Buffalo News Today

Casey D

You continually choose to look at everything through a negative scope. You're so remarkably jaded, that you're trying to make me feel guilty for rooting for the Bills and having hope.

Why are you here?

You are entitled to your opinion about the poster you commented on. But I consider him to be fair-minded and accurate in describing the state of the franchise. If you read his posts more carefully you will realize that he sees that the seeds of success are in place. He believes, as I do, that with a more committed owner this organization will turn the corner and enter the ranks of relevancy.

Edited by JohnC

I'll address the other article that OP brought up.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're going to invest time and energy, and derive entertainment value from a combat sport, then you can't really shy away from hearing about the negative effects that the sport has on the players.

Just to play devils advocate Sage...why does it need to be opening day? I have an argument why at all, but I don't want to derail the thread.

I don't read the news much and stay away from clicking Jerry and Bucky even more. Thank God Sunday is here, GO BILLS!

Same here. A synopsis of Jerry's writing: "think I'll write about how bad the bills will be on saturday so when I'm right on sunday I can write the same article and toot my own horn at the same time."

Bucky just hates the sabres to which I don't know why they keep him on as their journalist.

It's Gameday, and I am fired up. Got the uni on and heading to the first gathering of a brand-new Backers chapter I founded last week. There are a surprising number of Bills fans coming considering that we're in the heart of Redskins territory (Lynchburg, VA). My three kids are in their unis: Gilmore, M. Williams, and K. Williams. I've been a fan for a long time, and Opening Day is like Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas rolled into one. That said, if I offend anyone's delicate sensibilities with the following, I apologize.

F the News. F Sullivan. F all the Rochester and Syracuse writers who piled on the doom and gloom. F all the Negative Nancies who've followed this team for ten minutes and are calling for...well, anyone's head. Yeah, fourteen years is a long time and it makes me mad, too. But the people who jump off the bandwagon and act as though they're entitled...well, F them, too. I am a fan, and I am entitled to my opinion, but at the end of the day, I'm giving the football experts a chance to prove if they know what they're doing. If they do, we go to the playoffs. If they don't, we go 15 seasons and they get fired.

Time for EJ, CJ, FredEx, the Williams boyz, and Marrone to make a statement.

GO BILLS!!!

Just to play devils advocate Sage...why does it need to be opening day? I have an argument why at all, but I don't want to derail the thread.

For one, it's when the most people are thinking about football.

Personally, I think that the players make their own choices to play. They have agency. But when a multi-billion industry is motored by guys who are willingly lopping off a third of their lives, it's a relevant story and journalists who cover sports are obligated to pay it mind.

NOTE: I've yet to read the article (though I will now) and moreover I don't think of Bucky Gleason as some intrepid ace reporter. I'm speaking mostly on principle.

B News predicts 34-10 Bears and I can buy into that. Got a bad feeling about today, we won't match up well

Bucky's got a long article on NFL players and drug addiction and life expectancy being 54 years for NFL players.

BS. By that sampling half the team from the 80's would be dead now. Other than Kent Hull who else is there?

Carucci will lighten things up when he arrives in town. Truthfully, I've stopped reading Sully.

But the bottom line, as always, is that the Bills need to start winning. Can't expect the local rag to print rainbows and sunshine for what has been a 14-year train wreck.

No one says everything has to be unicorns farting rainbows. But all Sully and Bucky know how to do is depress people.

It hit me yesterday why the News is bringing Carucci back. The Bills won't talk to any of their reporters. Somebody posted a link to a new Bills writer at Syracuse.com and that guy has some great stuff, like the one on Whaley and the draft.

That's the kind of piece the Buffalo News can't write anymore because they've burned all their bridges with the Bills and Sabres.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sully has a line about how people in an organization use national media to trash each other. What he fails to note is how none of these big stories have been broken by Buffalo reporters. Maybe there should be some hot seats at the BN too?

EDIT: Promo and I must be on the same wavelength. Communicating with Rocketship 7, no doubt.

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)

The sully article was just plain stupid.

Just plain garbage from Sully. Don't usually bother, but I had to see what he'd come up with all this optimism thanks to LaCanfora.

So he basically espouses the brilliance of offensive mastermind Marc Trestman. If Brandon and company had hired a CFL guy after Chan, he'd have lambasted them.

