Colin Cowerd and Tim Hasselback

Kipers Hair

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just their opinions - both said they watched the game and they believe Orton was brought in because of what we saw yesterday...missing receivers, wild inaccuracy. Want him to succeed, but he's missing the accuracy...

Better pass pro and a cleaner pocket certainly would help. Orton would look no better behind the kind of substandard OL play we witnessed yesterday.

Just the fact that Marrone and EJ both evaded the accuracy issue by saying there is NO issue....makes me think all are concerned. I'm just as concerned about EJ's very conservative mindset. We ain't the Trent Dilfer Ravens...sorry. We're gonna need a serious passing game to get where the Bills wanna go.

Better pass pro and a cleaner pocket certainly would help. Orton would look no better behind the kind of substandard OL play we witnessed yesterday.

Completely disagree. Manual had time to throw on many occasions. He just can't.

Seems like it's going to be yet another TBD week with a hundred 'EJ Sucks' threads. I wonder if there's a message here.. (Doh!)

Seems like it's going to be yet another TBD week with a hundred 'EJ Sucks' threads. I wonder if there's a message here.. (Doh!)

Did you say this in the first two games when he made several excellent down field throws or are you just going to voice this after he plays poorly? A balanced view with both credit and criticism when warranted makes your opinion worthy of consideration. If you only post after bad performances and stay silent when he plays well, it's hard to take someone seriously.

Look at Aaron Rodgers stat line & get back to me bro.

Did you say this in the first two games when he made several excellent down field throws or are you just going to voice this after he plays poorly? A balanced view with both credit and criticism when warranted makes your opinion worthy of consideration. If you only post after bad performances and stay silent when he plays well, it's hard to take someone seriously.

In week 1 I thought many of EJ's passes, including the downfield completions, looked tentative and hesitant. He stutter steps into his throws which often sailed high. It was pretty lucky that Woods and Mike didn't get killed. He had one good toss on the money to Watkins, but often his placement didn't allow for YAC.

Last week there wasn't much to criticize. He missed Woods low on what would have been a TD and missed Watkins on what would have been a TD as well. His throws to Chandler and Sammy were very impressive though.

In week 1 I thought many of EJ's passes, including the downfield completions, looked tentative and hesitant. He stutter steps into his throws which often sailed high. It was pretty lucky that Woods and Mike didn't get killed. He had one good toss on the money to Watkins, but often his placement didn't allow for YAC.Last week there wasn't much to criticize. He missed Woods low on what would have been a TD and missed Watkins on what would have been a TD as well. His throws to Chandler and Sammy were very impressive though.

With regard to ball placement, EJ is undoubtedly inconsistent. He and the WRs were definitely out of sync yesterday and it's not too surprising that their chemistry is still developing with Watkins and Williams being new to the team.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

With regard to ball placement, EJ is undoubtedly inconsistent. He and the WRs were definitely out of sync yesterday and it's not too surprising that their chemistry is still developing with Watkins and Williams being new to the team.

Ball placement was good on 24 passes. Sammy could of had one & admitted as much. Chandler's grab vs Miami was perfect ball placement. Woods 15 yard catch was perfect yesterday. EJ can & does make great throws.

I see his struggles when he gets pressure up the middle. He hasn't learned yet how to evade the rush & climb the pocket. He rolls out the pocket instead of weaving his way forward and driving the ball off his plant leg. Any throw off the back foot will sail.

My contention was with your post which inferred Manual's pathetic performance was solely on the OL. And yeah, I was thrilled with the NINE FGA's Manual 'captained' us to in the 1st couple games.. 10 times, Manual and Marrone have trailed by 10 points since the became QB/Coach. Their record? 0-10.

Look at Aaron Rodgers stat line & get back to me bro.

Aaron Rodgers has EARNED a rare poor performance. Manual has yet to earn a Great performance. Subtle difference, no?

My contention was with your post which inferred Manual's pathetic performance was solely on the OL. And yeah, I was thrilled with the NINE FGA's Manual 'captained' us to in the 1st couple games.. 10 times, Manual and Marrone have trailed by 10 points since the became QB/Coach. Their record? 0-10.

Aaron Rodgers has EARNED a rare poor performance. Manual has yet to earn a Great performance. Subtle difference, no?

Rodgers is 1-2. And looked bad versus the Seahawks & now the Lions.

Rodgers plays for a better organization, no? I mean everyone here says Nix sucked, Whaley gave up too much for Sammy, and Marrone & Hackett are in over their heads, no?

I still feel Orton was brought in just as insurance, as to avoid another catastrophe like after Manuel's injury last year. They needed someone proven back there, but he won't be brought in otherwise. I'd be shocked in Manuel didn't get three or four years before the plug is pulled.

Does anyone else feel like it was a huge mistake to bring in Orton if they don't intend to play him? If I'm honest with myself, I know I would be far less critical of EJ after a game like yesterday's if he only had Thad and Tuel behind him. The fact that there is a legitimate, experienced, QB option on the bench, makes performances like the one we saw from EJ against the Bolts much harder to stomach. I think they've put EJ in a bad position. He's going to receive constant catcalls from a large segment of the fanbase and will be looking over his shoulder as long as Orton is here. As a front office and coaching staff, if you're committed to EJ and comfortable with the idea of this being a rebuilding/learning year, then why not go with a guy like Jordan Palmer (as terrible as he was) to serve as EJs mentor, instead of a guy that is a real threat to steal his job?

Edited by TheBrownBear

I still feel Orton was brought in just as insurance, as to avoid another catastrophe like after Manuel's injury last year. They needed someone proven back there, but he won't be brought in otherwise. I'd be shocked in Manuel didn't get three or four years before the plug is pulled.

If Manuel continues to be at best a "game manager" mixed with poor performances through the rest of this season, I think the Bills have to find someone, maybe Orton, who can at least be better. I think Manuel has the rest of this year maybe. It depends on how much Whaley and Marrone fear for their jobs if it looks like they will miss the playoffs.

Does anyone else feel like it was a huge mistake to bring in Orton if they don't intend to play him? If I'm honest with myself, I know I would be far less critical of EJ after a game like yesterday's if he only had Thad and Tuel behind him. The fact that there is a legitimate, experienced, QB option on the bench, makes performances like the one we saw from EJ against the Bolts much harder to stomach. I think they've put EJ in a bad position. He's going to receive constant catcalls from a large segment of the fanbase and will be looking over his shoulder as long as Orton is here. As a front office and coaching staff, if you're committed to EJ and comfortable with the idea of this being a rebuilding/learning year, then why not go with a guy like Jordan Palmer (as terrible as he was) to serve as EJs mentor, instead of a guy that is a real threat to steal his job?

its a huge mistake because fans can be irrational? thats terrible logic. we made our 53 better - thats what matters.