body language by wrs

Tampa Bob

I disagree, there is no evidence to support the OP's claim.

I counted five dropped passed, four that would have been first downs, all by the WRs.

Not to say that EJ played good, he clearly did not.

Football is a game of big plays. If he throws another TD, rather than that pick at the end, then everyone is talking him up for hanging in there and stealing one.

I think this season will be filled with ups and down as EJ develops (or not).

I disagree, there is no evidence to support the OP's claim.

I counted five dropped passed, four that would have been first downs, all by the WRs.

Not to say that EJ played good, he clearly did not.

Football is a game of big plays. If he throws another TD, rather than that pick at the end, then everyone is talking him up for hanging in there and stealing one.

I think this season will be filled with ups and down as EJ develops (or not).

My thoughts exactly..yes he played poorly but the WRs arent helping he has thrown some good deep passes that have layed in the WRs hands that they have dropped, The oline got handled quite often in that game too

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After every terrible throw today, you could see the frustration by our wrs. They would look back at ej like what the hell was that. I'm sure that they are getting tired of being set up to get destroyed and seeing passes that most college qbs could hit going 5 yards over their heads. And there was clearly something wrong with watkins today and it wasn't the rookie blues. I suspect that he came into the game expecting ej to lay a stinker and it impacted his day...or maybe he had something personal going on, but I bet it is the crappy, soft qb. I am pretty sure ej has lost this group.

you are exactly correct. And they can't be too happy that EJ caused Goodwin's injury. EJ needs to be pulled NOW.

I agree. Woods especially showed that body language. What can be said ... EJ just didn't have a good day overall. EJ was also late on that throw to Chandler near end of game. Pass was too late and therefore broken up by defender.

The Buffalo Bills make average teams look good.

I noticed that too. Chandler seemed to be standing there too long before that ball got in there.

Re the wide receivers, how frustrating to know that if you get open, the ball will probably never get to you. Also, if it does get to you, you'll have to break your momentum to catch it or do contortions because the pass was thrown to the wrong side of your momentum (frequently when you're only a few yards away from the QB).

I noticed Woods body language the most. Every throw his way today was high, low, or behind him.

Woods has been that way all year. Today was definitely magnified. He has an edge to him and its not a good edge. I'm worried about his attitude, but I am not defending QB play. OL still stinks and makes EJ look even worse than he is..I was among the "he's only had 10 games at QB" crowd at the beginning of the season. Call me converted as I'm skeptical he will evolve into a decent NFL QB. Orton is not the long term answer, but he may get us to the playoffs as long as he doesn't get killed playing behind Pears and company.

It wasn't a playoff game it was a play in game thats my bad

His passer rating is not lower than Fitz

I can say that he is a nfl caliber PASSER and call it a fact because I would call anyone with back to back 3500+ seasons in the NFL as being a NFL caliber passer. The fact that you think he is backup has no bearing whatsoever on his ability to throw the ball which is what is in question .

the fact that people try and argue this stuff is hilarious

And if we cut him today how many teams would call this guy who is not NFL caliber anything ? When people wont even admit obvious facts it hard to even take it seriously

He is injury insurance period. I saw his act here in Chicago. The big complaint ...floats the ball and gets his wrs punished. You can wish all you want, the fact remains that at present we have no starting caliber passer or otherwise on the roster.

Re the wide receivers, how frustrating to know that if you get open, the ball will probably never get to you. Also, if it does get to you, you'll have to break your momentum to catch it or do contortions because the pass was thrown to the wrong side of your momentum (frequently when you're only a few yards away from the QB).

This is 100% correct, and inexcusable at this level. Watch Brees and Romo tonight ... or Smith and Brady tomorrow night. If the ball is not delivered such that the receiver can keep his momentum and gain another 5 or more, or 'sit them down' away from the coverage, it's a bad ball to them.

EJ basically throws in the general vicinity of his checkdown targets. And because #3 refuses to ever fully stride into a throw, as if protecting his forward leg from getting rolled up on, this will not improve. You can read into how these guys react to his floating, drifting throws. It's almost like how much more of this **** do we have to put up with?

And for those demanding better play calls, or better O-line play, it's not as though you are totally off kilter, but when your QB is this incapable of providing a viable downfield passing threat, your game plan is up in smoke.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

You are giving the name bob a bad name by defending ej!

That is kind of my point. Dropped passes are 100% mental. We had 0 through 3 games then 4 or 5 today. I wouldn't be surprised if watkins has had full seasons without the number of drops he had today alone. The clear frustration was with every single wr today. They were 2-1 in a very winnable game, yet they seemed to be frustrated and lacking focus in the first quarter when the game was 0-0.

