I think you MIGHT see Kyle Orton today

HOUSE

I am strongly behind EJ Manuel but if he struggles badly, I guarantee Doug Marrone won't ride out the storm.

Anyway, the Bills need a WIN here to be taken seriously around the NFL.

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am strongly behind EJ Manuel but if he struggles badly, I guarantee Doug Marrone won't ride out the storm.

If Orton comes in, it's probably for the rest of the season. I don't think Marrone presses that button on day 1.

Also, Orton's command of the playbook must still be pretty limited. Even though he's a veteran, he'd probably enter the game with a dozen or so plays in his back pocket.

The only way Orton comes in today is if EJ is injured. Marrone has preached that he was behind EJ 110%. That would not send a very good message if he pulled him halfway through the first game. Of course that is just my opinion

You do realize what Marrone got into a heated argument with director of player personnel Jim Monos about, don't you? The potential of the Orton signing damaging EJ's fragile confidence. Pulling EJ in the first week of the season would destroy that. It's not going to happen no matter how badly he plays.

Edited by earthtobrint

If Marrone pulls EJ, it would have to have been a disaster game. I don't see that in the forecast. I see the Bills putting up 24 points on the board and Chicago's crappy defense being a confidence builder for EJ. These aren't Lovie and Urlacher's Bears.

You do realize what Marrone got into a heated argument with director of player personnel Jim Monos about, don't you? The potential of the Orton signing damaging EJ's fragile confidence. Pulling EJ in the first week of the season would destroy that. It's not going to happen no matter how badly he plays.

I sincerely hope you are right but the Bills need to beat the freaking Bears.

Joe B said it best, once EJ is pulled, the project is done. I doubt Marrone will use that card the first week of the season. And I concur with his assessment. I think that once EJ is demoted and Orton is called the starter they should give up on EJ as the starter (and I'm an EJ homer).

Edited by The Wiz

Perhaps my definition of "strongly" differs greatly from yours but I don't think somebody who is truly "strongly" behind the starting QB starts this thread.