Baker hit on Foles

chris heff

Does anyone else remember the penalty against the Bills for a defender pushing Brady with one hand after he threw a interception? It was a couple of years ago. Brady was moving in the direction of the return.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24724332/chip-kelly-on-baker-hitting-foles-thats-news-to-me-if-thats-a-legal-hit

Isn't that almost exactly what Warren Sapp did to that OL (was it Chad Clifton?) that prompted a rule change?

Yes and no. In the Sapp case, the player getting hit was far away from the play. In this one, Foles was wandering generally in the direction of the INT returner, thus making him part of the play. A hard hit, yes, but this one looks legal to me.

I'm not really one for conspiracy, but when you see plays like Brady trying to spike one of the Bills (can't remember who) it makes you wonder.

It certainly does.

I'm also not a fan of conspiracies, and won't take it too far. I will say that I'm surprised there was no flag on that play by the Slurs--not because I think it was an illegal hit, but because I was under the impression that the zebras would err on the side of over-protecting the QBs.

Then the "hit" on Brady would be legal and yet a penalty was called.

No ****. Ya think?

Brady gets special treatment. That's hardly news. Remember when JP Losman was taken out at the knees by Wilfork and nothing happened, but when Brady was taken out at the knees they changed the rules of the game???

It was a dirty play. Was it legal, I guess. Was it unnecessary, absolutely. I loved the way that Peters responded and I would hope that my guys would do the same thing. If that guy wants to play like that then he shouldn't mind it when some lineman holds him up as a back cuts him.

I agree with this. Dirty.

Ever since Kurt Warner's career was ended on a bush league play like this, I am against these shots on the QB.

That said, the rule should be after a pick, the QB has to take himself out of the play...ie, fall to the ground basically.

Yes and no. In the Sapp case, the player getting hit was far away from the play. In this one, Foles was wandering generally in the direction of the INT returner, thus making him part of the play. A hard hit, yes, but this one looks legal to me.

It was ruled a legal hit. If the QB doesn't want to get hit, don't run towards the play. He hit him in the numbers and not with his helmet. Foles should have pulled a Marino and ran to the sidelines if he doesn't want to get hit.

Although, I didn't see any interview where Foles was complaining about the hit. He was tough and took it. Are you telling me if Fitzpicktrick throws one this week (we hope), and then runs towards the play to tackle the DB who intercepts is fair game. Wouldn't you like to see Spikes lay a legal in the numbers hit to him. I would.