And I'd hope that having Cutler at the controls is part of the reason Trestman's O lit up the stat sheet compared with the greenhorn a rookie like Marrone had.

Columnist-wise, it's just a fishwrap and little else.

If you're reading Sullivan you need to stop for your own sanity. Seriously. Life becomes better when you stop with things that aren't valuable, in all parts of your life. Why anyone would want to read the opinion of an angry, aggressive, miserable, out-of-touch writer is beyond me? Who is the guy? Why does HIS opinion matter? And what does his opinion do for you? I used to laugh listening to his blood pressure get up over the most irrelevant topics on the radio. I guess I'd be miserable too working in a dying media format in a declining bottom 50 market but I'd have enough professionalism to not let it come out in my work.

So stop, everyone here is smart enough (maybe?) to form their own opinions on what they see on the field.

Yes the team deserves every bit of criticism, after all the truth hurts. However they didn't need to "Run up the score" on Kick off Sunday Morning.

I certainly wasn't expecting a ray of sunshine, but they could have easily run their "Stories" on Friday..... Just my opinion.

Anyways..... to quote Lou Brown From Major League "I'm one for wasting sports writers time! So what do say we go out there and give em a nice big $h!* Burger To eat!"

LETS GO!!! BUFFALO!!!!!

Just plain garbage from Sully. Don't usually bother, but I had to see what he'd come up with all this optimism thanks to LaCanfora.

So he basically espouses the brilliance of offensive mastermind Marc Trestman. If Brandon and company had hired a CFL guy after Chan, he'd have lambasted them.

And I'd hope that having Cutler at the controls is part of the reason Trestman's O lit up the stat sheet compared with the greenhorn a rookie like Marrone had.

Columnist-wise, it's just a fishwrap and little else.

Agree with all of the above.

One coach has a vet QB & 2 of the best WR's in the game. The other coach has a rookie QB & 2 undrafted free agents along with very average WR's.

What exactly was the record for both teams - pretty much the same.

Players make the coach. The best example is Belicheat. He had a losing record before Brady & he is called a genius after Brady.

No one says everything has to be unicorns farting rainbows. But all Sully and Bucky know how to do is depress people.

It hit me yesterday why the News is bringing Carucci back. The Bills won't talk to any of their reporters. Somebody posted a link to a new Bills writer at Syracuse.com and that guy has some great stuff, like the one on Whaley and the draft.

That's the kind of piece the Buffalo News can't write anymore because they've burned all their bridges with the Bills as nd Sabres.

Exactly. There is this great dysfunction. It would be the end of the world if we lose the Bills, but the Bills will always lose and beside football kills people. I am not saying you can't be critical, or that injury issues should not discussed. But it's opening day. Seriously, if football is so dangerous that it creates suicidal drug addicts, perhaps the sport should be banned like rooster fighting. I mean the fact that people choose to play despite the risks I guess is beside the point, everyone is a victim. I mean if opening day has to be depressing and focused on the negative, what's the effing point of watching NFL football at all. We would all be served if the Bills left and the NFL was banned.

It's Gameday, and I am fired up. Got the uni on and heading to the first gathering of a brand-new Backers chapter I founded last week. There are a surprising number of Bills fans coming considering that we're in the heart of Redskins territory (Lynchburg, VA). My three kids are in their unis: Gilmore, M. Williams, and K. Williams. I've been a fan for a long time, and Opening Day is like Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas rolled into one. That said, if I offend anyone's delicate sensibilities with the following, I apologize.

F the News. F Sullivan. F all the Rochester and Syracuse writers who piled on the doom and gloom. F all the Negative Nancies who've followed this team for ten minutes and are calling for...well, anyone's head. Yeah, fourteen years is a long time and it makes me mad, too. But the people who jump off the bandwagon and act as though they're entitled...well, F them, too. I am a fan, and I am entitled to my opinion, but at the end of the day, I'm giving the football experts a chance to prove if they know what they're doing. If they do, we go to the playoffs. If they don't, we go 15 seasons and they get fired.

Time for EJ, CJ, FredEx, the Williams boyz, and Marrone to make a statement.

GO BILLS!!!

amen brother..

F bad boy as a staff record label and as a mof*ckin crew.. and if u wanna be down with bad boy, then F you too