My preview of the Dolphins game

Lothar

So, your bold prediction that Miami will "show their dominance" after halftime is the result of one performance a week ago, in the sweltering heat of Miami, against a team from the northeast? Got it.

This Sunday's forecast is mid 60s. In Orchard Park. And the stands will actually be filled with screaming fans.

I see that you're trying to engage in a well-intentioned discussion/debate over this week's game, but the justification for your confidence is dubious at best.

Nobody is saying the Bills will rout the Fish; there is respect for their defensive line and how hard/well they played last week. I think you significantly discount the talent level in the Bills locker room, however. Here's a secret -- other than at QB, the Bills have a much better roster than the Patriots.*

I think you'll be willing to at least agree that "better" is a subjective term.

I think with our current defensive roster, with all three starting LBs out again this week, and our starting safety out with Starks also possibly out, I'll give you the better defensive roster by a nice margin. Although I will say I'm fond of our cornerbacks. Not sure you guys have a guy as good as Grimes, and Finnegan is playing at his former pro bowl level it seems.

Offensively, I would go with the Phins as the "better" squad, but again it's all subjective and we are blatantly biased from both sides. Would you really be willing to claim that your WR1 (Woods, presumably) is better than Wallace? Watkins very well may be down the road, but he's not proven enough to make that claim for him yet.

Edited by finfanfromrochester

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll be willing to at least agree that "better" is a subjective term.

I think with our current defensive roster, with all three starting LBs out again this week, and our starting safety out with Starks also possibly out, I'll give you the better defensive roster by a nice margin. Although I will say I'm fond of our cornerbacks. Not sure you guys have a guy as good as Grimes, and Finnegan is playing at his former pro bowl level it seems.

Offensively, I would go with the Phins as the "better" squad, but again it's all subjective and we are blatantly biased from both sides. Would you really be willing to claim that your WR1 (Woods, presumably) is better than Wallace? Watkins very well may be down the road, but he's not proven enough to make that claim for him yet.

watkins is our #1 WR. Woods is 2.

WR corps are not even CLOSE in my opinion. Are you saying that Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and whoever is better that Watkins, Woods, Williams and Goodwin? Crazy. Clay is a little scary though...

Hartline is a thousand yard receiver the past 2 years. Woods went for 587 last year with only about 1 yard per catch more than Hartline. Woods has a higher upside ultimately than Hartline, but if you're going by what you've done in this league, then Wallace/Hartline are better than your 1/2.

But like I said, they very well could be a better combo down the road, but in this league you've got to prove yourself.

Hartline is a thousand yard receiver the past 2 years. Woods went for 587 last year with only about 1 yard per catch more than Hartline. Woods has a higher upside ultimately than Hartline, but if you're going by what you've done in this league, then Wallace/Hartline are better than your 1/2.

But like I said, they very well could be a better combo down the road, but in this league you've got to prove yourself.

If I wanted to tweak ya a bit, I could say:

"but don't you have to prove yourself every year in this league? Last year don't mean nothin' yo!"

The reference of course would be to last week, where Woods matched Wallace's performance (outside of getting in the end zone) and each of Buffalo's other 2 WRs caught more balls for more yards than Hartline.

Of course, that doesn't mean anything either; just another way of saying how much about this early-season matchup we don't know.

There is not one GM in the league that would take Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, and Jarvis Nobody, for Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Mike Williams, and Marquise Goodwin.

The WR corps of the Bills is just flat better, even if Watkins is a rookie.

Say what you will about the rest of them, but Jarvis Landry is going to be a superstar. Biggest steal of the draft in my opinion.

I just wish we weren't using him as our return man.

Say what you will about the rest of them, but Jarvis Landry is going to be a superstar. Biggest steal of the draft in my opinion.

I just wish we weren't using him as our return man.

Sounds like the Miami roster is flushed with guys who are going to be great.

You sound like me talking about Angleo Crowell in 2007.

Sounds like the Miami roster is flushed with guys who are going to be great.

You sound like me talking about Angleo Crowell in 2007.

It's not just me. The whole organization sees this guy as the face of the franchise down the road. He's got the ultimate "never give up" mentality, that's for sure. That was proven way back at the combine after he pulled his hamstring but refused to take himself out of the drills.

It's not just me. The whole organization sees this guy as the face of the franchise down the road. He's got the ultimate "never give up" mentality, that's for sure. That was proven way back at the combine after he pulled his hamstring but refused to take himself out of the drills.

Sure.

So he's not very bright?

So his greatest achievement so far is a pulled hamstring? This guy has superstar written all over him!!

And yes, I know who he is, and no, he is very unlikely to be a superstar. He has some talent.

Joe@BuffaloWins 24m

Players who sacked Tannehill last year: Mario Williams (3), Jerry Hughes (1), Nickell Robey (2), Kyle Williams (2), & Da'Norris Searcy (1)

So anyway, with all the backup LBs in, and the safeties are relative unknowns, I guess that will leave the middle of the field open for Chandler to not catch the ball all day. Fantastic stuff.

Come on Chandler!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Joe@BuffaloWins 24m

Players who sacked Tannehill last year: Mario Williams (3), Jerry Hughes (1), Nickell Robey (2), Kyle Williams (2), & Da'Norris Searcy (1)

So anyway, with all the backup LBs in, and the safeties are relative unknowns, I guess that will leave the middle of the field open for Chandler to not catch the ball all day. Fantastic stuff.

Come on Chandler!

Those relative unknown safeties are going to be superstars. Perennial all-pros. You wait and see.

So his greatest achievement so far is a pulled hamstring? This guy has superstar written all over him!!

And yes, I know who he is, and no, he is very unlikely to be a superstar. He has some talent.

Hopefully you'll get a glimpse of him this weekend. Doesn't sound like you guys are as convinced as the Dolphins organization, but skepticism in this league is generally warranted, so I won't argue further.

Edited by finfanfromrochester

Hopefully you'll get a glimpse of him this weekend. Doesn't sound like you guys are as convinced as the Dolphins organization, but skepticism in this league is generally warranted, so I won't argue further.

I remember when he Dolphins organization was convinced of Ted Ginn Jr.'s ability to return punts.

I think Jarvis Landry is really good. Maybe not future HOFer like you said yesterday, but you never know! The Bills have helped lots of WRs look like HOFers and he will play them a lot! He is 5'11 and runs a 4.77 though (or was that with the hammy). He had a nice PR in the PS. Probably just as good as Beckham.

So is there anyone on your team you don't love? For example, there are lots of players on the Bills who we hate. Well, not really hate, but you know what I mean.

Edited by YoloinOhio