To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

PS: ITS HIS 12TH GAME...and in his 11th and 12th games, he went on the road to beat a tough Chicago team no one believe he or the Bills could win and then had a very good follow up game against a tough Miami team that just beat NE pretty good last week.

Yet all these ridiculous posts by people who some how know the future and that he is a bust. You either have no idea how to evaluate a QB or you are just emotionally committed to the kids failure. I guess Drew Bress and Matt Ryan are terrible too...they had a lot of bad drives today, a LOT more than EJ. I love how the bashers somehow expect perfection from a kid with 12 full games under his belt who is now 6-6 and having a better first 12 games than MANY top QBs have had statistically in their first 12 games.

He may or may not be the guy, only time will tell...but what he is doing right now is playing good football. Is he Manning? No, but who is. This kid is playing a LOT like Russell Wilson did last year, a LOT. And as the season went on Russell got even better. So rather than just being a broken record of trying to prove a kid, who is leading this team (all the players have said so) and playing well, why not just give him credit for his solid play and hope for his continued development?

I mean seriously...

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, honest, accurate post. Glad the Bills won, but the truth "is what it is."

Against a good team, the consistent red zone inepitude/settling for FGs will no doubt cost the Bills a loss (or losses).

PS - You don't have to be "a troll", or "an idiot" to have an honest opinion in here. There's no need for name calling, and I hope the mods ban the name callers for a week or so.

LOL

PS: ITS HIS 12TH GAME...and in his 11th and 12th games, he went on the road to beat a tough Chicago team no one believe he or the Bills could win and then had a very good follow up game against a tough Miami team that just beat NE pretty good last week.

Yet all these ridiculous posts by people who some how know the future and that he is a bust. You either have no idea how to evaluate a QB or you are just emotionally committed to the kids failure. I guess Drew Bress and Matt Ryan are terrible too...they had a lot of bad drives today, a LOT more than EJ. I love how the bashers somehow expect perfection from a kid with 12 full games under his belt who is now 6-6 and having a better first 12 games than MANY top QBs have had statistically in their first 12 games.

He may or may not be the guy, only time will tell...but what he is doing right now is playing good football. Is he Manning? No, but who is. This kid is playing a LOT like Russell Wilson did last year, a LOT. And as the season went on Russell got even better. So rather than just being a broken record of trying to prove a kid, who is leading this team (all the players have said so) and playing well, why not just give him credit for his solid play and hope for his continued development?

I mean seriously...

Sometimes I just wonder if it is unrealistic expectations........

- You have what.....2 to 3 QBs that are in a certain category.......EJ is not in that category.....he may never get to that category.....and you know what? THAT IS OK.....I think that is what might be one of the real issues......because fans want their QB to the be the BEST QB in the league. EJ Manuel will probably never be the best QB in the league....AND THAT IS OK

- Then you got 8 or so QB's below that group......this is what we should hope for EJ to be.....I mean......he isnt yet because he hasnt even have a full season.....BUT......if you go back and look at THOSE QBs you basically see EJ Manuel......they have bad throws...they make poor decisions.....just like EJ does every once in a while.......

- I have said it a couple of times today....EJ has two throws that should have been touchdowns......both involved Watkins.....one hits him right in the hands on a GREAT deep strike.......on the 2nd Watkins gets bumped and doesnt get to it but EJ throws it right where it needs to be....away from the defense coverage and allowing Watkins to make the play on the ball.....if those TD's are caught does this change minds? Somehow I dont think it does because people just hate to be wrong.

- Then there is the superb throws that EJ actually does make....of which there were several.

And no turnovers

LOL

Sometimes I just wonder if it is unrealistic expectations........

- You have what.....2 to 3 QBs that are in a certain category.......EJ is not in that category.....he may never get to that category.....and you know what? THAT IS OK.....I think that is what might be one of the real issues......because fans want their QB to the be the BEST QB in the league. EJ Manuel will probably never be the best QB in the league....AND THAT IS OK

- Then you got 8 or so QB's below that group......this is what we should hope for EJ to be.....I mean......he isnt yet because he hasnt even have a full season.....BUT......if you go back and look at THOSE QBs you basically see EJ Manuel......they have bad throws...they make poor decisions.....just like EJ does every once in a while.......

- I have said it a couple of times today....EJ has two throws that should have been touchdowns......both involved Watkins.....one hits him right in the hands on a GREAT deep strike.......on the 2nd Watkins gets bumped and doesnt get to it but EJ throws it right where it needs to be....away from the defense coverage and allowing Watkins to make the play on the ball.....if those TD's are caught does this change minds? Somehow I dont think it does because people just hate to be wrong.

- Then there is the superb throws that EJ actually does make....of which there were several.

And no turnovers

But none of that will matter when the Bills play a "good" team! Apparently the team that beat the Pats* isn't good enough.

If he plays well against the Chargers, well, they lost against Arizona for Christ's sake! See how that works?

