SD win was impressive last week but weather had plenty to do with it

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a bunch of new flowers growing or anything out of the ordinary that's stuck around thanks to all the rain ? Or did it all just burn & go away after it rained ?

Do they fly directly across the country non-stop ? That's what I'm really asking, is it a 5 hour chartered flight or is it a 9 hour flight ?

it's a 5 hour flight on Southwest, charter would be about the same.

Do you have a bunch of new flowers growing or anything out of the ordinary that's stuck around thanks to all the rain ? Or did it all just burn & go away after it rained ?

Do they fly directly across the country non-stop ? That's what I'm really asking, is it a 5 hour chartered flight or is it a 9 hour flight ?

it's usually pretty brown here in the summer. It's plush green landscapes with wildflowers all over the place. Never seen anything like it in 15 years out here.

I'll say it again. That was a classic trap game for the Hawks. They had a huge win at home against the Pack and we're looking forward past SD to the Broncos - their opponent this week.

Trap were conclusively proven not to exist...

I think a stop in Chicago and then Atlanta. They arrive in Buffalo about 9am Sunday and go right to the stadium. Hopefully there is snack on board or they'll be hungry and tired.

According to you noone should ever complain when the schedule comes out that the Bills got to play three/four west coast games in a year. I guess your opinion is it doesn't matter if a team plays in their own backyard or has to fly 2,500 miles thru 4 different time zones. None of that has an effect. Would you feel more confident in a Bills win this Sunday if they had to fly out to San Diego & play the game there?

According to you noone should ever complain when the schedule comes out that the Bills got to play three/four west coast games in a year. I guess your opinion is it doesn't matter if a team plays in their own backyard or has to fly 2,500 miles thru 4 different time zones. None of that has an effect. Would you feel more confident in a Bills win this Sunday if they had to fly out to San Diego & play the game there?

I would feel the same way I do now. It's not the travel, it's difficult to win any road game. Home field advantage is more prevalent in the NFL than other sports. I don't feel travel has a big affect as some here think. If the Bills continue to play well and the Raiders continue to play poorly, are you concerned about our game against them because we have to travel to California? These are mostly young players in great shape. I don't see how a plane ride is going to make such a big difference. Also, it's only a 3 hour time difference. Not a big deal.

I watched this game on rewind. Chargers had the ball for over 42 minutes so I think fatigue did impact the Seahawks pass rush on Rivers. I'm not saying it was heat related but the heat probably didn't help. The Bills D needs to pressure Rivers and tackle well. Rivers was dinking and dunking all over the field. Most of his throws were short over the middle, to the flat, and along the sidelines. A few tough catches by Gates for TDs. Also Bills O needs to have some long sustained drives and a few TDs.

I watched this game on rewind. Chargers had the ball for over 42 minutes so I think fatigue did impact the Seahawks pass rush on Rivers. I'm not saying it was heat related but the heat probably didn't help. The Bills D needs to pressure Rivers and tackle well. Rivers was dinking and dunking all over the field. Most of his throws were short over the middle, to the flat, and along the sidelines. A few tough catches by Gates for TDs. Also Bills O needs to have some long sustained drives and a few TDs.

I used to live in La Mesa, I remember the summers getting pretty spicy some years... but that game on Sunday was definitely record setting :o

You sound like the guy to ask then - where is the Chargers stadium relative to Sandy Eggo and why is it so much hotter there, then in Sandy Eggo itself?

Thanks in advance for my geography lesson.

I would feel the same way I do now. It's not the travel, it's difficult to win any road game. Home field advantage is more prevalent in the NFL than other sports. I don't feel travel has a big affect as some here think. If the Bills continue to play well and the Raiders continue to play poorly, are you concerned about our game against them because we have to travel to California? These are mostly young players in great shape. I don't see how a plane ride is going to make such a big difference. Also, it's only a 3 hour time difference. Not a big deal.

I do a lot of travel for work and some of it is cross country. The time difference is real and it does have an impact on you. The biggest one for me is my sleep pattern. I'm glad the Chargers are playing in Buffalo.

On the topic of weather, there is an 80% chance of rain for Sunday. I will be at the game, which sucks because of the rain, but I believe that this will keep the Chargers grounded and will definitely help our chances of keeping the ball out of Rivers' hands. let's hope it monsoons and we activate our 4 studly backs!!!

I think fans try to find things to make them feel more confident about the game, even if they don't really think them out that much. A four hour plane ride,emotional letdown, looking past this game, the temperature, rain, fans..... usually the better team wins. But I think it's silly to put so much stock in these other factors. Do they have an impact on the game? maybe, but not for sure. By this logic will the Bills lose when traveling to nice weather climates since Buffalo's weather sucks most of the time. Will the Bills be distracted with the Miami nightlife since Dave and Busters closes at 9pm in Buffalo????

And if the Bills win Sunday, did we win because of other factors other than that we played better or are a good football team?

You sound like the guy to ask then - where is the Chargers stadium relative to Sandy Eggo and why is it so much hotter there, then in Sandy Eggo itself?

Thanks in advance for my geography lesson.

It's in the heart of Mission Valley, 5 to 7 miles north of downtown San Diego. Valleys seem to hold the heat more. It is also within 5 miles of the coast. On gameday, being closer to the ocean proved to be more humid. I live about the same distance from the ocean as Qualcom stadium but north of the stadium. It was definitely a crazy hot and humid day that we don't usually get. A hurricane weather system had been pushed from Mexico into our weather system. Again, doesn't usually happen.

Weather, IMHO definitely played a factor, but both teams had to play in it. San Diego maybe had the advantage from getting more used to the heat and humidity. I don't think Marshawn played much in that game because he couldn't deal with the heat, again just my opinion.

It's possible Seattle is sick at home and just a good but not great team on the road? No doubt Seattle is a good team, but parts of their roster took a hit in free agency and even last year they had a lot of close games on the road. So take a team that maybe isn't as good as they were last year and put them on the road where they are more human against a team that has talent and it resulted in a close loss?