I think it's time to bring back the Shout magazine!

USMCBillsFan

It was something I looked forward to every week as well, but almost every issue was received after the previewed game was played. Also, I wasn't a fan of Larry Bump but after it changed and he was replaced (by Chris Brown?) , I only got worse and less interesting. The internet was the final blow in it's death.

We are in a golden age for the dissemination of football information. And no, I don't mean the fact that we instantly know which player got arrested. The interplay of key media advances--the All-22, vine, message boards, and good 'old-fashioned' blogging--means that we can consume the game with a higher degree of technical insight than ever before. We've come a long way since George Michael's Sports Machine, baby.

Not only does this mean that a Shout-like magazine would have a hard time adding much value, but it is also making some of the established football journalists (who differentiated themselves based on their ability to get good quotes from players and staff) increasingly less important, at least to me.

kj

I used to love that magazine....

Yep, it was always a treat to find it after school.

But I think that ship has sailed due to today's technology. Actually, it makes waiting for Shout! to arrive seem kinda silly by comparison.

It was something I looked forward to every week as well, but almost every issue was received after the previewed game was played. Also, I wasn't a fan of Larry Bump but after it changed and he was replaced (by Chris Brown?) , I only got worse and less interesting. The internet was the final blow in it's death.

I loved Shout! As a poor graduate student, it was my one luxury I insisted buying, even though it always arrived late! I still loved getting it in the mail and reading it cover to cover... just to see if the "previews" were right and to re-live the win from 2 weeks ago.

The internet definitely killed it. I could get the same stories/reports online, quicker, and often for free (as a poor student, that was actually quite important). This message board (technically its predecessor) was huge part of that for me.

I still kept my subscription for a couple years, but either they cancelled it or I did (don't really remember). But, for a guy not living in Buffalo and in a pre "all information instantly available all the time" world, Shout! was the best thing ever. I never kept old issues, but now I wish I would have.

It's still around. The name was changed years ago to 'Bills Digest'. Chris Brown used to be the editor. Once he stepped down to be the Bills reporter, Mark Ludwiczak took over as editor.

This thread needs a bump. :lol:

This is what happens after 14 years of losing, your own fans don't even know that the team fan magazine is still in circulation. Priceless. :lol: The technology has moved on is pretty good too. I think that ship actually sailed in 1996. :lol:

This thread needs a bump. :lol:

This is what happens after 14 years of losing, your own fans don't even know that the team fan magazine is still in circulation. Priceless. :lol: The technology has moved on is pretty good too. I think that ship actually sailed in 1996. :lol:

Well, Chris Brown stepped down... the standard of excellence just couldn't be maintained.

•  

Um, which Shout magazine did you want to bring back?

Shout - Official Site
    www.shoutmag.co.uk Cached
    Shout magazine is the home for teen girls to find news and gossip about boys, fashion, beauty and celebrities! Buy subscriptions and annuals online!

•  

Shout! magazine | Facebook
      www.facebook.com/pages/Shout-magazine/92458494262 Cached
      Shout! magazine. 1,561 likes · 1 talking about this. The queer paper for Yorkshire and North Derbyshire. www.shoutweb.co.uk Email us at...