Houston? What with Fitzpatrick at QB...c'mon that's not a try measure of EJ's skills.

Detriot? Carolina crushed them. Etc...

If the Bills win, and EJ plays well, it's clear the other team MUST suck,

Edited by The Dean

He looks OK. But as I said in another post, this offense will need to produce more--especially if they have to play from behind.

On offense, more points on FGs than TDs so far (3 TDs in 8 Qs). Converted 1/3 3rd downs in both games.

True,. But you fail to mention the play calling typically is influenced by the score. If they are playing from behind, perhaps they are a bit more aggressive.

He looks OK. But as I said in another post, this offense will need to produce more--especially if they have to play from behind.

On offense, more points on FGs than TDs so far (3 TDs in 8 Qs). Converted 1/3 3rd downs in both games.

Playcalling changes when your playing from behind.....when you are playing with the lead you play conservative......dont commit turnovers.....run the ball......and score field goals because you are playing conservative

True,. But you fail to mention the play calling typically is influenced by the score. If they are playing from behind, perhaps they are a bit more aggressive.

A team in the red zone is always trying to score a TD primarily, not a FG--regardless of the score...

Edited by Mr. WEO

Really?? It is what the market of millions of fans rate our QB. No different than the stock market. If you cant see how obvious that is then I feel sorry for you. EJ is no better than 25th best starting NFL QB. bills are a deep playoff team with any other QB. He floats his balls, locks into first receiver. 202 yds passing, He never has a 300 yd game, NEVER,.

Hahaha

Really? The "free market" as you call it is wrong MANY times. Nick Foles, Alshon Jeffery, Julius Thomas and Knowshon(those are the 4 just off the top of my head) were all free agents in many FF leagues last year at the beginning of the season, while CJ Spiller was a top 5 pick. Yeah let's evaluate talent by what "FANTASY" owners say. Lol ridiculous.

A team in the red zone is always trying to score a TD primarily, not a FG--regardless of the score...

Of course they are......but you take less chances when you have the lead.

Now....if you wanna talk about how we need to be score TD's with this huge OL and these big RB's......Im with you. I think THAT is what needs to improve

Not true. Simply not true. Many coaches don't risk turnovers when they have a lead, especially if the FG makes it a 2-score game (for example). In overtime in the Chicago, the Bills ran a kneel down after Fred's big run. Never made a play for the end zone. Don't like that kind of play? Blame the coach.

Not true. Simply not true. Many coaches don't risk turnovers when they have a lead, especially if the FG makes it a 2-score game (for example). In overtime in the Chicago, the Bills ran a kneel down after Fred's big run. Never made a play for the end zone. Don't like that kind of play? Blame the coach.

Come on! In overtime it was sudden death at that point. Of course they kick a FG to win the game!

Are you saying that the Bills were not trying to score TDs in the red zone?

Come on! In overtime it was sudden death at that point. Of course they kick a FG to win the game!

Are you saying that the Bills were not trying to score TDs in the red zone?

Trying to score a TD? Sure,. Trying to aggressively score a TD? Maybe not.

Do you honestly believe coaches don't temper their play calling, anywhere on the field, based on the score? You are persistent in posting stuff without considering the context. Context is everything. OK, maybe not everything,. But a lot.

Trying to score a TD? Sure,. Trying to aggressively score a TD? Maybe not.

Do you honestly believe coaches don't temper their play calling, anywhere on the field, based on the score? You are persistent in posting stuff without considering the context. Context is everything. OK, maybe not everything,. But a lot.

Ok, then tell me on which trips to the red zone were the Bills, because of the score, were not preferring to aggressively pursue 7 points instead of 3.

What we have is a second year rookie. Essentially. I'm good with giving him time to mature. But not at the expense of a roster that is stocked with talent elsewhere. My only worry is that we might have spent a 1st rounder on a game manager. We don't have the luxury of burning picks like that.

Ok, then tell me on which trips to the red zone were the Bills, because of the score, were not preferring to aggressively pursue 7 points instead of 3.

WEO.....there is no way of knowing that. Just like you dont know which plays they were not going to because the percentage of turnover is higher

Come on man...this is what I am talking about posters just refuse to accept being wrong

Really? You can't figure this one out yourself?

4th Quarter. 1st down at the Miami 23. Short pass, Run,. Run.

4th Quarter after the sack of Tannehill on 4th down. Three runs in row. Last one by EJ, not risking a thing.

WEO.....there is no way of knowing that. Just like you dont know which plays they were not going to because the percentage of turnover is higher

Come on man...this is what I am talking about posters just refuse to accept being wrong

Wrong about what?? lol That teams want TD's when in the red zone? Come on Hemet! Look EJ played well. But this is significant. You don't think Marrone is wondering why his team has only scored 3 TDs this season on offense? You think this is...by design? That's nuts.

It's not a cut on EJ only. You need to relax