Eating a nice dish of crow

Pfffffffft!

No fowl food for me. Our QB is every bit the Dog I've BEEN convinced he is. Can he throw a football better than you or me? Of course. Otherwise, all the Bills brass should be incarcerated for being imposters. But, he's been surrounded by NFL competency, who routinely made up for his inaccuracy and cluelessness with marvelous catches that bordered incredible.

When the Bills went into their patented 'We must find a way to lose' mode', throughout the 3rd and into the 4th quarter, THAT's where yerBoy shined, doing everything in his witless powers to hand the game over to Chicago. The other 52 players decided they weren't havin' it anymore, dug deep and pulled it out -in spite of Manuel's stark inabilities.

His lifelong lack of Touchdown inexperience was pathetically on display with his immature bootleg TD celebration and behind the LOS pass that CJ took to the house.

Act like ya been there! -even though you haven't.

Thrilling Opening Day victory on the road! But, our QB will eventually be needed and this guy doesn't have it. Not only did nothing change for me on him today, everything I feared was bore out.

Celebrating, anyway!

Absolutely shameful.

Seriously.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His lifelong lack of Touchdown inexperience was pathetically on display with his immature bootleg TD celebration and behind the LOS pass that CJ took to the house.

Well, he made two of them happen today, so give him some time, sparky. I want to give you the BOD that you're actually a big Manuel fan going full crayonz on us, FWIW. ;)

Biggest thing is that the tab was able to overcome mental errors and huge difference in penalties.

Schwartz answered a lot of questions. It's the good side of Jauron ball, keep it close to the end and hope the offense provides enough to squeeze out a win.

EJ did a fine job managing the win, but needs to get the ball down before he gets someone killed.

Happy with the end result, bring on the fish.

Oh, I'm not devouring the crow tar-tar just yet... This is a team that started 4-0 a few years back, and then IMPLODED like no other team I've sen before or since... What I WILL say is that things went better than expected today. That's the absolute truth. Go Bills.

Pfffffffft!

No fowl food for me. Our QB is every bit the Dog I've BEEN convinced he is. Can he throw a football better than you or me? Of course. Otherwise, all the Bills brass should be incarcerated for being imposters. But, he's been surrounded by NFL competency, who routinely made up for his inaccuracy and cluelessness with marvelous catches that bordered incredible.

When the Bills went into their patented 'We must find a way to lose' mode', throughout the 3rd and into the 4th quarter, THAT's where yerBoy shined, doing everything in his witless powers to hand the game over to Chicago. The other 52 players decided they weren't havin' it anymore, dug deep and pulled it out -in spite of Manuel's stark inabilities.

Thrilling Opening Day victory on the road! But, our QB will eventually be needed and this guy doesn't have it. Not only did nothing change for me on him today, everything I feared was bore out.

Celebrating, anyway!

you are being sarcastic, right?

Pfffffffft!

Celebrating, anyway!

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Yesterday's game was a big win...but it was just "one" win...that said, EJ was about as I had hoped him to be: not great, but solid and efficient on most throws as even Marrone said the INT was a "bad decision", but I won't hold one "bad decision" against a QB, especially a young and still developing one...what I was most encouraged about was his poise after the failed opening series and then coming in, on the road in a place the BILLS had never won, and orchestrating a TD drive...that showed growth in my mind. Also, I think it was 3rd and 2, and he throws a nice pass to Woods on the right sideline, and yes it was a little behind him, but not every throw has to be perfect. In fact, how many times have we lauded other WR efforts to help a young QB out as adjusts to the game?? Often if my memory serves me correctly...the run game was pretty solid, emphatically stamped by FJAX's run in OT...also, I liked seeing various WRs get the ball in key situations, Woods, MW, and Watkins once...that also meant to me EJ is learning to go through progressions, he's not there yet but I didn't expect him to be - I just expected him to be *better* and in many ways he looked it yesterday. I'm not ready to don my EJ Tin Foil cap just yet, but I am encouraged by his performance and that of the Offense overall...also, Defensively, McKelvin looks to be the Nickel Corner on this team and not Graham...when Gilmore comes back, it would appear Gilmore and Graham are the better outside Corners and McKelvin the better slot corner, IMHO....plus, I'm not sure Brown hasn't earned a spot in the starting LB core, even when Bradham returns...all in all, I think I understood the Defensive plan, especially after the first TD drive by the Bears: keep it in front of us, let them get yards if we have to, but don't get beat deep and tackle when you meet the guy with the ball....I didn't see much blitzing, but I truly believe that was more due to the fact of Jeffrey and Marshall for much of the game and Schwartz not wanting to leave them 1-on-1 and hope the front 4 could get some push, and many times they did...Sentreal Henderson looked decent, but his Rookie colors were showing and I'm concerned about Cameron Wake for next week, otherwise I think he was about as good as a Rookie RT can be expected, again IMHO....

