Wanna feel better, Bills fans?

The Browns have the worst group of WRs in the league and NONE would start on any other team - Andrew Hawkins, Miles Austin, Travis Benjamin, Taylor Gabriel. They cut Nate Burleson who is the right guy for the locker room and some leadership of which they have NONE. The 3rd RB listed on their depth chart, Dion Lewis, is already cut! Their QBs have combined for 4 career starts. They have 21 UDFAs on the roster! They kept 12 DEFENSIVE BACKS!

This team does not have a single WR that performed better than a 4th WR last year. They have the worst WRs in the league and the worst QBs in the league. They have one of the worst Guards I have ever seen in Mitchell Schwartz and have done nothing about it. How are they going to run the ball with no semblance of a passing game or even the threat of a passing game?

Help me.

Good news thanks to Doug Whaley you're probably going to have a real nice pick because you guys

Stole are #1. Ole Doug cannot play poker NFL style.

The Browns have the worst group of WRs in the league and NONE would start on any other team - Andrew Hawkins, Miles Austin, Travis Benjamin, Taylor Gabriel. They cut Nate Burleson who is the right guy for the locker room and some leadership of which they have NONE. The 3rd RB listed on their depth chart, Dion Lewis, is already cut! Their QBs have combined for 4 career starts. They have 21 UDFAs on the roster! They kept 12 DEFENSIVE BACKS!

This team does not have a single WR that performed better than a 4th WR last year. They have the worst WRs in the league and the worst QBs in the league. They have one of the worst Guards I have ever seen in Mitchell Schwartz and have done nothing about it. How are they going to run the ball with no semblance of a passing game or even the threat of a passing game?

Help me.

I'd say the following:

- Schwartz is a limited RT and I certainly expect the Browns to look to upgrade him next offseason. He has real issues with speed rushers, but blocks the run well. He is not a Guard, however.

- Losing Gordan made a huge difference. He is currently considering suing and filing for an injunction against the league so he can play.

- Austin was a Pro Bowler in the 2010 and 2011 seasons, but has been injured a lot the last two. With him healthy and if Gordan comes back that WR corps looks pretty good. Without those two on the field (and there is a very good chance of that being the case) that is a very, very bad WR corps.

- Hawkins is actually a very good slot WR. Look for him to rack up some serious yards if Gordon and Austin are on the field. If not, he is in trouble. He needs to be in the slot, not on the edge filling in for one of them.

- Teams will force the Browns to beat them through the air. If they can't muster some semblance of a passing game to keep teams honest so the can run the ball (which they really want to do), then they are in deep trouble.

I'd say the following:

- Schwartz is a limited RT and I certainly expect the Browns to look to upgrade him next offseason. He has real issues with speed rushers, but blocks the run well. He is not a Guard, however.

- Losing Gordan made a huge difference. He is currently considering suing and filing for an injunction against the league so he can play.

- Austin was a Pro Bowler in the 2010 and 2011 seasons, but has been injured a lot the last two. With him healthy and if Gordan comes back that WR corps looks pretty good. Without those two on the field (and there is a very good chance of that being the case) that is a very, very bad WR corps.

- Hawkins is actually a very good slot WR. Look for him to rack up some serious yards if Gordon and Austin are on the field. If not, he is in trouble. He needs to be in the slot, not on the edge filling in for one of them.

- Teams will force the Browns to beat them through the air. If they can't muster some semblance of a passing game to keep teams honest so the can run the ball (which they really want to do), then they are in deep trouble.

I saw that about Gordon - do you think there is a chance they can shelf the suspension? On what grounds is he suing?

I saw that about Gordon - do you think there is a chance they can shelf the suspension? On what grounds is he suing?

Yes, there is a chance. Not a certainty, however. The league's policy is to collect two samples. Sample A is tested for THC. If a level of 15 ppm or above is found then Sample B is tested for the existence of THC. If positive, the player fails. The issue is that Sample A came in at 16 ppm and Sample B came in at 13.5 ppm. The legal challenge will likely be that there is an issue with the testing/collection procedure since those samples are collected at the same time and should have the same content. Notably the average of the two is below the threshold of a positive test.

I think that since the marijuana policy is being renegotiated Gordan might be looking to just draw this out for a bit so the league winds up in the position of fighting to suspend a player for something that is no longer a violation. I could see them giving such a case up due to bad PR.

Edited by BarleyNY

Help me.

And yet they have a better preseason record than us..They are 1-4 and we are 1-5.. URGH

I know I won't be feeling better next April - May !

The Browns may look weak on paper, and it means nothing.

The 2012 Bills have looked great on paper and DC Dave Wannstedt fielded one of the worst NFL defenses ever. In 2010 the Bills new GM boldly stated he thought the team was "not that far away" and they promptly went 0-8.

Mike Pettine looks to know what he is doing, and I think more highly of him then I do a lot of other NFL head coaches.

First of all he is still considering suing for various reasons.

I do believe that he has a shot on the grounds that as long as he is under contract to the Cleveland Browns he can't pursue his chosen professional career. Meaning it blocks him from playing in Canada, or playing football anywhere else.

Anyway, seems almost lame that players can be suspended for doing something that is legal now in some states.

Edited by FeartheLosing

I forgot to mention - Whitner looks like crap! But thanks. Also, not sure if you saw any of Justin Gilbert in the PS but not.good.

I do hope the D comes through but it may not be enough. Cameron is the only "weapon" Ds need to worry about, so I assume he'll be well covered.

Don't worry we already know that!

Browns are trending up. However, similar to Buffalo if the QB that was drafted doesn't work out the fan base might revolt.

One main difference is that the Manziel hype train is so much bigger than the likes of what we have ever seen. If the kid busts, the Browns will have a very hard time recovering.