FCC to end black outs it's a done deal, breaking news

17 Josh Allen

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/09/fcc-chairman-says-theyll-vote-sept-30-to-kill-blackout-rule/

The NFL is not having a very good couple of days.

In an op-ed written for USA Today, Federal Communications Commission chairman Tom Wheeler said that the agency would vote on Sept. 30 to kill the television blackout rule which the league has fought to protect.

“With the first weekend of professional football in the books, two things should be abundantly clear,” Wheeler wrote. “The NFL is king; and the Federal Communication Commission’s sports blackout rules are obsolete and have to go.”

are we dreaming oh what a day.

Edited by billsareback

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no it's not. I don't agree this thread is about a pending vote that will end NFL blackouts

and the FCC head is going to vote to end blackouts. it deserves it's own thread.

the other thread was not about a pending

vote. this is current up to date info

that needs it's own thread.

Edited by billsareback

Wouldn't that be awesome. But, I suspect the NFL would still find a way.

'

Eh, the NFL really doesn't care at this point. How much are the actually losing if games aren't blacked out? Pennies compared to their TV contract. Besides every Bills game will sell out from now on.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Good news for us Bills fans in the Syracuse/Utica markets who are blacked out due to a piece of land in Yates County that is less than 1 acre in size. It takes me 3 hours to get to RWS and I am subjected to "local" blackout rules.

I get blacked out on the NFL Network when the "local" station is carrying the game by my cable provider. But I live in Pittsburgh, so I'm not sure why I'm lumped into the Bills zone. Missed the preseason game b/c of this.

yes after the vote at the end of the month

black outs will end.

yes if they vote and it passes the black outs are over. the commissioner who controls the vote says

he is voting to end it. it's over

did you even read the article. this is new info

on the black outs ending and it's just a matter

of taking the vote. sort of like Terry Pegula

getting approved by the nfl owners.