Colin Cowerd and Tim Hasselback

Kipers Hair

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dilfer made another good point on a Cowherd question. He said the phrase "elite" Qb is overhyped but it is a fact that to be considered Elite, the QB has to raise the play of everyone around them on O. You take what you're given as a QB and raise em up. He was specifically talking about the careers so far of Russell Wilson,and Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers of course.

Yesterday I thought Phil Rivers took everyone on his back. He raised them up and then some. Dude had Donald Brown and Bo Oliver at RB... and he threw to Floyd and Eddie Royal. Woohoo. DO you think Phil Rivers would have liked to have had FJ & Spiller plus Sammy, Woods, M. Williams and maybe even Goodwin to throw to? Yeah i think he would've beaten us 48-10 if had that talent on O around him.

EJ and the O-line flat out stunk yesterday. But i rest it mostly at EJ's feet because he is the man who is supposed to lead & raise everyone's level of play around him.

Edited by zow2

Dilfer made another good point on a Cowherd question. He said the phrase "elite" Qb is overhyped but it is a fact that to be considered Elite, the QB has to raise the play of everyone around them on O. You take what you're given as a QB and raise em up. He was specifically talking about the careers so far of Russell Wilson,and Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers of course.

Yesterday I thought Phil Rivers took everyone on his back. He raised them up and then some. Dude had Donald Brown and Bo Oliver at RB... and he threw to Floyd and Eddie Royal. Woohoo. DO you think Phil Rivers would have liked to have had FJ & Spiller plus Sammy, Woods, M. Williams and maybe even Goodwin to throw to? Yeah i think he would've beaten us 48-10 if had that talent on O around him.

EJ and the O-line flat out stunk yesterday. But i rest it mostly at EJ's feet because he is the man who is supposed to lead & raise everyone's level of play around him.

1) Comparing EJ to Rivers is asinine at this point of his career given the disparity in experience (13 games vs 11 years). 2) No QB is going to look good with the OL play the Bills had yesterday.

I read a lot of the threads on here, and I really get the feeling that a lot of you are maybe young, and have not watched a lot of football. Or some of you just have no clue to what you are seeing. I have missed one Bills game since 1988. (Honeymoon in Jamaica in 1994 when we lost to the Bears in Chicago) I have watched football with great passion, both college and pro for 40 years. I also heard Colin and Hasselback discussing EJ this morning on the radio, and they were being kind. But the truth is this, and I text this to my brother this morning (who ironically happens to live in San Diego, and is another huge Bills fan) that we are looking at a big collapse if EJ continues to play like he did yesterday. The bottom line is he is lousy. His accuracy is horrible, and he has no feel for the game. He can not throw the medium to deep ball w any accuracy, and other teams no that. Heck, he can't even throw the short pass accurately. Our offense is easy to defend. We aren't running because there are 8 men always crowding the line of scrimmage. Our passing game is all predicated on dink and dunks within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage.

I personally would give EJ one more game to show what he's got. The Texans have a good defense. If we do not try and continually stretch the field, we will be in for another long day on offense. This team has a lot of talent. Unfortunately, our QB is not talented. He should not be starting in the NFL. The sooner the Bills coaching staff realizes that, the sooner we can move forward. We have to win the Texans game, because after that we have Detroit on the road and home against NE. And 2-1 can turn into 2-4 real quick. If we are 2-4, how many of you are going to want to continue to watch EJ have no clue? We can not waste this season trying to find out if EJ Manuel has what it takes. Because if you have any idea what you are watching every Sunday, you will know that he is severely lacking what it takes to lead an NFL team.

Again I would give him Sunday against Houston (even just the lst half) and than its Kyle Orton's chance. All you EJ apologists, watch the rest of the league. We get decent play from Orton, we will have a chance to win EVERY SINGLE WEEK! Because when you can't throw down the field, it is impossible to move the ball w any consistency. And our 2-0 start will end up 5-11,if changes aren't made. It is a farce that the Bills drafted EJ w the 16th pick. He throws the ball like a bad undrafted free agent.

Maybe. But you're not making your 22 better if the better option isn't seeing the field.

As for your question - yes. Especially if you're dealing with a young, unconfident qb, and you're directly responsible for creating and placing him in a situation that will increase his likelihood of being boo'd on his home field.

if orton at qb2 ruins his career, he didnt have one to begin with.

Can people please stop comparing EJ to freaking Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady... we get it those guys didn't play well either but you really sound lazy making that comparison. Just stop.

Thank you.

You can really just cut&paste the same template from 2006.

'Control F' ---> 'JP' -- Replace All ---> EJ.

When your points get completely destroyed, just say "Ralph is cheap", lock thread and pat yourself on the back.

I will give props to Steve Beuerlein for not giving EJ the kid-gloves treatment. There was a passing play at 9:14 in the 2nd quarter where EJ had a clean pocket and plenty of time to throw, and he just threw a horrific pass that clunked on the ground well short of Watkins. Tasker tried to blame it on the wind. Beuerlein immediately pointed out that EJ just misfired on that throw, that the wind was now at our backs, and that it was a ball that has to be completed. Tasker was left stammering in the background "uh.. um.. well.. "

The A22 for this game is going to be very interesting.

I will give props to Steve Beuerlein for not giving EJ the kid-gloves treatment. There was a passing play at 9:14 in the 2nd quarter where EJ had a clean pocket and plenty of time to throw, and he just threw a horrific pass that clunked on the ground well short of Watkins. Tasker tried to blame it on the wind. Beuerlein immediately pointed out that EJ just misfired on that throw, that the wind was now at our backs, and that it was a ball that has to be completed. Tasker was left stammering in the background "uh.. um.. well.. "

I thought Tasker was pretty critical of EJ throughout the game as well. He didn't cut EJ too much slack.

See... That's the thing about EJ... I want him so badly to do well. I support him, I just don't see "growing pains." I see "train wreck. I'd take him throwing picks all over the place rather than what we saw yeaterday. Yesterday was very unsettling.

If train wreck is a 90 QB rating, imagine how good it will be when he isn't a train wreck!

Exactly. Nobody, especially all us homers want to admit something looks terribly wrong. Given the high pick, shocking the experts w/his selection it is a tough pill to swallow... Impossible to save face IF he becomes a bust. This is a tough spot to be in! I hope a lot of people are not in denial. I'd rather fall on the sword and say I was wrong and he turns out to be a gamer... BUT man, going that way for some is nearly impossible. I hope and pray what we are seeing is NOT a tragically flawed EJ.