Give Chan a call to control offense

rcatty

Chan knows offense. Our O was unwatchable until he arrived. He made chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.

I think Jauron would have had alot more success with Gailey. Man, his teams played hard and respected him. His downfall was promoting Turk Schonert to offensive coordinator. That was the kiss of death.

Edited by DDD

I agree. Chan made the most out of average to below average talent. He played the s

Read as he knew he had an explosive RB who could bounce well off tackle, another who could run north/south, a line who could not hold up well for long so get the ball out fast, and lastly a smart QB who could not throw accurately beyond 10 yards.

He probably could improve this team's performance, but it's never going to happen. I'm not sure what he's doing, but hopefully he's coaching somewhere probably in college.

So the fact that the offense was not any more productive just doesn't matter? Perfect example of people romanticizing the past.

"Boy... that Gailey had an exciting offense!"

Then you ought to love this one too, because it's almost identical statistically.

I'm sorry Hackett and EJ don't make you tingly, but the numbers don't lie.

You don't need Chan on the sidelines to incorporate some of the things that worked.

I don't know if it's ego but if your most potent offensive weapon had his best year doing certain things, why wouldn't you as current OC, incorporate those things into your plan?

It's like there is an unwritten rule you can't do that.

I loved Chan for the way he designed his plays and got the most out of his players. I HATED the way he called plays during the game. His situational decisions were just awful. I don't know how many times it would be late in a game, 3rd and short, and he'd line up with an empty backfield and put the game in Fitz's hands. As much as he did for Fitz, I actually think a lot of the big mistakes that Fitz made came from play calls that should've never been called.

If there would be a way to get Chan in here, but have someone else either call the plays or veto the play calls when needed, I'd be all for it. I think it would be scary to see what he could do with CJ, Sammy, Woods, Williams and Goodwin. Like, really scary.

I hate when a coach gets so set on keeping a certain co-ordinator. I'm a Marrone fan, but a HC is only as good as his co-ordinators and I'm not overly confident that Nate will ever be able to get the most out of our guys. I'd love to be wrong though. There are so many things right with this team. I just want to give them the best possible chance to be great.

So the fact that the offense was not any more productive just doesn't matter? Perfect example of people romanticizing the past.

"Boy... that Gailey had an exciting offense!"

Then you ought to love this one too, because it's almost identical statistically.

I'm sorry Hackett and EJ don't make you tingly, but the numbers don't lie.

I'd argue that Hackett has a better o-line and a much better receiving corps than Gailey had to work with. QB and RBs about the same. I'm not one that is necessarily down on Hackett, but I do think Gailey did a good job with the tools at hand. Our offense was absolutely putrid under Jauron.

Edited by TheBrownBear

Let's end this "legend of Chan" crap. His offense did not do anything special, as evidenced by the fact that it was no better than Hackett did with a constantly changing group of QBs.

You don't get it at all. Are you even a Bills fan? Now that he's NOT on the Bills, he's AWESOME!

gailey and staff took a perrenial 7-9 team. And turned it into a perrenial 6-10 team.

What's not too love about that?

Wining: i hope it happens very soon. You know success on the field. there is an entire generation of fans

That have been raised on failure year after year. Coach after coach. Someone else mentioned somewhere

It is a sad state of a franchise when fans point to a 2-1 start like its a big deal. A 2-1 start and continued success for an entire season should be the rule not the exception.

liking coaches or players for having exceptional personalties is great. they loved there time in Buffalo. great.

As professional NFL football players most of them were or are medicore and for some that is being kind. A losing

Fan base needs something to grab on to that's understood. But really, having a dominating football team for some is more important

For some. besides the point that _________ __________ really enjoyed his time in Buffalo winning 6 frigging games a year. BFD.

You don't get it at all. Are you even a Bills fan? Now that he's NOT on the Bills, he's AWESOME!

Sad but true!

It's just incredible to me how everyone forgets how depressing and futile the Gailey years were.

They beat New England* once by 3 points when Brady had a total meltdown and the refs forgot to save him.

To some, that buys a lifetime of nostalgia. Miami just beat New England* by double digits, and I don't see many singing the praises of Tannehill and Philbin right now. In fact, the coach in Miami won't even commit to his starting QB, just 2 weeks later! THAT team rolled up the Patriots* and smacked them around TWO WEEKS AGO!

Sigh... imagine Chan with THESE weapons!

I can, actually. I see Fitz still here, winding up like a MLB pitcher and throwing into triple coverage for a pick 6, just like he did before, and just like he does in Houston as soon as people start to get giddy about his beard and his little scream.

BTW, he went to Harvard!

Edited by TheFunPolice

Chan had a way of turning NOBODY's into SOMEBODY's. Fitz, Stevie, Freddie, Donald Jones, David Nelson, Scott Chandler etc...

Exactly. Imagine what he could do with EJ/Orton, Woods, Williams, Watkins, Goodwin, and Chandler. Amazed me that we tried to run a pass happy offense with absolute schmucks at WR.

He did say he would always be a Bills fan so maybe if Coach Marrone asks nicely, he may come back.

But Hackett Jr is our boy now, so Go BILLS !!!

I loved Chan for the way he designed his plays and got the most out of his players. I HATED the way he called plays during the game. His situational decisions were just awful. I don't know how many times it would be late in a game, 3rd and short, and he'd line up with an empty backfield and put the game in Fitz's hands. As much as he did for Fitz, I actually think a lot of the big mistakes that Fitz made came from play calls that should've never been called.

If there would be a way to get Chan in here, but have someone else either call the plays or veto the play calls when needed, I'd be all for it. I think it would be scary to see what he could do with CJ, Sammy, Woods, Williams and Goodwin. Like, really scary.

I hate when a coach gets so set on keeping a certain co-ordinator. I'm a Marrone fan, but a HC is only as good as his co-ordinators and I'm not overly confident that Nate will ever be able to get the most out of our guys. I'd love to be wrong though. There are so many things right with this team. I just want to give them the best possible chance to be great.

This drives me nuts when I seen it in almost any situation and the Bills under Gailey did it too much. The back should always be in the backfield especially when they are as good as Fred and CJ. One it gives the defense more than one thing to consider and two it gives an extra blocker/ safety value if needed to the QB.

I know there are teams that do it with effectiveness and even that drives me nuts. But, I do not know if that was Gailey calling that or Fitz changing the play at the line. I seem to remember the backs moving to a spot on the line from the backfield from time to time.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso