Week 2: Dolphins' Game Preparation

26CornerBlitz

Forte had to operate last season behind the Bears less than stellar OL. He has for several years been a great all around RB who does well in every phase of the game. He's a stud.

Their line is underrated if you ask me. Allowed just 30 sacks - I know Trestman changed the offense to get the ball out of Cutler's hands quick but according to Marrone, the reason we really didn't send all out blitzes at the Bears is they did well against blitzing fronts last year. Forte is a stud but continuity and consistency from the Bears front is definitely a part of their running game's success.

Edited by Lothar

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is indeed. But, I've never been as impressed with Moreno as I was last Sunday. Not that I've paid a lot of attention to him until this season. And, maybe Miami's OL is better than I'm giving them credit.

The Putrids missed multiple tackles on just about every play. You have to give some credit to Moreno for running hard, but my impression was that NE pretty much sucked. At least half of Moreno's yards came on missed tackles.

Doug Marrone: "We Have To Keep Our Guys Fresh" <4:15>

Head Coach Doug Marrone on the growth of Robert Woods and utilizing depth at various positions in order to keep players fresh.

Stephon Gilmore: "I Feel a Lot Better" <4:20>

The Bills cornerback talks about the possibility of playing this week, his reaction to the sale of the franchise, and eliminating the big plays against the Dolphins.

Mike Williams: Expecting Sunday "to be crazy" <2:20>

Bills WR Mike Williams talks about the upcoming home opener, the hype surrounding it, and his thoughts on the recent ownership news.

Sammy Watkins: "I Expect it to be Crazy" <0:58>

The Bills wide receiver talks about his first regular season game at Ralph Wilson Stadium, and what's the next step for the passing game

9/11: Bills' Updated Injury Report

He is indeed. But, I've never been as impressed with Moreno as I was last Sunday. Not that I've paid a lot of attention to him until this season. And, maybe Miami's OL is better than I'm giving them credit.

The NE defense isn't as good as people think. Wilfork is nowhere near as good as he used to be and he was a key to their run defense. They're going to miss Spikes being in the middle as well. Moreno is a pretty good back, but he's not in the class of Forte IMO.

Kyle Williams: "We're ready for the challenge" <1:50>

Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams talks about going up against an unfamiliar Dolphin offensive line and the challenge of their power running backs.

Wood: Dolphins Defense "can make some big plays" <1:21>

Bills center Eric Wood discusses the challenge of facing Miami's defensive front and the confidence he has in his offensive line teammates.

Miami DE Vernon knows Seantrel well

Miami DE Olivier Vernon had 11.5 sacks last year. He won’t square off against his former college teammate Seantrel Henderson Sunday, they’ll be on opposite sides of the formation, but Vernon still believes he’s one of the most athletically gifted big men he’s ever come across.

Dolphins LBs still sidelined

Aaron does more in practice

Aaron Williams, who was limited in practice Wednesday with a concussion, was also limited in practice Thursday, but did more according to head coach Doug Marrone.

Is Bradham going to be much of an upgrade to Preston Brown? Bradham hasn't gotten a lot of love from this forum during the offseason. And, Brown had a pretty good game last Sunday, IMO.

Brown has good potential, but IMO he looked like a rookie out there last week. He was a step behind on many plays. Based on his play in camp and preseason, Bradham is ready to hit his stride as an NFL linebacker. We may yet see Brown start on the strong side if Rivers doesn't suit up.

Is Bradham going to be much of an upgrade to Preston Brown? Bradham hasn't gotten a lot of love from this forum during the offseason. And, Brown had a pretty good game last Sunday, IMO.

I've been Bradham's harshest critic since his rookie year and going into the offseason he was considered a fringe player by the staff. They challenged him and he responded. He was a fixture in the building all offseason and became a film junkie. The result has been his best camp to date. I do think he's an upgrade over Brown who, while having a couple nice moments, really looked like a rookie against the Bears, especially his tackling. It was atrocious. But with Rivers out, it doesn't matter if Bradham is an upgrade or not as Brown will have to start anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

Brown has good potential, but IMO he looked like a rookie out there last week. He was a step behind on many plays. Based on his play in camp and preseason, Bradham is ready to hit his stride as an NFL linebacker. We may yet see Brown start on the strong side if Rivers doesn't suit up.

Randell Johnson is behind Rivers on the depth chart. I have no impression of him at all, other than that he is the largest LB we've got.

I've been Bradham's harshest critic since his rookie year and going into the offseason he was considered a fringe player by the staff. They challenged him and he responded. He was a fixture in the building all offseason and became a film junkie. The result has been his best camp to date. I do think he's an upgrade over Brown who, while having a couple nice moments, really looked like a rookie against the Bears, especially his tackling. It was atrocious. But with Rivers out, it doesn't matter if Bradham is an upgrade or not as Brown will have to start anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

What about Randell Johnson?

Randell Johnson is behind Rivers on the depth chart. I have no impression of him at all, other than that he is the largest LB we've got.

You can't go strictly by the depth chart, Brown is definitely in at SLB if Rivers is out. If you go by the depth chart, Kouandjio is the backup at RT and there's no way he sees the field anytime soon.

Coach Philbin Previews Bills Game <7:54>

Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin meets with reporters in Davie for the final time before Sunday's AFC East battle against the Bills. Hear Philbin provide an overview of the Bills offense and also discuss some of the key elements for the Dolphins to get their first win against the Bills since 2012.

Ryan Tannehill preps for nemesis Bills

Miami Dolphins third-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill owns career wins over Tom Brady and the New England Patriots, Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts and even Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks.

But, surprisingly, the one team Tannehill has struggled most against throughout his NFL career is the Buffalo Bills. Tannehill is 1-3 against Buffalo, completing just 48 percent of his passes in those four games and averaging only 136.7 yards per contest.

Tannehill’s most recent outing against Buffalo was arguably his worst game. He was 10-of-27 passing for 82 yards in a 19-0 loss to the Bills in Week 16.

Stop trying to make me so damned hopeful! I can't handle it!

:lol: You'll get used to it.

Aaron Williams' head injury termed 'MTBI'

Buffalo Bills safety Aaron Williams, who left Sunday's victory over the Chicago Bears with concussion-like symptoms, was listed on Thursday's injury report with what the team termed a mild traumatic brain injury, or MTBI.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz