I'll take 2-1

Theres a lot of negative vibes now because the Bills lost but I'll take 2-1. We've played 3 teams that the "experts" have as potential playoff teams and came out on the positive side.

The biggest thing that bothered me today was play calling on both sides of the ball. On offense STOP running CJ onto the middle, that 3rd and 1 in the 4th qtr baffling! Plus they run the hurry up offense most of the time and when they get 10 points behind in the late 3rd and 4th qtr they stopped

On defense where was the blitz all day? Were they that afraid of Rivers burning the secondary that they didn't dare? Well he burned them anyway.

Oh well, back to my mundane job tomorrow as a Interim CFO. At least I understand accounting! :}

I still believe this is our time!

PS- Sabres first preseason game is on NHL Net at 5.

2-1 sounds just fine. problem is, i watched the game. it felt just like last week, only we were the dolphins. i am normally a delusional optimist. but right now i want to go kick a puppy.

it will pass, but i was hoping for a much better showing than this.

Edited by swnybillsfan

Everyone pretty much knew if you have to put the game on the arm of EJ that the Bills would be in trouble. With Buffalo's defense unable to really contain Rivers and the running game not able to create huge plays, the Chargers did a great job of exposing him today. The greater the deficit, the harder it is for Manuel who is still young and not able to carry a team on his arm. He is simply not at the point in his career where he can come back against a great team like San Diego down double digits in the 2nd half. He left alot of throws out there and I'm sure he'll see that in the film room.

For Buffalo to be successful right now they need to be able to control the ball on the ground and play stout defense and create turnovers. That allows EJ to play a steady game, and make a play here or there instead of every series or every set of downs. Hopefully EJ will build on games like this and be a better QB, but for now 300+ passing games and huge comebacks aren't things that EJ are skilled to do right now.

Oh....and wear white jerseys! (LOL)

Typical Bills fan loser logic. Not calling the OP a loser, just saying that we're like a beaten dog who is happy on the day he got slapped as he was expecting kicks.

just look at it this way...we won 2 out of three. we keep doing that and we are a 10-5 team with one game to go. there is reason to be optimistic, even in defeat.