Second Quarter Forecast: AFCE

We all know our next four games look and I think there's some consensus as to how it could play out:

@DET

NE

MIN

@NYJ

I think we'll split his quarter too, and be 4-4 heading into the bye.

Just a gut feeling.

Elsewhere in the AFCE:

NYJ:

@SD

DEN

@NE

BUF

I think they'd be lucky to split, and will probably post another 1-3 record. leaving them at 2-6

MIA:

BYE

GB

@CHI

@JAX

This could be a chance for them to get back on track, but I don't see them winning more than one of those games, leaving them at 3-4

NE:

CIN

@BUF

NYJ

CHI

They could conceivably win 3 of these games, putting them at 4-4, too.

I think it'll be a three-way horse-race into the midpoint of the season, leaving us with very little wiggle room. The move to Orton should bring the much needed stability we'll need going into the bye to come out with a chance to win the division this year!

We all know our next four games look and I think there's some consensus as to how it could play out:

@DET

NE

MIN

@NYJ

I think we'll split his quarter too, and be 4-4 heading into the bye.

Just a gut feeling.

Elsewhere in the AFCE:

NYJ:

@SD

DEN

@NE

BUF

I think they'd be lucky to split, and will probably post another 1-3 record. leaving them at 2-6

MIA:

BYE

GB

@CHI

@JAX

This could be a chance for them to get back on track, but I don't see them winning more than one of those games, leaving them at 3-4

NE:

CIN

@BUF

NYJ

CHI

I think it'll be a three-way horse-race into the midpoint of the season, leaving us with very little wiggle room. The move to Orton should bring the much needed stability we'll need going into the bye to come out with a chance to win the division this year!

If NE wins 3 of those games, they'll be 5-3.

NE:

CIN

@BUF

NYJ

CHI

if NE wins 3 of those 4, they'll be 5-3!

i think the key to this year is going to be our divisional record, specifically against the patriots. that week 6 game is going to be so important.

Provided Orton is competent, we should at minimum split. Hoping to go 3-1.

We really need a buffer for the home stretch. NE may not be the threat this year they usually are, but it's going to be tough to even split that one. We need to outright win at least 1 quarter and split the rest to stand a chance.

If Orton can provide average to slightly better than average QB play, I think we can win 3 of those 4 games.

The game I think we have no chance to win is this week's game in Detroit.

I have now seen the entirety of 3 of New England's games. It is different this year. They are beatable by THIS Bills team.

The Jets are nothing to worry about...and then you have that Minnesota game at home.

Like I say: we can go 3 of 4 if Orton plays to his potential.

Keep in mind, the Pats usually lose a couple games early in the season and then Belichek figures out what his team can do exactly and makes adjustments. They usually get hot in October and pull away. Looking at this schedule, they could get hot but the Bills can stay with them. The head to head at home obviously is huge.

It is entirely possible the Bills win all 4 of this games. The toughest one will be Detroit this week. I am very confident about the NE game and the Jets game. MN is a question mark to me but that game is also certainly winnable. My guess is they win 3/4. If they beat NE, they will control the Division at the halfway point.

Elsewhere - the Jests lose 3 in a row coming into the Bills game. NE loses to Cinci and Buffalo. Miami loses 2 of next 3.

Unfortunately, I think Detroit is the lynchpin in these next 4 games...if the BILLS win against Detroit, the next 3 are very much up for grabs...based on how NE is playing, I could see the BILLS taking that one, Minnesota at home could be another win and then @NYJ is the one where I question how the Offense would fare against Rex's Defense...so, IF and it's a tremendous IF the BILLS could somehow find a way to win against the Lions, there really is a chance to go 3-1 or even 4-0.

I really think we can get 3 wins.

MN has a rookie QB who we will have film on, and hopefuly AP is still benched.

The Jets are awful and we always seam to beat them on the road.

I think Det is the Patsies are winnable games and I think we go 1-1 vrs them teams.

We need a huge home crowd for Oct 12.

If the Bills are 2-2 or better, I really think they will win division based on what I saw in the Patriots on Monday.

Fans love to overreact to every game. You lose by 1 point or 50 points, it's still one loss. I pray that the Pats are on the downfall. But it still was one game.

If anything, this might help them. Everyone is starting to count them out. Even pros rally behind that stuff. But this division might be the worst division in the NFL (this or the AFC South) and it is there for the taking. Given the benching of EJ, anything short of the playoffs is a failure.

I'm thinking 3 wins is very reasonable expectation. We have some dynamic players who will shine with a QB who can get them the ball. Sammy's rookie comments yesterday made me feel good about the passing game from here on out. It seeme like he was rejuvenated with the QB change.

I know the Pats have started slow in the past and then come on strong. But it dosent look that way to me this year. They look bad in every aspect of the game. I bet they go 1-3.

MIA I see going 2-1

NYJ I see going 1-3