Who is the 2nd best Quarterback in the AFC-East ?

HOUSE

204 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 2nd best quarterback in the AFC-East ?

• EJ Manuel
    • Ryan Tannehill
    • Geno Smith
    • Michael Vick
    • Kyle Orton
    • Matt Moore
    • Jimmy Garoppolo

EJ wins this poll on exactly zero websites that aren't dedicated to Bills football.

Remember, this is also the website that overwhelmingly commented against the thought of trading Manuel for Eli Manning. So it's not exactly the most impartial environment.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ wins this poll on exactly zero websites that aren't dedicated to Bills football.

For me, it came down to a choice between Kyle Orton and Matt Moore. My initial instinct was to go with Orton. But after looking up the two QBs' stats, I (very narrowly) decided to go with Moore. It was a very tough call, and something which could be argued either way.

On this website, I see that Orton has a commanding lead over Moore. If this exact poll was done on a Dolphins' website, I think things would be the other way around.

I think it was predictable Manuel would win on a Buffalo Bills fan website

It appears Vick and Orton are receiving a fair share of the votes

Okay, which one of you guys voted for Matt Moore ? :w00t:

For his career, Matt Moore has averaged 7.0 yards per attempt. For comparison, Trent Edwards' career average is 6.5 yards per attempt; Tom Brady's is 7.5. 7.0 yards per attempt is a good, solid number. It's slightly better than the numbers Fitz put up while with the Bills.

Granted, yards per attempt sometimes misstates a quarterback's overall level of play. If a QB's yards per attempt is good and his QBR is bad, I'm more inclined to believe QBR. If I cared a lot about evaluating Matt Moore, I'd do some more statistical digging; to determine if there were other factors distorting his yards per attempt.

The Bills used a first round pick on Manuel, the Dolphins a first rounder on Tannehill, and the Jets a second rounder on Geno Smith. All three players are still young, and to varying degrees are being given the benefit of the doubt based on draft position and perceived future potential. Thus far, Manuel is not yet playing at a Kyle Orton level, Tannehill is not yet playing at Matt Moore level, and Geno Smith is not playing at the level Vick had back when he was on the Eagles. This presents all three teams with an interesting quandary at the quarterback position.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Remember, this is also the website that overwhelmingly commented against the thought of trading Manuel for Eli Manning. So it's not exactly the most impartial environment.

Or people know that trade will never happen, and realize it is just another form of attack on the QB that we actually have.

Would I rather have Drew Brees or EJ Manuel? Obviously Drew Brees, but that isn't going to ever happen, and putting down our current QB because of that is obnoxious, and annoying, so sure people are going to return the favor.

Jimmy Garoppolo has never taken a snap in an actual NFL game. So am scratching my head on the 7 votes for him.

I thought the same thing. Maybe he should get a shot this week since he is so good!

@jasonrmcintyre: RT @fbgchase: The New England Patriots are Dead Last in Yards per Play After Three Games http://t.co/wfiSew887Y via @jasonlisk

This poll should only consist of present day starters. That said, the early returns on Geno, EJ and Ryan aren't very good.

I select Geno. Though he as thrown few to the opposition, he at least has the balls to throw it down field.

Not crazy about any, however.

Interesting Stat CBS posted on Geno. 10 career losses. In those losses 5 TDs, 22 turnovers. Ummmmm, no thank you.

Interesting Stat CBS posted on Geno. 10 career losses. In those losses 5 TDs, 22 turnovers. Ummmmm, no thank you.

he is a good passer. But that is different than being a good QB.

He can improve, it's early. But I just don't think his situation in NJ is the best for a developmental QB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

he is a good passer. But that is different than being a good QB.

He can improve, it's early. But I just don't think his situation in NJ is the best for a developmental QB.

Good point, I do not believe NJ is a good situation for any QB, even Favre bolted when the opportunity arose.

Edited by DirtDart