That's fair. The ball still came out like 40 times though and a lot of them were way off the mark. These guys want to win, but they aren't stupid either....they know that their next contract is dependent on their stats. I could look it up, but I bet woods and williams have less than 5 catches each in the last three games. Both dudes were probably expecting around 1000 yards this season.

I am being fair. Re-read my post and you will see that I said he did not play well. Now you be fair, because the drops started early in the first quarter, they were not because of EJ's poor throws of which there were many. I am merely pointing out that others on this team missed plays too. Many others. Mike Williams dropped two passes last week as well. I am not seeing Woods getting open either.

Let's also consider the putrid play of the OL ... EJ got hit 16 times and was running for his life on almost every play.

He has 14 games under his belt. He lost on the road, in a dome, to a team with the best defensive player in the league running wild and unchecked.

EJ looks as eratic Brett Farve did at this stage and slightly better than Troy Aikman did.

I noticed Woods body language the most. Every throw his way today was high, low, or behind him.

I have been noticing these "body-language" issues with Woods since the pre-season. I think if anyone on this team explodes, it is going to be Woods. Wonder if that is part of the (perceived) tension that Woods and Marrone have had since this summer.

I agree. Woods especially showed that body language. What can be said ... EJ just didn't have a good day overall. EJ was also late on that throw to Chandler near end of game. Pass was too late and therefore broken up by defender.

The Buffalo Bills make average teams look good.

Woods seems like a character guy so I am not getting these accusations about his "body language". If Woods is really acting like that then he better be careful and spend more time with his own preparation. So far,I am not seeing him get any separation this year. I expect more opportunities for Woods with Watkins on the team.

Once upon a time the Bills had a talented WR that that whined and moaned and pointed fingers. His name was Chris Burkett. Kelly got so sick of him he stopped throwing to him and he was eventually released. Burkett was talented guy that got to wallow on the Jets while Kelly and Reed went to Pro Bowls and Super Bowls.

The Bills make average teams look good because they themselves are not an average team. Not yet anyway. They have some talent but most of the time they do not make enough plays to win the game. Today was more proof of that. Bad passes, dropped passes, poor blocking, failure to capaitalize on turnovers, and dumb penalties.

He is injury insurance period. I saw his act here in Chicago. The big complaint ...floats the ball and gets his wrs punished. You can wish all you want, the fact remains that at present we have no starting caliber passer or otherwise on the roster.

and then he goes to Denver and throws for 7200 yards and 40 tds in back to back seasons and Brandon marshall caught a league record 21 catches from him in a game and the next year he sent Brandon Lloyd to pro bowl and they were one of the best big play threats in the league .

So again you can twist em but kinda hard to argue the facts . It was blind luck two seasons in a row ? If orton starts he wont crack 200 yard passing ? the argument you are making has not a leg to stand on.

Dallas paid him all that money because he couldn't throw and then we followed it up again because he couldn't throw and since hes not a runner why would they pay him all that money ? If you simply answr that question truthfully you know your argument falls short

EJ had us in the game with under a minute to go on the road. Almost every game is coming down to the final plays.

Great evasion of the rush & throw on the move to Williams for an 80 yard strike.

I want to see more of this. Let's let EJ loose & let him gun the ball down the field.

Spiller & Jackson are old & don't dominate like they used to. If this were 2011 I say run it, but the NFL is a passing league.

There's no reason to make EJ a game manager. If he's going down let the kid go down swinging. From this point forward I'm talking 50 plus passes per game with maybe 10-15 rushes.

can you say BLOWN COVERAGE? you will never see a more wide open receiver on a bomb. the DB took a nap while williams was running by him, but as it was, he stll had to slow down for the ball. I am not criticizing EJ for the throw, but to claim that as evidence that we need to throw 50 times a game is dubious.

EJ had us in the game with under a minute to go on the road. Almost every game is coming down to the final plays.

Great evasion of the rush & throw on the move to Williams for an 80 yard strike.

I want to see more of this. Let's let EJ loose & let him gun the ball down the field.

Spiller & Jackson are old & don't dominate like they used to. If this were 2011 I say run it, but the NFL is a passing league.

There's no reason to make EJ a game manager. If he's going down let the kid go down swinging. From this point forward I'm talking 50 plus passes per game with maybe 10-15 rushes.

The staff still wants to win games. Turning Ej into a "gunslinger".....lol. Did you watch him throw the ball today? How about last week? Gunslinger.....Ha!! He's down already. He can't go down swinging.