Jump the fence gate

This is a story that won't go away. That the WH tried to cover up the extent of the intrusion and the earlier incident of the ex-con with a gun on the elevator with the president is not surprising from a security perspective. I'm not sure that I applaud the leaks coming out about all of this but is it really any shock that our government is incompetent even at its supposedly elite levels?

Bits of the media now taking note that the initial SS agent who got run over was a woman.

I am 100% OK with there being a line that if someone crosses on WH grounds, it's the shoot to kill line. No bull ****, no please forgive me. Just fade to black.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... but is it really any shock that our government is incompetent even at its supposedly elite levels?

I don't mind admitting I'm a bit shocked by the level of incompetence we're hearing from SS. The hooker event in Cartagena was one thing, and the chucklehead reality people who slipped in to a special event years ago was another. But you'd think they'd be better at ensuring everything is safe for the president's movement. How does a strange guy get on the elevator with the president? Forget the fact that he was a gun-carrying ex-con. How is that even possible?

Edited by LABillzFan

2375_84984116216_633511216_2728356_7132856_n_normal.jpg David Burge @iowahawkblog · Sep 30

Secret Service head blames Washington's most feared terrorist group, the Lacka Fundeen

2375_84984116216_633511216_2728356_7132856_n_normal.jpg David Burge @iowahawkblog · 24h 24 hours ago

Washington: where everybody's happy to take "full responsibility" as long as it doesn't mean losing their end-of-year bonus.

2375_84984116216_633511216_2728356_7132856_n_normal.jpg David Burge @iowahawkblog · Sep 29

Jump over the fence at Bill Gates' house and see how far you make it.

Obama's a piece of ****, but he's still the President. It is completely unacceptable that the Secret Service is dropping the ball in their single most important duty: to protect the President, regardless of whom is in office.

I don't mind them being quiet about the extent of the security lapses, as they do not want to encourage more people trying to screw around, however heads need to roll.

How about something as simple as posting a guard at the front door. If Walmart can do it why not the WH?

They do, I believe. The alarm to alert that agent to an intruder on the grounds (where he would tasked with locking the doors) was either turned off or muted at the request of other WH staff.

They do, I believe. The alarm to alert that agent to an intruder on the grounds (where he would tasked with locking the doors) was either turned off or muted at the request of other WH staff.

No, not an alarm to alert the guard of an intruder. And actual guard stationed at the door 24/7. Hell the !@#$ing Queen get's better protection.

Obama's a piece of ****, but he's still the President. It is completely unacceptable that the Secret Service is dropping the ball in their single most important duty: to protect the President, regardless of whom is in office.

I don't mind them being quiet about the extent of the security lapses, as they do not want to encourage more people trying to screw around, however heads need to roll.

I have a purely speculative take, but it's based on some truth:

Premise 1: The Secret Service is around/hears what's happening in the WH 24/7.

Premise 2: Given only what we know...."what's happening"...has not been good, by any objective definition. How many times can one Secret Servce agent go to the golf course, while having been raised, educated, and then trained their entire lives...to protect, and serve, and most of all care about this country, before....?

Premise 3: The Secret Service is comprised of human beings, and, no matter how well you condition a human being, or how many rules/processes/procedures you instill into them, sooner or later, they will always revert to their own judgement, or "the truth" as they know it. I've seen this happen with every company I've helped. There is always a timer running on people willing to continue living the "company line", when they know it's a lie. When it runs out? That's it. One of the toughest things we have to do is to convice people that the lie is over, and to start a new timer for us, to prove it.

Assertion: Given 1-3, the psychology of protecting someone who, in your judgement, isn't worth it, will eventually lead to contempt. Sloppiness. It's simply a matter of respect. If you don't have any for the protectee, no one can be expected to work for that long, day after day, without eventually slipping up, because their timer has run out.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

LOL......what a hoot the Left is.............................So clueless

NYT: Say, Why Don’t Republicans Want President Obama to be Killed?

by Charles .W. Cooke

An extraordinary item from Peter Baker in the New York Times:

WASHINGTON —
must be touched by all the concern Republicans are showing him these days. As Congress examines security breaches at the White House, even opposition lawmakers who have spent the last six years fighting his every initiative have expressed deep worry for his security.

