To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

Sorry after no playoffs since 1999 skepticism is well deserved. If by the end of the year EJ has games where he puts the ball in tight windows and essentially helps Buffalo win a game they have no business winning than I'll say he really is better.

No one is saying don't be skeptical. :wallbash:

But skepticism is not saying he sucks when he in fact is playing competently.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry after no playoffs since 1999 skepticism is well deserved. If by the end of the year EJ has games where he puts the ball in tight windows and essentially helps Buffalo win a game they have no business winning than I'll say he really is better.

So, you are saying EJ gets judged by a different standard because of the Bills failures in the past? Seriously? Tom is right, Give the guy credit when he earns it. So far, this year, he has played pretty well. Let the past go.

I step away from this thread for a few minutes and it turns into crazytown. Wow. There are some winners here, too many to highlight.

Sunday post-game. Making PPP look sane, reasonable, and cordial since 2001.

2-0

Yeah...but if it weren't for EJ, we'd be 4 - -2.

Or something.

Now bash, whine, complain, take cheap shots over the web all you want, it doesn't change the very harsh truth, EJ is showing he isn't the answer.

It's nowhere near the harsh truth, it's your incredibly biased opinion. You're going to stick to this line because you've pretty much married yourself to it at this point.

12 starts. 12. But keep complaining that he's not an All-Pro yet and is simply managing the Bills to wins. :lol:

EJ was not good period. IF you watched objectively you would have seen his play costs us greatly in the red zone. that game should have been 21-0 or at least 17-0 in the first half easy if he were worth a damn.

What concerns me the most is the homerism toward another crappy QB. The excuses keep coming just like all the failures in the past.

A bad QB wouldn't have had us in the red zone that many times... to be fair.

2-0 says it all so far. long way to go.

Well it's more than that. 2-0 is a team record. EJ has passed completed a very high percentage of his passes, has a very respectable QB rating and has done the things many complained he could not/would not do: throw downfield, throw to his anyone other than his primary receiver, etc. And he's improved from game one to game two, this year. I might consider any detractor who at least understands the facts.

But, yes. He is far from a finished product as are the Bills.

Edited by The Dean

2-0 says it all so far. long way to go.

Fair statement.

Absolutely fair. No one is fitting EJ for a gold jacket, he's still a young QB who's showing signs of progress. That's it.

The fact he's showing signs of progress while guiding the team to a quick 2-0 start is gravy. We're Bills fan, we should all appreciate gravy.

Yes he did. It was a great defensive play, I couldn't believe it even on replay.

IMO a great throw leading to a great catch was broken up by an even greater defensive play. No doubt in my mind that Watkins catches that ball without the strip.

Regarding EJ...as someone who was unhappy with his first 10 games I am pleasantly surprised by his play so far. He's making better decisions with the ball and seems to have a much better grasp of the offense.

So everything you say is true. I'm sorry, you're the GM of what NFL team??

The same one you're offering your opinion on I believe.