On an off note, for all my EJ doubts and reservations and concerns I spouted during the Pre Season, I am more than willing to start an EJ Apology thread if after 8 games, during their bye week, EJ continues to play just at this level and the BILLS have a winning record or if they're losing but EJ has played very well....and another one at the end of the season for the same reasons with the same theme....you can put it on record, I will start the thread and offer my heavy, dry dose of crow to eat at that point re: EJ's play....but let's be clear, I never said EJ was a "bust" or would never amount to a good QB, but I absolutely did say I had my doubts about his ability *this* season, so based on his play and to some extent the BILLS record, I will start that thread and any others that would like to chime-in feel free at that point, and if it's a single and lone post, I'm good with that too...either way, I will publicly acknowledge my mistake and truthfully, I sincerely, desperately hope to start that thread on the Monday morning after their week 8 game, October 26th, against the JETS...now, let's see the BILLS put the Dolphins in a can and eat 'em for lunch!

Yea, I am in this club. The coaching staff and especially EJ proved me wrong yesterday. I have pretty much been a giant !@#$ over the last few weeks on this board, so I will own up to it. I just love this team with all my heart and the last decade has been rough.

There is still a long way to go but I believe this division is up for grabs and I believe we have more talent on our roster than the other teams in our division. Let's get it done this year and shock the football world. GO BILLS!!!

I thought they were sunk. Almost no positive signs going into the opener. Then the 1st 2 series.... OMG the Browns are going to be given #1 overall.

They looked very good though. A lot of guys did their jobs well and the sum was a tough road win. EJ looked so much better than games in hostile environments in 2013 (save maybe the Browns game).

Still a long ways to go though. Kind of an "unsustainable" win as the board coined it aided by nailing the turnover conversions. Still did a lot good though. Im very happy this morning and ecstatic looking at next Sunday's opener now.

Honest question: Are Mods exempt from the TOS regarding crusading? We've got one here who either hates all things from Tallahassee or must have lost a bet on or a girlfriend to EJ. Either way, IMHO he's coming across as a first class jerk and I for one am tired of it. Oh well, guess that's what the ignore button is for.

I thought they were sunk. Almost no positive signs going into the opener. Then the 1st 2 series.... OMG the Browns are going to be given #1 overall.

They looked very good though. A lot of guys did their jobs well and the sum was a tough road win. EJ looked so much better than games in hostile environments in 2013 (save maybe the Browns game).

Still a long ways to go though. Kind of an "unsustainable" win as the board coined it aided by nailing the turnover conversions. Still did a lot good though. Im very happy this morning and ecstatic looking at next Sunday's opener now.

But to be fair, and you can read my own statements of reservations just a few posts above, that's what *good* teams do: they capitalize on the turnovers and make the opposing team pay for their mistake...b/c when you look at most NFL games, the Wins and Losses are generally divided by just a few key plays....I don't think it's "unsustainable", in fact I think what it does is highlight the difference between this team did yesterday and what they have not been able to do over the last few years: make turnovers into points, specifically TDs...now, if the BILLS can continue to do what they did yesterday by making the turnovers count, that's a legitimate concern in my mind....