“Even”? Can it really be too difficult to recognize that citizens who strongly disagree with the president of the republic don’t want him to be murdered? Is the moral imagination of the center-left truly so barren as to presume as a matter of course that vehement and caustic political opposition must, eventually, lead to execution? What, one wonders, does Peter Baker consider are the options for the politically active in a free republic: a) you support a president unconditionally or b) you want him dead?

Baker reports that:

“The American people want to know: Is the president safe?” Representative Darrell Issa of California, the Republican committee chairman who has made it his mission to investigate all sorts of Obama administration missteps, solemnly intoned as he opened a hearing into the lapses on Tuesday.

Later, he suggests that “it would not be all that surprising if Mr. Obama were a little wary of all the professed sympathy.”

Frankly, it hadn’t crossed my mind that Issa — or anyone in a similar position — would feel any other way. Of course we want the president to be safe. Those who are surprised by this perhaps need to spend some more time with their ideological opponents, or — and this will be harder, I grant — spend a little more time examining what it is about their ideology that led them to conflate political opposition and violence in the first instance .

LOL......what a hoot the Left is.............................So clueless

not just clueless, but offensive. it shows how morally bereft some people truly are.

on a separate note, until now I was unaware that the secret service had left the treasury dept and become part of homeland security.

not just clueless, but offensive. it shows how morally bereft some people truly are.

on a separate note, until now I was unaware that the secret service had left the treasury dept and become part of homeland security.

Well, after all those years of Bush assassination - fantasies by the Left, you can see why they'd be puzzled.

It’s no mystery. Lefties tend to want their opponents dead or in jail.

Naturally, they assume their opponents feel the same way about them.

That’s not the only ridiculous element of that NYTimes story, Charlie. Tom Maguire makes another good point about it.

And I’ll make another point. The story quotes Democratic think tanker Matt Bennett, who suggests that Republicans are holding hearings about Secret Service incompetence to undermine the administration in advance of the election. Anyone want to guess what the Democratic spin would be if Republicans hadn’t held such hearings after the last week’s news?

By the by............Bipartisan

Top GOP, Dem Reps Call for Secret Service Director’s Resignation

Edited by B-Man

I don't mind admitting I'm a bit shocked by the level of incompetence we're hearing from SS. The hooker event in Cartagena was one thing, and the chucklehead reality people who slipped in to a special event years ago was another. But you'd think they'd be better at ensuring everything is safe for the president's movement. How does a strange guy get on the elevator with the president? Forget the fact that he was a gun-carrying ex-con. How is that even possible?

Agreed. My only reaction to this is what I wrote. We shouldn't be so surprised that incompetence leaks through everything in government.

IT really shouldn't be that complicated. You hop the fence, get one warning, and if you don't stop immediately, you're punched full of holes.

I read in one of these stories that some toddler got through the fence earlier this year. Him, you don't shoot but you surround immediately, with dogs even if necessary. Overreaction seems completely justified at the White House. Am I crazy?

Looking at the path this US Men's National team player took, he didn't just go a few feet into the White House--he got really really far inside. If I'm home, no one gets half that far inside my own friggin' house and I pay $20/month for my security system.

Edited by John Adams

It's like seeing a military presence @ the airport. You do in places like Mexico. Would that float in the US? Same with the White House. Its about keeping up appearances. Why don't they just stop messing around and bring in the Army, put sand bags up and string concertina wire. Of course I am joking.

How about just a few one way glass decorative little well-manicured "cottages" at the WH lawn.

How about just a few one way glass decorative little well-manicured "cottages" at the WH lawn.

I was thinking 'how about a mine field', but then I thought about the amusingly hazardous job of mowing the White House lawn.