Baker hit on Foles

chris heff

It was a dirty play. Was it legal, I guess. Was it unnecessary, absolutely. I loved the way that Peters responded and I would hope that my guys would do the same thing. If that guy wants to play like that then he shouldn't mind it when some lineman holds him up as a back cuts him.

Absolutely agree; it was a cheap, dirty play, and I also think it was illegal. It was obvious that Foles was in no position to make a play and the guy just completely blind-sided him. Garbage, and cowardly, to boot. The game is dangerous enough, even when played cleanly and by the rules. It was the definition of "unnecessary roughness". And I would say the same thing if Foles was an offensive lineman.

The Rule is: You can't hit a QB named Brady. Anything else goes.

If you want to see a great, clean hit on Brady, check out the play last week where Khalil Mack absolutely annihilates him on a blitz from the blind side. Edited by mannc

I agree with this. Dirty.

Ever since Kurt Warner's career was ended on a bush league play like this, I am against these shots on the QB.

That said, the rule should be after a pick, the QB has to take himself out of the play...ie, fall to the ground basically.

I like that JR. I feel the same way with punters and kickers. I get why a team needs those guys to try to make a play but guys love to bury them. There has to be some way to get that dirty BS out of the game.

Absolutely agree; it was a cheap, dirty play, and I also think it was illegal. It was obvious that Foles was in no position to make a play and the guy just completely blind-sided him. Garbage, and cowardly, to boot. The game is dangerous enough, even when played cleanly and by the rules. It was the definition of "unnecessary roughness". And I would say the same thing if Foles was an offensive lineman.

If you want to see a great, clean hit on Brady, check out the play last week where Khalil Mack absolutely annihilates him on a blitz from the blind side.

Well said on unnecessary roughness.

No ****. Ya think?

Brady gets special treatment. That's hardly news. Remember when JP Losman was taken out at the knees by Wilfork and nothing happened, but when Brady was taken out at the knees they changed the rules of the game???

I agree Brady gets special treatment. Are we just overly sensitive to it or is it universally recognized? Outside of New England of course.

Troy Vincent from the NFL reported the other day the play was carefully reviewed on reply, and it is a legal hit, with absolutely no potential for unnecessary roughness.

Guys, (Let's say it's Cam Newton or Big Ben) if he's running to the play, and tackled the guy with the INT, then the QB could stop a pick 6. Marino back in his day would run off the field as he understood the injury risk, and would avoid those plays. He also knew defenders would blow him up. I can see a guy like Kelly going after the DB.

Like it or not, you throw a pick and now you are playing defense, you can get hit as hard as a lineman or other wants to hit you as long as it's to the side or front, in the numbers so not high or low. That's football.

There is absolutely nothing against the rules. Brady's not stupid enough to play defender as he knows someone would go out and kill him legally. You never see Manning running to the play either. Foles needs to learn he is more valuable for the next offensive series, just like EJ is learning it is better to get one less yard and not get your knee blown out again. That's why that other thread was assonine the other day that he is a wimp. No, he's trying to stay alive to finish the game.

I forgot the part of the game where they check to see if you're a loser before enforcing the rules.

DC Tom nailed this one.

Both you guys are either blind or idiots. Im saying that Superstars get the call. JP LOSMAN was a TERRIBLE QB. Gotta earn your stripes.

Troy Vincent from the NFL reported the other day the play was carefully reviewed on reply, and it is a legal hit, with absolutely no potential for unnecessary roughness.

Guys, (Let's say it's Cam Newton or Big Ben) if he's running to the play, and tackled the guy with the INT, then the QB could stop a pick 6. Marino back in his day would run off the field as he understood the injury risk, and would avoid those plays. He also knew defenders would blow him up. I can see a guy like Kelly going after the DB.

Like it or not, you throw a pick and now you are playing defense, you can get hit as hard as a lineman or other wants to hit you as long as it's to the side or front, in the numbers so not high or low. That's football.

There is absolutely nothing against the rules. Brady's not stupid enough to play defender as he knows someone would go out and kill him legally. You never see Manning running to the play either. Foles needs to learn he is more valuable for the next offensive series, just like EJ is learning it is better to get one less yard and not get your knee blown out again. That's why that other thread was assonine the other day that he is a wimp. No, he's trying to stay alive to finish the game.

There is a difference between 1 yard less and 5 yards. Also, EJ is staying alive to finish the game but go ask Glash Goodwin how he feels about EJ's late game throws.