A Good Sully Article...as rare as seeing a Unicorn.

http://www.buffalone...two-bills-drive

I agree with the fact Marrone looked much more relaxed at his presser than in the past. Folks don't understand he doesn't give two s@#$s about who is the QB, he wants the best players on the field and to win. Seems to me he is willing to buck the Front office to do so. To that I say.....GOOD!

I still think this shines a light on that blow up with him, Brandon and Whaley at the end of preseason

Edited by Kellyto83TD

I clicked on this today and was half through it before I realized it was Sullivan. I normally do not read his stuff at all anymore. He actually kept the snide, whiney crap that he passes off as intelligent comment to a minimum and made a couple of good points.

I thought it was a bull **** article. IMO Whaley is completely on board with this move. He was the one that brought Orton in just for this scenario. He can see what happened as well as marrone. He built this team to win now and thinks they are a playoff team. Sully claims Whaley is not behind this because he has always been behind EJ and then says the same thing about Marrone.

Well of course they are, to the media, you moron. Whaley knows as well as anyone that this team is good quarterback play away from being in the playoff hunt. He was hoping like marrone was that EJ was going to do well enough to win. He did early but was woefully bad lately. Whaley knows as well as Marrone that Orton gives this team a better chance to win now. If anything this chance looks good on Whaley for bringing in a backup capable of pulling it off.

Sully was Sully. Just blaming things with no basis for it. And sometimes I like Sully.

Not bad sully. I'm not sure Marrone's move here makes him able to distance himself from the selection process.

I think it might show an even more admirable trait of admitting you're wrong and not falling in love with your own decisions at everyone else's peril.

That's even more critical to me as drafting is always going to be uncertain until someone finds the elusive measures that equate to greatness.

With mea culpas in vogue, maybe they need to revist their whole qb selection and grooming process- which is so far what, 0-3 on developing young QBs since taking over last year.

The impression that I get is that Marrone wants to make the football decisions as the head coach and wants the players he wants playing and doesn't give a damn about the Front offices opinion. If he lives or dies by his personnel decisions he wants to make those calls and I respect that all front office opinions and pressure can kiss his Italian ass....and mine for that matter....nice work ST. Doug

Sully's a hack and crybaby because he doesn't have access like others in the media. And it sticks in his craw. This idea that he planted about Whaley and Brandon looking bad is baseless. It's nothing more than being wrong on a draft pick so far. And I stress so far because EJ's career isn't over by any stretch. It can be argued more logically that Brandon and Whaley look good here as well because they hired the very same coach that Sully praises for making a bold coaching decision. And if Orton leads this team to the playoffs, Whaley looks even better. I doubt we'll see Sully write that, though.

GO BILLS!!!

Sully's a hack and crybaby because he doesn't have access like others in the media. And it sticks in his craw. This idea that he planted about Whaley and Brandon looking bad is baseless. It's nothing more than being wrong on a draft pick so far. And I stress so far because EJ's career isn't over by any stretch. It can be argued more logically that Brandon and Whaley look good here as well because they hired the very same coach that Sully praises for making a bold coaching decision. And if Orton leads this team to the playoffs, Whaley looks even better. I doubt we'll see Sully write that, though.

GO BILLS!!!

Nope. As far as the whole EJ saga is concerned Whaley and probably Brandon (who presumably signed off on Sammy) look bad.

They look very bad.

And of course it's not just EJ.

It's the whole QB disaster. Their ability to assess talent at this position has been 100% amateurish.

Nope. As far as the whole EJ saga is concerned Whaley and probably Brandon (who presumably signed off on Sammy) look bad.

They look very bad.

And of course it's not just EJ.

It's the whole QB disaster. Their ability to assess talent at this position has been 100% amateurish.

Nope. They only look bad in the eyes of those with an agenda. Anyone with a clue understands the nature of the business. If you're gonna slam them for taking EJ and trading for Sammy, then you have to praise them for hiring a coach who's willing to make the tough decisions and going out and signing the best available veteran QB out there. Sully acts like a child who's toy doesn't work and he needs a grownup to fix it for him.

And, if the amazing should happen, and they make a playoff run, Sully should be made to kiss Whaley's ass in Macy's window.

GO BILLS!!!

I thought it was a bull **** article. IMO Whaley is completely on board with this move. He was the one that brought Orton in just for this scenario. He can see what happened as well as marrone. He built this team to win now and thinks they are a playoff team. Sully claims Whaley is not behind this because he has always been behind EJ and then says the same thing about Marrone.

Well of course they are, to the media, you moron. Whaley knows as well as anyone that this team is good quarterback play away from being in the playoff hunt. He was hoping like marrone was that EJ was going to do well enough to win. He did early but was woefully bad lately. Whaley knows as well as Marrone that Orton gives this team a better chance to win now. If anything this chance looks good on Whaley for bringing in a backup capable of pulling it off.

Sully was Sully. Just blaming things with no basis for it. And sometimes I like Sully.

Yup. It was a typical Sully article -- fully of uninformed slams on the front office while claiming to know the inner workings. Sully is a complete fraud.

Nope. They only look bad in the eyes of those with an agenda. Anyone with a clue understands the nature of the business. If you're gonna slam them for taking EJ and trading for Sammy, then you have to praise them for hiring a coach who's willing to make the tough decisions and going out and signing the best available veteran QB out there. Sully acts like a child who's toy doesn't work and he needs a grownup to fix it for him.

And, if the amazing should happen, and they make a playoff run, Sully should be made to kiss Whaley's ass in Macy's window.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly. Without any proof, why would anyone assume that Whaley was not behind this, too. Or Brandon for that matter. It was very clear to everyone what happened in the last four games, whether you liked or hated or were just patient concerning EJ. The first two he played okay and good enought to win and we won. The last two he played bad and we lost and if he played just the good enough version we would have won at least one of them and we wouldn't be having this conversation. But he didn't so it was clear that since the division is ripe for the taking we need average quarterbacking. Orton was brought in for just that. He's been here a month and is ready. Whaley brought the guy in. I would bet anything Whaley is fully behind this and thinks Orton gives the team the best chance to win. It's just Sully being bitter Sully to strongly imply Whaley is against this.

Exactly. Without any proof, why would anyone assume that Whaley was not behind this, too. Or Brandon for that matter. It was very clear to everyone what happened in the last four games, whether you liked or hated or were just patient concerning EJ. The first two he played okay and good enought to win and we won. The last two he played bad and we lost and if he played just the good enough version we would have won at least one of them and we wouldn't be having this conversation. But he didn't so it was clear that since the division is ripe for the taking we need average quarterbacking. Orton was brought in for just that. He's been here a month and is ready. Whaley brought the guy in. I would bet anything Whaley is fully behind this and thinks Orton gives the team the best chance to win. It's just Sully being bitter Sully to strongly imply Whaley is against this.

Whaley also brought in Kolb to groom EJ originally -- something Sully never gives credit for. The fact the original plan was to sit and develop EJ until the injuries struck is conveniently forgotten by Sully and the similar hacks who bring nothing of value to their coverage of the Bills. Because if you acknowledge that, then it makes it harder to pull things out your butt like, "this makes Whaley look bad!"

Terrible article.