Eli Manning

This is not an EJ bashing thread, but rather a thought about what to do next year IF he craps out which I believe and hope he won't do.

So talking with my sister who is a giants fan (yes, she is the black sheep of our family), people are thinking giants may not be willing to pay him the ridiculous contract (close to 100 mill) that recent qbs have gotten. I don't think he deserves a manning (edit: Peyton Manning) type contract , but it seems these contracts are more determined by the market for qbs rather than the actual talent level (see baltimore)

Eli is inconsistent but has real talent and with him at the helm and with the roster that we currently have in buffalo (with some OL upgrades) this could be a Super Bowl caliber offense.

Could someone in the bills organization do some shady off the record chatting with his agent to let him know that if the giants don't give him something that puts him in the range of his peers (top dollar contract), he could walk away and into a much more friendly fan environment (buffalo vs NYC), a stacked offense (with him there), a top tier D and a high level contract?

Obviously hoping EJ shines and this is a non issue, but if it's clear by the end of season he is not improving this may be a way out of our predicament of not having either a franchise qb or a 1st round draft pick.

Most likely, the giants wrap him up before he hits open market, but just some food for thought.

Edited by BillsBackersChicago

Eli will likely retire as a NYG.

THere is no reason to believe that the Giants would not resign him. If he loses and still lands them a top ten pick the chances of them upgrading are not high, at least for a season or two until the new guy can surpass Eli.

There simply are not enough good QB's to field 32 teams.

The guy was one of the worst qb's in the league last year. 27 picks and only 15 TD's.

Has to be a record for someone to have that lopsided of a season after winning a superbowl MVP (not to mention a pair of them).

I personally love that he's struggling for a lot of reasons:

1. The crap he pulled on San Diego for drafting him and his refusing to play for them. What a prima donna baby. Imagine if all the big qb's pulled that classless act every year, what a joke.

2. Giants fans were coming out of the woodwork a few years back when they were winning, and it seems like half of them have gone into hiding again which is awesome.

3. Coughlin's pissed off face makes me laugh, and he's stuck with a qb in an unbelievable slump.

4. The NY media has no patience for poor play, and they were ripping him up and down last year. He wanted NYC, well, here you go whiner boy.

Say all you want about his superbowl MVP stuff, the dude is finished. He threw 15 TD's last year and his brother threw 55. HaHaHaHaHa.

(of course, I hated Brandon Spikes just as badly, and now he's one of my favorite Bills, so apparently I would love Manning too if he came here too. That's frustrating)

If it all falls apart again this year, it will likely be Coughlin's last with the Giants…that means new coaching regime and possibly a new QB. It's very hard to believe that they will ever part ways with Eli but if he burns out this year, they are going to have to consider it as he's a big part of their cap.

Just saying.... Eli was a disaster 10 games into his career. Absolute train wreck as a rookie his completion percentage through 9 games was less than 50%!

His rating wasn't better than our rookies until his FIFTH year!

Our guy can be a better QB than Eli

No thanks.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Just saying.... Eli was a disaster 10 games into his career. Absolute train wreck as a rookie his completion percentage through 9 games was less than 50%!

No thanks.

To hell with that! I only want instant pudding! :lol:

No thanks.

2 SB MVP's

3 Pro Bowls

30 Game winning drives

11Playoff appearances (8-3 Record, 89.3 QBR)

5 road playoff wins in the 2 SB years

35000+ passing yards career

Never missed a start in 10 years

Plaxico doesn't shoot himself and he may have had a third ring/MVP as they were the best team in football in 2008 prior to that.

OUR guy better get to work

Edited by filthymcnasty08

2 SB MVP's

3 Pro Bowls

30 Game winning drives

Plaxico doesn't shoot himself and he may have had a third ring/MVP as they were the best team in football in 2008 prior to that.

It's all about goals!

2 SB MVP's

3 Pro Bowls

30 Game winning drives

a much needed dose of sanity.

This is not a hard question. I'd take him in a NY minute.

another dose

Eli the eligma. Yes, it would better than waiting on a youngster.... I guess. The real questions are: does his slumping play mean he is slumping, is he done? Will he get better again? The scary part is he goes hot and cold, not for games but for seasons.