Beware Knowshon Moreno

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this logic, 5 of the Patriots front 7 played college ball in the south, in fact both DTs and all 3 LBs. Why would they all of the sudden have issues with playing in the heat? They all seemed to do just fine playing in the heat in college. Wilfork, Mayo, Collins, Hightower, Easley all excelled in playing in the heat. Now they're vulnerable to it? Players having trouble in snow I get, but a player who has trouble playing in 90 degree weather makes no sense unless that player doesn't know how to hydrate.

Where they played ball last year means nothing. Every year, it takes time to acclimate. As a southerner, personally speaking, the first 90 degree day of summer can be miserable. By the time September gets here, 90 degrees is relatively comfortable. Varied with humid vs arid days, and it's a whole new equation. Had they just been through training camp in 100 degree weather in Boston?

My point is, just because those guys have played in those conditions in the past does not mean they are prepared for it now.

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

Its because of the up tempo fast paced style run by the OC Bill Lazor. Bill is a product of the Chip Kelly system, and Chip always had league leading rushing teams. This game really has me worried because of not enough film on Lazor himself.

its actually pretty similar to the Bills offense which the D has been practicing against for months

He got 91 of his 134 yards in the 2nd half, after the Pats defense was worn down by the heat.

That's exactly what I saw in the 96 degree heat with a heat index of 109 degrees. Miami has the advantage in these games as they practice in it every day.

One of my sons also follows Denver as he loves Manning. Moreno is a good back, but he's no AP or Jamal Charles.

I don't understand this logic, 5 of the Patriots front 7 played college ball in the south, in fact both DTs and all 3 LBs. Why would they all of the sudden have issues with playing in the heat? They all seemed to do just fine playing in the heat in college. Wilfork, Mayo, Collins, Hightower, Easley all excelled in playing in the heat. Now they're vulnerable to it? Players having trouble in snow I get, but a player who has trouble playing in 90 degree weather makes no sense unless that player doesn't know how to hydrate.

It's all what you're used to. If you're used to playing in cold, cold shouldn't bother you. If you're used to heat, heat shouldn't bother you. But once you lose your acclimatization, being from that area doesn't protect you. Lots of Bay Area wimps who hail from Nebraska and put on a down parka when it's 56 degrees now. Lots of Southern guys and gals who head for A/C when it's 88

wait, belichick is a GENIUS right? so losing couldn't have been from him getting out adjusted at halftime, having his team undisciplined and making tons of penalties, alienating his stud run stopper last year and failing to give his HOF qb legit targets?

its plenty warm and humid in Boston in the summer. They didn't lose because of the friggin heat. they were outcoached, outprepared and outplayed.

I wonder how many of the posters here actually watched the MIA-NE game? I telling you what I observed and that is that this kid is really good and Buffalo better be ready for him. Yes, NE was weak in the middle AND Tom Brady had an off day, but we need to contain Knowshon.

I watched it, and I agree he is very good. I would not say he is better than Matt Forte.

I think it's quite simple. Your body adjusts. I've lived all over the place and within month's I've adjusted, temperature wise, to where I was living. For example, I lived in Los Angeles, which is dry heat, when I went home to Buffalo occasionally, the humidity killed me and I would sweat, a lot.

These guys have been practising and training in New England, where the heat and humidity might not be nearly as high as in South Florida. It's almost like how the Bronco's have home advantage when team's travel to Denver. I'm sure there are players who are from Denver or higher altitudes, but struggle when they travel there for a game. Maybe the effects don't show right away, but they do over time.

This.

Jeffries>Hartline

I think you watched the comeback DVD one too many times :P

but we need to contain Knowshon.

That is true no matter what. I feel better about us stopping the run this year, than I did the last few. Moreno, Wallace, Wake need to be contained.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

It's all what you're used to. If you're used to playing in cold, cold shouldn't bother you. If you're used to heat, heat shouldn't bother you. But once you lose your acclimatization, being from that area doesn't protect you. Lots of Bay Area wimps who hail from Nebraska and put on a down parka when it's 56 degrees now. Lots of Southern guys and gals who head for A/C when it's 88

You guys are crazy.

We're talking about professional athletes here.

Summers in New England are hot and humid at low altitude. Going down to play in Miami after spending summer training camp in NE is not a big deal, especially for a pro athlete.

It's just an excuse.

You guys are crazy.

We're talking about professional athletes here.

Summers in New England are hot and humid at low altitude. Going down to play in Miami after spending summer training camp in NE is not a big deal, especially for a pro athlete.

It's just an excuse.

maybe, but Revis was off the field for awhile dealing with cramping.

maybe, but Revis was off the field for awhile dealing with cramping.

That's not the weather's fault. My point is that the Miami summer heat is not an insurmountable foe. It shouldn't take anyone by surprise. Plenty of northern teams go down there and beat up on those Florida teams. Revis, Wilfork, and all of them have experience in it. Miami beat them up, so they're making excuses.

wait, belichick is a GENIUS right? so losing couldn't have been from him getting out adjusted at halftime, having his team undisciplined and making tons of penalties, alienating his stud run stopper last year and failing to give his HOF qb legit targets?

its plenty warm and humid in Boston in the summer. They didn't lose because of the friggin heat. they were outcoached, outprepared and outplayed.

I live in eastern Mass, not far from Boston, and work in central Mass, not far from Foxborough. The summer here this year never came close to the type of conditions they were playing in at Miami. We rarely got into the nineties, and the heat index didn't approach 100 more than once or twice all summer.

That's not the weather's fault. My point is that the Miami summer heat is not an insurmountable foe. It shouldn't take anyone by surprise. Plenty of northern teams go down there and beat up on those Florida teams. Revis, Wilfork, and all of them have experience in it. Miami beat them up, so they're making excuses.

It IS an excuse. But I haven't heard the Pats using it.

Fair enough. I was kind of hoping the players were using it. That would be a bad sign for them.

Given the Pats are 6-7 in Miami, and Miami has been mostly no better than the Bills, the heat and humidity must be a factor. It can't be the crowd noise.