body language by wrs

Tampa Bob

After every terrible throw today, you could see the frustration by our wrs. They would look back at ej like what the hell was that. I'm sure that they are getting tired of being set up to get destroyed and seeing passes that most college qbs could hit going 5 yards over their heads. And there was clearly something wrong with watkins today and it wasn't the rookie blues. I suspect that he came into the game expecting ej to lay a stinker and it impacted his day...or maybe he had something personal going on, but I bet it is the crappy, soft qb. I am pretty sure ej has lost this group.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After every terrible throw today, you could see the frustration by our wrs. They would look back at ej like what the hell was that. I'm sure that they are getting tired of being set up to get destroyed and seeing passes that most college qbs could hit going 5 yards over their heads. And there was clearly something wrong with watkins today and it wasn't the rookie blues. I suspect that he came into the game expecting ej to lay a stinker and it impacted his day...or maybe he had something personal going on, but I bet it is the crappy, soft qb. I am pretty sure ej has lost this group.

I think you're right.

I hope GG makes an appearance in this thread. Because his suspicions now appear warranted. I owe him a "you were right, looks like I was wrong."

That said. They need to get the !@#$ over and play the !@#$in game. Every time Woods makes a big !@#$ing production about the ball not being precisely where it was supposed to be, it's digging into HIS concentration and into his young team mate's psyche. Don't give a **** if he's right or wrong, you don't act like that in team sports. Pick the man up. Don't pout like a !@#$ing child.

Amen. They know how good they are and how open they've been getting. Hopefully we dont have to endure another J.P. Losman amount of time.

If you listen to the EJ/JP/RJ/Trent etc apologists they want him to have 3-4 years to show he has it. I have seen enough since Kelly retired to see this is just the same song, different verse with EJ at the helm. Start Orton!

I hope GG makes an appearance in this thread. Because his suspicions now appear warranted. I owe him a "you were right, looks like I was wrong."

That said. They need to get the !@#$ over and play the !@#$in game. Every time Woods makes a big !@#$ing production about the ball not being precisely where it was supposed to be, it's digging into HIS concentration and into his young team mate's psyche. Don't give a **** if he's right or wrong, you don't act like that in team sports. Pick the man up. Don't pout like a !@#$ing child.

I don't know what's up but he was frustrating me today with that

If you listen to the EJ/JP/RJ/Trent etc apologists they want him to have 3-4 years to show he has it. I have seen enough since Kelly retired to see this is just the same song, different verse with EJ at the helm. Start Orton!

can you show any posts pointing to 4 years? Even one.

I disagree, there is no evidence to support the OP's claim.

I counted five dropped passed, four that would have been first downs, all by the WRs.

Not to say that EJ played good, he clearly did not.

Football is a game of big plays. If he throws another TD, rather than that pick at the end, then everyone is talking him up for hanging in there and stealing one.

I think this season will be filled with ups and down as EJ develops (or not).

I agree with you. It's their job to suck it up. I can understand their frustration too though. They have very short careers and they likely aren't very interested in wasting 10-20-30 percent of it while a ****ty qb gets his time to develop. To me, this is much more telling to me than whatever gibberish the head coach spits out after the game.

If the qb's wrs have quit on him, it screams that this dude will never be good. Those guys know what a qb should look like. Most of them probably played with better qbs in college.

They probably hate how soft he is too. They are getting killed on terrible throws while he has a free pass from the coaching staff to protect his brittle 23 year old knees by not even trying for a first down when he runs.

I agree with you. It's their job to suck it up. I can understand their frustration too though. They have very short careers and they likely aren't very interested in wasting 10-20-30 percent of it while a ****ty qb gets his time to develop. To me, this is much more telling to me than whatever gibberish the head coach spits out after the game.

If the qb's wrs have quit on him, it screams that this dude will never be good. Those guys know what a qb should look like. Most of them probably played with better qbs in college.

They probably hate how soft he is too. They are getting killed on terrible throws while he has a free pass from the coaching staff to protect his brittle 23 year old knees by not even trying for a first down when he runs.

To play devil's advocate, they could be just as frustrated by the blown assignments by the OLine that are giving EJ so little to work with.

I counted five dropped passed, four that would have been first downs, all by the WRs.

Football is a game of big plays. If he throws another TD, rather than that pick at the end, then everyone is talking him up for hanging in there and stealing one.

You are giving the name bob a bad name by defending ej!

That is kind of my point. Dropped passes are 100% mental. We had 0 through 3 games then 4 or 5 today. I wouldn't be surprised if watkins has had full seasons without the number of drops he had today alone. The clear frustration was with every single wr today. They were 2-1 in a very winnable game, yet they seemed to be frustrated and lacking focus in the first quarter when the game was 0-0.

To play devil's advocate, they could be just as frustrated by the blown assignments by the OLine that are giving EJ so little to work with.

That's fair. The ball still came out like 40 times though and a lot of them were way off the mark. These guys want to win, but they aren't stupid either....they know that their next contract is dependent on their stats. I could look it up, but I bet woods and williams have less than 5 catches each in the last three games. Both dudes were probably expecting around 1000 yards this season.

I don't know what's up but he was frustrating me today with that

If you recall last season EJ lead Woods into some BRUTAL hits. He's probably a little more sick of it than Watkins......but as I pointed out on that play where Manuel blew what should have been an easy TD pass in that Dolphins game....Watkins has been frustrated with EJ's random throws and he has been showing it.

What?????? :lol:

No it isn't ... it is a game of consistency if you want a winner. If you are building a team that only win because of "Big" plays you are doing it wrong.

Ej sucks, Orton Sucks, what is the difference? Do you think for a second he could lead this team with sub par coaching deep in the playoffs? Let Ej sink himself and the staff, and then a Pegula rebuild because this staff is frigging clueless. Oh, and take Brandon with them. or make him VP in charge of ticket sales only. Edited by Best Player Available

I can't blame them. EJ is crazy inaccurate and throws them into danger. Look what happened to Goodwin. Balls are high, low, behind them, way out in front. It has to be frustrating for them because they are open. Say what you will about Fitz but watching him today he looked like a pro keeping the ball low and giving his receivers a chance