the team leader.

They've all suffered from really bad QB play. Woods may have been missed more but Watkins has been missed on some big plays (MW too). It's hard to quantify who has suffered more from EJ because the answer is all of them (even the running game). They have a tough game this week (albeit against a weak secondary) but we will see some improvements. They should win the next 2 to move to 5-3 IMO.

Has anyone asked themselves, "what if Orton does this year what McCown did last year?" If he played like that the Bills probably win the division by 2 games. Their talent top to bottom is superior to everyone else in the AFC East. They may have the 2nd best QB in the division now as well.

They've all suffered from really bad QB play. Woods may have been missed more but Watkins has been missed on some big plays (MW too). It's hard to quantify who has suffered more from EJ because the answer is all of them (even the running game). They have a tough game this week (albeit against a weak secondary) but we will see some improvements. They should win the next 2 to move to 5-3 IMO.

Has anyone asked themselves, "what if Orton does this year what McCown did last year?" If he played like that the Bills probably win the division by 2 games. Their talent top to bottom is superior to everyone else in the AFC East. They may have the 2nd best QB in the division now as well.

I think a lot of people have asked themselves something similar. The excitement over Orton's potential to make the offense more explosive is real. I don't think anyone is under any delusions about Orton being anything more than competent. But that might be enough to make a big difference for the offense on Sundays.

I think a lot of people have asked themselves something similar. The excitement over Orton's potential to make the offense more explosive is real. I don't think anyone is under any delusions about Orton being anything more than competent. But that might be enough to make a big difference for the offense on Sundays.

Brian Hoyer is not better than Kyle Orton. His WRs are definitely not what we have. Yet, if his defense up in Cleveland could stop anyone, they would be 3-0. He is making the throws when needed and they are running the ball. With this D, Orton can win by playing smart. Edited by YoloinOhio

Brian Hoyer is not better than Kyle Orton. His WRs are definitely not what we have. Yet, if his defense up in Cleveland could stop anyone, they would be 3-0. He is making the throws when needed and they are running the ball. With this D, Orton can win by playing smart.

Absolutely agree.

Think we will see Kyle Orton get in a players grill on Sunday if they dont do their job right?

This! I expect a little more fire from Orton. That was something that EJ didn't do. He was usually even keeled and while that's a good trait to have, I'd like him to show a little more emotion out there.

This! I expect a little more fire from Orton. That was something that EJ didn't do. He was usually even keeled and while that's a good trait to have, I'd like him to show a little more emotion out there.

I don't think that will be necessary (but he will). Guys were running free all over the field last week and EJ either didn't see them or missed them. The receivers aren't an issue. Just get the ball in their hands and we will be fine.

Think we will see Kyle Orton get in a players grill on Sunday if they dont do their job right?

So a first and second round pick from Clemson and USC are going to be inspired/intimidated by a journeyman QB from Purdue??? They will probably laugh at him if he gets in their face...

So a first and second round pick from Clemson and USC are going to be inspired/intimidated by a journeyman QB from Purdue??? They will probably laugh at him if he gets in their face...

are you being serious with this? Wth does it matter what conference they are from? Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't know if alum status really come into play here. I think any veteran who has been in the league since 2005 knows how to get the attention of first and second year players. ie: not his first rodeo.

Do you ever ask yourself - if you consider yourself a Bills fan - why you consider yourself a Bills fan?

If you haven't, it's time.