Your 3 keys to the Bills continuing to win

BuffaloBill

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't turn the ball over

Must get better converting 3rd downs, onlu 33%, that is 25th, we will not win continue to win unless his goes up

Must have more even numbers in first downs, we are losing 52-28 in first downs. We will not continue to win with numbers like that

For me they are:

Your thoughts?

1- the interior o-line play has to improve especially LG. You can see from the play calls the Bills want to run inside the tackles often. Their success has been hampered by Williams who appears to be struggling with his assignments. As the season wears on and weather becomes a factor in games the o-line must continue to improve

Their success has been hampered but they are still finding success. See below for additional thoughts in this area.

2- The special teams need to continue their turnaround. The play of the ST units has been a very pleasant surprise. The Bills O is not good enough yet to win games outright. The fact that ST's are helping to win the field position battle is important to supporting them.

The key to this will be injuries. Last year we were adding several players to our roster every couple weeks as others were injured and this gave our special teams unit a new core every week. With two starting RB's we could not commit our backup RB to the ST unit. RB's are tremendously valuable on ST as Anthony Dixon has proven. Their skill set is undeniably perfect to play 80% of the ST units. DB's are a big part of that, as well, which we finally have depth at. We have had WR's and we have had mediocre talent at OL to fill positions.

3 - to me the most obvious is that EJ has to continue to take small steps forward in his development. At some point during the season he will be called upon to win a game(s).

EJ under 30 attempts a game will be just what the teams needs. We cannot give up on the run just because its not working early. If we had abandoned the run on Sunday Miami would have teed off on us blitzing Manuel. The chips on Wake and the runs at him made a huge difference. The run blocking may not be to the strengths of our OL but it is to the advantage. The common knowledge in football with the OL is that pass blocking wears down the OL as they sit back and get punished. The run blocking is what wears the DL down and keeps them honest. We cannot stop running and we must sustain drives to the EZ.

The Bills are averaging 4.6 YPC, and our Quarterback has been sacked only once. While I certainly don't mind any player improving and taking another's job on merit, Williams hasn't been nearly as bad as you've described. I'm very comfortable with his play so far.

He is going to be a whipping boy around here. I am not sure why, maybe because TJ Graham and Doug Legursky are gone people just want the softest target they can find.

We can't expect a blocked kick and kick return most weeks--- that will happen very rarely even for a good unit

1) red zone tds- we got away with last week not putting 7 up more often

2) interior line has to figure itself out

3) health health and health

As some of the exceptional stats come back to earth, those 3 things will be vital to keep winning

The Bills are averaging 4.6 YPC, and our Quarterback has been sacked only once. While I certainly don't mind any player improving and taking another's job on merit, Williams hasn't been nearly as bad as you've described. I'm very comfortable with his play so far.

Statistically, he's been his normal below average to bad.

For instance:

Chris Williams, LG and Eric Wood, C: Combined -7.3

Breakdown: Williams and Wood were two of the biggest reasons for the Bills’ struggles on the ground. On numerous occasions they were overpowered and allowed penetration into the backfield. Outside of a 47-yard run by Spiller, the offense averaged just 2 yards per carry. Williams also allowed a hit and a hurry in pass protection.

Signature Stat: The Bills gained just three rushing yards before contact on 15 carries running through the three gaps adjacent to Williams and Wood.

Edited by NoSaint

Well.... Ihave seen enough to be uncomfortable. Better than Legursky ? sure . Offers more O line play calling options ? yes again .

But he still whiffs on plays enough. room for improvement. Absolutely

1. Crush your enemies

2. See them driven before you

3. Hear the Lamentations of their women

Didnt we try that last year ?

With the improved linebacker core and ST using the starters, it just might work this time !

1- the interior o-line play has to improve especially LG. You can see from the play calls the Bills want to run inside the tackles often. Their success has been hampered by Williams who appears to be struggling with his assignments. As the season wears on and weather becomes a factor in games the o-line must continue to improve

Their success has been hampered but they are still finding success. See below for additional thoughts in this area.

2- The special teams need to continue their turnaround. The play of the ST units has been a very pleasant surprise. The Bills O is not good enough yet to win games outright. The fact that ST's are helping to win the field position battle is important to supporting them.

The key to this will be injuries. Last year we were adding several players to our roster every couple weeks as others were injured and this gave our special teams unit a new core every week. With two starting RB's we could not commit our backup RB to the ST unit. RB's are tremendously valuable on ST as Anthony Dixon has proven. Their skill set is undeniably perfect to play 80% of the ST units. DB's are a big part of that, as well, which we finally have depth at. We have had WR's and we have had mediocre talent at OL to fill positions.

3 - to me the most obvious is that EJ has to continue to take small steps forward in his development. At some point during the season he will be called upon to win a game(s).

EJ under 30 attempts a game will be just what the teams needs. We cannot give up on the run just because its not working early. If we had abandoned the run on Sunday Miami would have teed off on us blitzing Manuel. The chips on Wake and the runs at him made a huge difference. The run blocking may not be to the strengths of our OL but it is to the advantage. The common knowledge in football with the OL is that pass blocking wears down the OL as they sit back and get punished. The run blocking is what wears the DL down and keeps them honest. We cannot stop running and we must sustain drives to the EZ.

He is going to be a whipping boy around here. I am not sure why, maybe because TJ Graham and Doug Legursky are gone people just want the softest target they can find.

Well , that is how it's done isnt it ?

When you post in blue your accuracy has increased significantly . I suggest you continue

At kick off I have to slap my forehead 3 times

Sing the Shout song

And oh man I forgot the 3rd thing

shooit. i did too.

who knows what the 3rd thing is ? We gotta beat these Chargers !!

I'm stunned on the occasions when I remember what the third thing is...

I've actually made time in my life for football. It is a hobby, a passion and something I enjoy. I am watching more football and I am falling in love all over again. Watching this game tonight is helping.

I've actually made time in my life for football. It is a hobby, a passion and something I enjoy. I am watching more football and I am falling in love all over again. Watching this game tonight is helping.

Life is a funny f'r isn't it sometimes .

Falling in love is priceless , honestly .

Edited by 3rdand12