A fascinating bit of conjecture re: Ralph's plans for the team

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Bills fan should read that.

I'm not sure if the true story is quite as dramatic as the author makes it out to be, but there is no question that Mr. Wilson kept his word to WNY, and then some. He knew exactly what he was doing in getting that lease pushed through, and I shake my head in disbelief at people who still refuse to give him his due credit.

I want to believe every word of it - how Ralph realized the other owners would accept things that they did not understand and used that against them to basically trick them into accepting something that would forbid everything they all wanted...

Every Bills fan should read that.

I'm not sure if the true story is quite as dramatic as the author makes it out to be, but there is no question that Mr. Wilson kept his word to WNY, and then some. He knew exactly what he was doing in getting that lease pushed through, and I shake my head in disbelief at people who still refuse to give him his due credit.

Agreed. Every Bills fan needs to read this. One of the best articles I've read!

I wouldn't take it too literally but from a 10k foot view he is right on. Everything was structured in a manner to secure the team in WNY. There was not some secret ploy to deceive other owners and they didn't have some secret plan to move the team. The reality is that they don't really have too much of a say what happens to the Bills. RW left the team in a position to remain in WNY based on the steps that he took along the way (lease, trust, etc...).

As Kirby alluded to above, this is a good story from a distance (I'm saying that based on his comment...I have no 'sources.'). However, it seems like Good old Ralph was a bit craftier than folks like to believe. He certainly had a plan and this is probably a good outline.

In that thought, how cool would it be for someone to read the linked post (or something similar) at the end of Ralph's ceremony on Sunday? Somebody with a little passion and flare that knows how to build drama and play a crowd. The place would erupt at the end. I'm sure the NFL wouldn't like it...but they've got enough on their plate right now.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

I wouldn't take it too literally but from a 10k foot view he is right on. Everything was structured in a manner to secure the team in WNY. There was not some secret ploy to deceive other owners and they didn't have some secret plan to move the team. The reality is that they don't really have too much of a say what happens to the Bills. RW left the team in a position to remain in WNY based on the steps that he took along the way (lease, trust, etc...).

I thought that was clearly obvious. I don't know why people need to make up theories that debunk something plain & clear.