Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case

YoloinOhio

I think there is a very real chance peterson doesnt play for the whole year, maybe even longer. Those pictures are very incriminating. It doesnt matter if he "did not intend" to hurt the kid, he freakin went way overboard and what he did was child abuse. Just close your eyes for a minute and imagine yourself standing next to the kid as AP did this...Do you feel uncomfortable?

I owned AP in a dynasty FF league and I sent out trade flyers last night to the whole league, I shipped him to another team for Sammy Watkins

Even if he plays again I dont want to root for the guy. Hes a madman on the field (and we all love him for it), but apparently hes a madman off the field too.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different child. AP apparently has 7, quoting a former girlfriend: "to my knowledge, he takes care of them all".

I don't know what the domestic abuse police will roll out, but this is one where I'd like to let the legal system take its course and know what happens before judging.

Unless of course the videotape was rolling.

This is too important to leave up to the legal system. The league needs to handle this.

I think there is a very real chance peterson doesnt play for the whole year, maybe even longer. Those pictures are very incriminating. It doesnt matter if he "did not intend" to hurt the kid, he freakin went way overboard and what he did was child abuse. Just close your eyes for a minute and imagine yourself standing next to the kid as AP did this...Do you feel uncomfortable?

I owned AP in a dynasty FF league and I sent out trade flyers last night to the whole league, I shipped him to another team for Sammy Watkins

Even if he plays again I dont want to root for the guy. Hes a madman on the field (and we all love him for it), but apparently hes a madman off the field too.

Sarcasm aside, if people really gave a soft **** about his kids they'd want to see him punished in a way that doesn't compromise his earning ability.

PR nightmare for the Vikings. Regardless of what one might consider ok to do as a parent, those pics and texts are sickening IMO and I am sure many Vikings fans who held him up as a hero. I don't get how anyone can defend him, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and came from different backgrounds. It made me ill and they must be reeling that this guy is the face of their franchise.

PR nightmare for the Vikings. Regardless of what one might consider ok to do as a parent, those pics and texts are sickening IMO and I am sure many Vikings fans who held him up as a hero. I don't get how anyone can defend him, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and came from different backgrounds. It made me ill and they must be reeling that this guy is the face of their franchise.

No one will care in a year or two. Look at Rapelisberger

I'm not saying that it makes it, "okay" if AP got beat the same way, I'm saying it makes it different. Because it does.

You can say that AP should have known how it felt, but you know what? His life may have turned out completely different if he didn't get hit with a switch once or twice as a kid. He probably attributes it to making him a better person and helping him stay on the straight and narrow to make millions in the NFL.

Throughout this thread, you keep saying you are not justifying AP's actions, but then go on to try and justify his actions.

This is indefensible. He is a POS who abused a child. "Why" he did it is irrelevant. He did it. He should pay a legal and financial price for it.

Throughout this thread, you keep saying you are not justifying AP's actions, but then go on to try and justify his actions.

This is indefensible. He is a POS who abused a child. "Why" he did it is irrelevant. He did it. He should pay a legal and financial price for it.

I was with you up until you said financial price. That sounds short-sighted to me. Why take away from his ability to support his 7 kids?

I was with you up until you said financial price. That sounds short-sighted to me. Why take away from his ability to support his 7 kids?

I meant suspension. As for supporting his kids, if the NFL cut ties with him, I suppose he'd have to get another job and provide for them like the rest of the population.

Pictures are worth a thousand words! If those pictures fairly reflect the woopin this 4 year old took, ap is a criminal pure and simple. There is simply no justification for it. I can only image what was going through that 4 year olds mind and daddy was whooping him. Frankly, without down playing what rr did, this is just as bad if not worse. Did I say it yet the kid was 4 years old! The marks in the pictures are a week or so old- could you imagine the pain this kid experienced until the scabbed over? Disgusting. This guy has serious issues. Again, presuming the photos are an adequate representation.

It's a funny situation cause he has the history of himself having it done to him by his father. Centuries of raising children with hard discipline and then in the last decade we decide its not cool. AP has to realize the laws change and that raising kids has changed.

I meant suspension. As for supporting his kids, if the NFL cut ties with him, I suppose he'd have to get another job and provide for them like the rest of the population.

I guess I'm just a little confused as to the purpose for it. Sounds like you couldn't care less about the welfare of his kids, you just want to see him suffer regardless of the collateral damage.

Pictures are worth a thousand words! If those pictures fairly reflect the woopin this 4 year old took, ap is a criminal pure and simple. There is simply no justification for it. I can only image what was going through that 4 year olds mind and daddy was whooping him. Frankly, without down playing what rr did, this is just as bad if not worse. Did I say it yet the kid was 4 years old! The marks in the pictures are a week or so old- could you imagine the pain this kid experienced until the scabbed over? Disgusting. This guy has serious issues. Again, presuming the photos are an adequate representation.

I think it's clearly worse. Rices fiance is an adult who has some say in her situation. This child is helpless.

This is getting out of control. The NFL needs to set a policy and stick with it.

Either

A) You let them play until the court/legal system is done before suspending a player

or

B) You suspend them with pay once an indictment comes down, and re-address a suspension after the court/legal system is done.

The NFL is trying to be the judge and jury AS SOON as evidence comes out because the public pressure is too great. This invariably leads to huge errors. They need to figure out a way to let the legal system proceed with the process, and then react to the outcome.

well said.

I guess I'm just a little confused as to the purpose for it. Sounds like you couldn't care less about the welfare of his kids, you just want to see him suffer regardless of the collateral damage.

I absolute care about the welfare of all kids. My point is the fact he has 7 kids to support should not be a consideration when the league disciplines him.

I absolute care about the welfare of all kids. My point is the fact he has 7 kids to support should not be a consideration when the league disciplines him.

My point is that fans should be more responsible in what they demand. The NFL has no desire or reason to administer justice except to placate the low IQ fans that look at the league as a judicial system. If fans didn't demand ill-conceived discipline the league would be less likely to implement it.

Edit: And protecting kids from child abuse by unnecessarily hindering their parents ability to earn a living is perverse.

Edited by Rob's House

One of the strongest athletes went "a bit" overboard when he beat his child with a weapon?

You can try to link this to the evils of participation trophies if you want, but that's not a valid connection. What's valid is that our culture has at least evolved beyond the acceptability of adult men needing to repeatedly hit their children and draw blood to discipline them.

How you got any impression of his intent is beyond me. What he did was flat wrong, very wrong, no matter what his intent. Clearly his intent It's not like he struck him one time and went a little too hard. There are marks all over the kid that show he was hit many times. The only way AP looks OK in this story is if the photos are fabricated or someone else beat him.

I'm with Bill. Scumbag and goodbye NFL career.

I Totally agree JA... Well said.

Now... What if he starts wrapping The Bible all into mess? A switch? I am not disparging The Bible... But is he a "thumper?" You gotta be kidding that he actually went out and found a stick to hit his 4 year old... If he starts throwing "Spare the rod" verse in here... This will get even crazier...

He could set up a trust fund for each kid not allowed to be touched by anyone. Like a mil each that they can't touch until they're 18